Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

Understand that a loan is not free..

Usually a fee and wages....but nowhere near paying 15/20/25 million etc..

There purchases in recent past are very much hp...big time.

Those fees can still rack up.

At least when you buy a player outright, you are able to sell them, and recoup some of the initial outlay.

If we sold Ossie, I imagine we'd probably still get around £10m - so it's not a HUGE loss really.

West Ham are broke.......Sullivan and Gold not spending any of their own money..

Hence loan transfers..........renting the new Olympic stadium next year and selling Upton Park for development.

TV MONEY next season etc...

Hope they get relegated.:)

This is nothing new for wham, they always seem to try to obtain players, which would otherwise be beyond their means on loans. Doing it for years, remember Tevez and Macherano. They are as bad as poopey.

If Valencia have offered €18m then they're mad...unless they mean it's for Vucinic??

In the article the full wording is

These are intense hours in the winter transfer period, Juve is at the center of a few of the storylines. Should Mirko Vucinic be sold this week, Juve will try to acquire Osvaldo. Today the bianconeri made the first contacts with some intermediaries. However there has been a concrete offer to Southampton for the striker: Valencia has offered 18 million euro.

I thought they had that Peter Lim chap bankrolling their signings?

Pulled out according to what I read recently.

Spanish clubs look decent given their broke ownership status but it's when you look at a maximum TV income of 40 million (and that's Valencia and Atletico, the rest get no more than 30) against 100 of Barça and Real Madrid (this is fixed BTW, i.e. they could finish bottom and still get the same) that you book your return flights.

I suspect that eventually the two powerhouses are going to go equally bust.

I think, whatever happens between now and Friday....he's no longer our player. We'll try and get our money back or some sort of loan fee, but if that doesn't happen then I reckon we'll tear up his contract. Last resort though, obviously. But I just cannot see a way back for him, rumour has it...now this is just rumour...that this wasn't the 1st training ground bust up he's had here, it's actually his 3rd. This was the reason he wasn't around over Christmas...now that could be tosh, but just putting it out there.

Good start. Now how do we get the rest of the £15 million (or whatever it was) back?

Di Marzio is saying we have received an €18m bid (£14.8m) from Valencia.

This, if true, leaves us with the potential to make a profit!

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//gianlucadimarzio.com/juventus/juventus-contatti-per-osvaldo-ce-anche-il-valencia/

We've not heard much from MP, does anyone think the Osvaldo decision might affect his own decision on whether or not to stay at the end of the season? After all, Osvaldo was clearly a player that he wanted despite being aware he had a bit of history with some similar incidents. Or maybe even he's realised Osvaldo is a complete nutter who is better off not being here

We've not heard much from MP, does anyone think the Osvaldo decision might affect his own decision on whether or not to stay at the end of the season? After all, Osvaldo was clearly a player that he wanted despite being aware he had a bit of history with some similar incidents. Or maybe even he's realised Osvaldo is a complete nutter who is better off not being here

I'd suggest this.

Mopo will have lost a lot of respect and influence in the transfer committee circles and his comments yesterday were quite telling

"As the manager, I am fully focused on tomorrow’s match. We have other people to look after transfers" translates as "im not involved in transfer decisions anymore"

Crap article. You can't fine him for not leaving - that would be against the law.

You obviously didn't read the article or didn't understand what was said. " Osvaldo COULD be fined.................pending the decision of the club inquiry into the incident that led to the initial 2 week suspension."

Should he leave they will probably waver fining him the minimum 2 weeks or maximum 6 weeks suspension.

" I'm not btjhe

Mopo will have lost a lot of respect and influence in the transfer committee circles and his comments yesterday were quite telling

"As the manager, I am fully focused on tomorrow’s match. We have other people to look after transfers" translates as "im not involved in transfer decisions anymore"

" The club have other people who also are involved in the transfers" I'm not the only one involved.

Who's going to bite?

The bite potential rating for that one is only 7.7/10 so not many

If others in the team don't want him there, get rid of the ****. He's acted like a bellend before, you can't guarantee he won't do it again. I know one of the bedwetters on here(alpine I think?) said something along the lines of he was our worst signing ever. I wouldn't go that far but he certainly hasn't been worth the money.

If others in the team don't want him there, get rid of the ****. He's acted like a bellend before, you can't guarantee he won't do it again. I know one of the bedwetters on here(alpine I think?) said something along the lines of he was our worst signing ever. I wouldn't go that far but he certainly hasn't been worth the money.

If he neevr plays for Saints again then surely he can't be far off being the worst ever signing..?!

13 games, 3 goals, big ego (it would seem), despite obvious talent he hasn't really performed, and to top it off he headbutts a very popular member of the squad leaving the rest of the team wanting rid... The list of worse signings can't be very long.

Shame really because he is undoubtadly very cool (coolest player in the league?), and that alone warrents his place in the team if you're asking me.

Shame really because he is undoubtadly very cool (coolest player in the league?), and that alone warrents his place in the team if you're asking me.

i have sympathy with this! I feel the same with bands, actual ability is not v.important it's more about how cool you look.

You obviously didn't read the article or didn't understand what was said. " Osvaldo COULD be fined.................pending the decision of the club inquiry into the incident that led to the initial 2 week suspension."

Should he leave they will probably waver fining him the minimum 2 weeks or maximum 6 weeks suspension.

Alas, I can read and understand English. The headline was distinctly parisological by portraying it as an ultimatum.