Supporter relations manager

Amesbury Saint

I was going to make a cheap joke about a certain poster being a shoe in for this post but the advertised details kind of support what FF has been saying. Stuff about outgoing communication and presentation skills but no mention of customer feedback. The salary tells you how much importance the club gives it.

You only have to look down the road at Micah Hall to see how this type of role just doesn't work, and is a hiding to nothing for the incumbent.

saying that I applaud the effort to open a greater dialogue with the fans.

The role David Luker had as "Head of Supporter Services" basically combined the role of managing the ticketing and liaising with supporters on both an individual and group basis, and it worked pretty well. No reason why they couldn't do the same again - can't say I'm convinced there's enough work there for a standalone role, although £30k isn't to be sniffed at for something like that.

Brilliant timing after the FA Cup example of supporter relations! ...shame we didn't have someone in post a few weeks back - or will it just be a case of spinning what the management want to do anyway?

That would be my fear. Steve raised a good point about David Luker, but he was able to apply customer comments to the management of his own team.

Still, I see it as a good thing that club want to show they're listening, so I'm going to choose to view it as a positive step.at the very least it's worth trying.

You only have to look down the road at Micah Hall to see how this type of role just doesn't work, and is a hiding to nothing for the incumbent.

saying that I applaud the effort to open a greater dialogue with the fans.

All depends how the role is used, but I think it's a good idea, relative to the level of success we've had over the last few years there is probably a disproportionate amount of p*****d off fans, plenty of relatively easy/quick wins from the club to keep fans happy and win a few brownie points if someone has their ear to the ground and is reasonably switched on.

That would be my fear. Steve raised a good point about David Luker, but he was able to apply customer comments to the management of his own team.

Still, I see it as a good thing that club want to show they're listening, so I'm going to choose to view it as a positive step.at the very least it's worth trying.

Seems to be more about promoting than listening.

I was going to make a cheap joke about a certain poster being a shoe in for this post but the advertised details kind of support what FF has been saying. Stuff about outgoing communication and presentation skills but no mention of customer feedback. The salary tells you how much importance the club gives it.

"This is a hands-on role which will manage and implement strategy as well as manage all customer feedback and the administration of all outbound communication to supporters and clients."

Some on here I believe would be ideal with the spin they give for bizarre decisions and the performances by the players, a deflector shield is an absolute must for the job.

NickG is a shoe in for the job, he could use his posting history as his CV.

So they already had a Customer Relations manager, who managed to piddle off the bulk of the block 20 ST holders when they were evicted without notice. And now we are getting a Supporter Relations Manager what's the difference as I thought that in this modern day world of money driven football all Supporters were now all viewed as customers?

• 3 months later...