Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

I for one really hope that this can all be put to bed and that Osvaldo can be forgiven and welcomed back into the fold. There's no doubting that this guy is world class.

The term 'world class' is so overdone, the reality is that he's no where near world class. A decent player, but no more or less than that.

No idea what world class means on here....according to Pastor Patron... Michael Owen wouldn't 't have been world class ....

The facts as I see them.... He was a more than decent striker in Italy....he's showed some moments of absolute class in England... But not showed it consistently... And not really got the pace of the EPL.... Obviously needs help with his temperament...

If Fonte was willing to forgive him...I'd be more than happy that he stayed and 'cos there's a chance he could be excellent...if the boys don't want him... More than happy that he goes....

... But we can't start pretending we never wanted him... Or thought he had a chance of being 'world class' ... Whatever that means..

Loaning him to another PL club seems such a strange option,why loan him to your rival and leave yourself short?

If he goes we need another ST and there is no denying that,as much as we all love RL he has looked tired lately and seems to be carrying a injury and that doesn't leave us with a lone ST if he is not available.

Best case scenario is they all kiss and make up and we go about business as usual,failing that a swap for Vuicinic from Juve will do me

My neighbours good friend is involved in the youth team set up at saints and apparently this is not the first time Osvaldo has attacked a saints player, last time around is was covered up. The guy is a lout.

I'm going for...due to the fact the club would of acted first time round.....

mqdefault.jpg

I'm going for...due to the fact the club would of acted first time round.....

mqdefault.jpg

There's nothing in grim reaper's posting history to suggest he's a WUM. Maybe the club did take action the first time but simply didn't announce it. Might explain why he didn't play a few games last month when he was supposedly "ill"...

I hope he stays, some of his play is great first touch technique etc.at the moment i think if we let him go the only loser is us, with lambert looking like he might be on the downward spiral lately i was really looking forward to dani coming back.

Its in our best interests to manage this situation properly.

Tame the beast and get him back to his best.

Letting him go is the easy way out and wont benefit us as we will take a hit on what we paid

Did alex ferguson just ship out his stars when they had been naughty?

The Chris Nicholl thread reminded me of the time back in the 80's when Lawrie McMenemy and Mark Wright had a fight in the changing rooms during one game and Lawrie Mac ended up being pushed into the bath. Can you imagine if that happened these days, people would want him hung!

The Chris Nicholl thread reminded me of the time back in the 80's when Lawrie McMenemy and Mark Wright had a fight in the changing rooms during one game and Lawrie Mac ended up being pushed into the bath. Can you imagine if that happened these days, people would want him hung!

Of course, that was all before Internet Vigilantes! It took a while back then for these news stories to filter round the world.

Did I dream seeing an apology from osvaldo via his instagram somewhere?

This was the instagram account it came from - http://www.instagram.com/danistone25 although the jury is still out whether it is a fake account or not? Surely if it was a fake account then he would have reported it especially with the high level of personal pictures on there? And it really isn't difficult to get it suspended either via the "report user" button. also, it is linked to his twitter account.

Just click on the picture of the Southampton background to read the apology note.

No idea what world class means on here....according to Pastor Patron... Michael Owen wouldn't 't have been world class ....

The facts as I see them.... He was a more than decent striker in Italy....he's showed some moments of absolute class in England... But not showed it consistently... And not really got the pace of the EPL.... Obviously needs help with his temperament...

If Fonte was willing to forgive him...I'd be more than happy that he stayed and 'cos there's a chance he could be excellent...if the boys don't want him... More than happy that he goes....

... But we can't start pretending we never wanted him... Or thought he had a chance of being 'world class' ... Whatever that means..

This ^ -- assuming you do mean he hasn't quite yet adjusted to the pace of the PL, as opposed to him not having enough pace, which he has. But the over-riding facotr is how the rest of the team feel about him, however good he may or may not be.

This was the instagram account it came from - http://www.instagram.com/danistone25 although the jury is still out whether it is a fake account or not? Surely if it was a fake account then he would have reported it especially with the high level of personal pictures on there? And it really isn't difficult to get it suspended either via the "report user" button. also, it is linked to his twitter account.

Just click on the picture of the Southampton background to read the apology note.

It is obviously not a fake account. And what picture of the Southampton background? And what apology note?

The Telegraph report doesn't make clear whether those Italian clubs want to buy him or take him on loan. Can't see why on earth we'd lend him to West Ham,or any other English club, but a loan to Italy, if all his wage is covered ... maybe. As I said in my other post, it depends on the attitude of the other Saints players.

We do need to consider a replacement if he goes though. Gallagher may be promising, but surely it's too early to have to rely on him much?

PS .. how is Mayuka getting on ?

[quote=pimpin4rizeal;

Letting him go is the easy way out and wont benefit us as we will take a hit on what we paid

Did alex ferguson just ship out his stars when they had been naughty?

Actually yes, Ince, Keane, Beckham, Stam to name a few as soon as they thought they could get one over on him or acted billy big boots he moved them on, the only one to be cut any slack seems to be Rooney;

If Dani can't integrate back into the squad then he'll have to be sold but only at a price that is acceptable for an international of his calibre. ie Not on the cheap and certainly not loaned out. However if he wants to stay and sorts himself out then hopefully he'll turn out to be the decent signing we all hoped he would be.

Fair enough, I must have missed that, a good start if he's genuinely apologetic.

Agree. And if you really want to show acceptance, you lift the suspension and play him against Arsenal. NO point cutting your nose off to spite your face, BUT have to weigh up the feeling in the dressing room as that is paramount, as Kelvin said. While I don't like player power dictating who should/shouldn't play for the club, I do think that the senior players' feelings should be considered.

Actually yes, Ince, Keane, Beckham, Stam to name a few as soon as they thought they could get one over on him or acted billy big boots he moved them on, the only one to be cut any slack seems to be Rooney;

I think Eric Cantona might have something to say about that.

West Ham trying to loan him, blimey him and Ravel Morrison in the same squad! I know BFS likes his teams to be a bit robust on the pitch them 2 together will make My Little Donkey and Nolan look like a pair of big Jessies!

The East End of London will never have been so quiet of an evening since the days of the Krays and Mad Frankie.

You do wonder just how much Balliotelli's house would have been left standing if Osvaldo had been round Mario's on the night of the Firework caper.

I didn't think Wet spam could take him on loan - haven't they reached their squad limit with those 2 new signings from italy? - Also if those 2 signings hit the ground running in the PL i guess that will debunk the whole "needing time to adapt to PL" excuse? Hopefully they will turn out to be a load of old rubbish for BFS..

Everton have loads of players on loan..well at least 3, think it depends where they come from actually.

Everton have loads of players on loan..well at least 3, think it depends where they come from actually.

it was 3, but Traore makes it 4.

You can't loan more than once from the same Prem club, as Cardiff have found out when trying to bring in Zaha and Fabio

Edited by Chez

what's all this Mo Po speaking to written press.. but embargo to 11pm millarkey?

Nothing different from any other week.

The press-conferences before every game start with questions from broadcast media outlets like Sky, then the cameras are switched off and the written press then get to ask questions. This is then embargoed until the evening so it can make the papers the next day without things leaking.