Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

José Fonte:

"This group is very strong, the togetherness is there. We know each other very well. What can I say...? I'm fine. It's been eventful, obviously. It's not nice what happened. I'm man enough. I took it and moved on. I hope everyone will move on and focus on what is important, Southampton Football Club winning games."

José Fonte:

"This group is very strong, the togetherness is there. We know each other very well. What can I say...? I'm fine. It's been eventful, obviously. It's not nice what happened. I'm man enough. I took it and moved on. I hope everyone will move on and focus on what is important, Southampton Football Club winning games."

Did you see Osvaldo was re-tweeting pics of Fonte tonight?

To be fair it all looks a bit over the top to me

Fonte doesn't look like someone who has been brutaly attacked.

If osvaldo is genuinely sorry and wants to be a part of the team then stop acting like a child and retweeting fonte stuff to look good, just publicly appoligise and draw a line under it.

And fonte stop looking for attention tweeting photos of a scratched eye and looking for sympathy

Its all a bit pathetic and embarrassing to be honest

Get over it

To be fair it all looks a bit over the top to me

Fonte doesn't look like someone who has been brutaly attacked.

If osvaldo is genuinely sorry and wants to be a part of the team then stop acting like a child and retweeting fonte stuff to look good, just publicly appoligise and draw a line under it.

And fonte stop looking for attention tweeting photos of a scratched eye and looking for sympathy

Its all a bit pathetic and embarrassing to be honest

Get over it

The quote that went with that pic was far from sympathy hunting.

Doesn't matter how it looks to you - if the squad don't want him, then get rid. Simple.

I consider it no small coincidence that, even accounting for injuries, the team spirit and effort is back now Osvaldo is off the scene.

Maybe the NC issue was affecting the team too.

Nonsense.

One thing this team has never lacked is spirit, with or without Osvaldo.

Are you seriously trying to claim that the other players didn't try as hard when Osvaldo was playing?

This is all pretty frustrating - the missing piece of the jigsaw is a top class striker and we have one at the club right now.

Surely all parties can kiss and make up and we can finally see what Ossie can do.

Great performance last night BTW.

I consider it no small coincidence that, even accounting for injuries, the team spirit and effort is back now Osvaldo is off the scene.

Maybe the NC issue was affecting the team too.

The comments from Katharina Liebherr were quite telling in this regard - "my priority now is to bring some stability and calm to the workings of the club; perhaps a few smiles too"

Commentators on my stream last night talked about how players always knew when Nicola was at the training ground and I get the impression that he was quite the task master (OCD) and not the most 'fun' of characters

We have seen with the release of players and players going on loan that perhaps things are just slightly easier now Nic has moved on.

Hoping it also makes us easier to deal with in regards to inward transfers

The comments from Katharina Liebherr were quite telling in this regard - "my priority now is to bring some stability and calm to the workings of the club; perhaps a few smiles too"

Commentators on my stream last night talked about how players always knew when Nicola was at the training ground and I get the impression that he was quite the task master (OCD) and not the most 'fun' of characters

We have seen with the release of players and players going on loan that perhaps things are just slightly easier now Nic has moved on.

You were watching the NBC feed from the US broadcast. Welcome on board Gla-Gla!

who do you reckon?

Reckon we're going to try and make the Juve deal work for us in terms of Vukovic.... loan both ways I reckon.

Apparently they're paying up to £14.8m for him, as it will become permanent in the summer. (loan fee included in the total amount). We get our money back, which is quite impressive.

Reckon we're going to try and make the Juve deal work for us in terms of Vukovic.... loan both ways I reckon.

Apparently they're paying up to £14.8m for him, as it will become permanent in the summer. (loan fee included in the total amount). We get our money back, which is quite impressive.

that would be a brilliant deal

Vukovic, would be brilliant.

better than getting all excited about the prospect of nicky maynard

that would be a brilliant deal

Vukovic, would be brilliant.

better than getting all excited about the prospect of nicky maynard

I remember those days. Wasn't it either Maynard or Beckford at the time? (Although to be fair, we did want Rodriguez back then too)

It's a hell of a move for Dani if it happens, the run-away leaders in Serie A and one of the biggest clubs in the world. Great move for him, and let's make sure we make it a great move for us as well.
The only bad thing about this deal is he gets so well rewarded for being a c**t.

That's because everyone at the club was miserable while cortese was there. Ask anyone that works there what it was like the day after he left! Everyone was smiling as to the normal walking around with eyes in the back of there heads.

The club is now a happier place fact

This has nothing to do with osvaldo

Maybe if what your saying that the players don't want to play with him !? The players will have to start voting to see he we sign to check they all like them and they will fit in?

I think you need to give our players a bit more credit! They are professional enough to not let him effect there game.

I personal think he should go. Not because he had a tiff with fonte but because he is crap

From Sky Sports Website:

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed the club's interest in Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo.

Former Roma man Osvaldo has been linked with a move back to Italy after being suspended by Southampton following a training ground bust-up.

The likes of Juventus and Inter Milan have been credited with an interest in Osvaldo, with the player reportedly keen on a move back to Serie A.

Marotta has admitted Osvaldo is on their list of targets, but that they must sell before they can buy anyone.

"We like Osvaldo and other clubs like him too," Marotta told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is an excellent player, but before buying anyone we need to sell."

Marotta also revealed they will only sell unsettled forward Mirko Vucinic if he asks to leave Turin.

Vucinic has been linked with a move away from Juventus all month with a possible swap deal with Inter Milan's Fredy Guarin collapsing at the last minute.

A number of clubs are thought to be keen on Vucinic and Marotta insists the Montenegro international will only leave if he demands to quit.

"Vucinic? He will leave only if he asks to go," added Marotta.

From Sky Sports Website:

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed the club's interest in Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo.

Former Roma man Osvaldo has been linked with a move back to Italy after being suspended by Southampton following a training ground bust-up.

The likes of Juventus and Inter Milan have been credited with an interest in Osvaldo, with the player reportedly keen on a move back to Serie A.

Marotta has admitted Osvaldo is on their list of targets, but that they must sell before they can buy anyone.

"We like Osvaldo and other clubs like him too," Marotta told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is an excellent player, but before buying anyone we need to sell."

Marotta also revealed they will only sell unsettled forward Mirko Vucinic if he asks to leave Turin.

Vucinic has been linked with a move away from Juventus all month with a possible swap deal with Inter Milan's Fredy Guarin collapsing at the last minute.

A number of clubs are thought to be keen on Vucinic and Marotta insists the Montenegro international will only leave if he demands to quit.

"Vucinic? He will leave only if he asks to go," added Marotta.

please, please, let this happen.