The 14/15 Goalkeeper HCDAJFU thread

Rasiak-9-

Steklenberg (though fulham are a strange case for sure) has found his place in the first team taken by stockdale recently. If he's still the class keeper he has looked beforehand fulham may well be willing to cash in and put stockdale in.

He had a bad shoulder injury at the start of the season, if he's clear of that then he'd be a top signing.

Let's just not sell shaw. Silly comment.

Why is that a silly comment? There is a very good chance that shaw could be sold in the summer given the valuations being bandied about. We have more chance of prising away a top keeper if they want our player more. It would certainly make me feel better about the deal if we were able to get a decent player in return.

He had a bad shoulder injury at the start of the season, if he's clear of that then he'd be a top signing.

Agree. Stekelenburg for me. Best option out of those previously mentioned. Good age. Think he could be a great signing.

Ask for lindegaard as a make weight when they bid for shaw

alternatively that highly rated nipper that Chelsea have

courtois

Way, way, way above our level.

Playing for a title-challenging team in Spain on loan from a title-challenging team in England; both of whom can afford to pay him more than we can.

Feet on the ground guys.

To be fair I think he has been victim of the merry go round at fulham too. Seen him play some decent stuff and rare a dutch international with roma on his cv to be tosh.

He may well be a good shout if price and wages are right, same for Adler as somebody mentioned above, he looks a real commanding presence and would be something of a coup.

Forster for me. My Celtic supporting work colleague is convinced that we will get him. Celtic wont be able to match Premier League wages.

We definitely need someone. Don't see Davis carrying on next season and Gazzaniga is a liability.

He is quite average, its why no one has taken a punt on him yet.

Pretty much - he's a good shot stopper but he's so incredibly slow and his distribution is pretty poor too. Only gets the hype because he's English and not playing in the English leagues, I believe that's known as Owen Hargreaves Syndrome.

Personally I would look to see how much Wigan want for Al-Habsi, proven to be a very solid keeper at this level and would be pretty cheap. Wigan don't want him as they have Carson and a kid called Nicholls who will be pretty decent too. Would definitely rival Boruc for his starting spot, and he's a huge star in the East so would fit in nicely with that plan to increase revenue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ezvpIx3s4

I disagree that he is average...he has always played well when i have seen him...Roy clearly rates him

alternatives -

Begovic - top quality keeper but would Stoke sell?? would his agent think he can get champs league team?

Jack Butland - good keeper, is he an upgrade on Boruc?? maybe not now but might be good to challenge him

Mannone - Sunderland probably going down and is a decent keeper, available at a decent price

Marshall - Decent keeper

Richard Wright is on his way out of the Etihad. Must be better and more reliable than what we have, and would surely welcome the move, though I would prefer Schmeichel or Ruddy, but top of the list has to be Begovic for me.

Richard Wright is on his way out of the Etihad. Must be better and more reliable than what we have, and would surely welcome the move, though I would prefer Schmeichel or Ruddy, but top of the list has to be Begovic for me.

Wright honestly? probably not even as good as Davis and that's not a glowing reference. There are plenty of decent keepers that most haven't even heard of and yet we keep getting the same old hack names trotted out time after time. If I was looking for a young keeper with talent I'd be asking PSG about a loan for Areola.

If I was looking for a young keeper with talent I'd be asking PSG about a loan for Areola.

He's a tit. Always making boobs. You can't criticise him tho cos he's sensitive. Also not sure how he'll adjust to cold weather.

erm... i think that's about it for now. I will come back later if i think of any more!

Pretty much - he's a good shot stopper but he's so incredibly slow and his distribution is pretty poor too. Only gets the hype because he's English and not playing in the English leagues, I believe that's known as Owen Hargreaves Syndrome.

Personally I would look to see how much Wigan want for Al-Habsi, proven to be a very solid keeper at this level and would be pretty cheap. Wigan don't want him as they have Carson and a kid called Nicholls who will be pretty decent too. Would definitely rival Boruc for his starting spot, and he's a huge star in the East so would fit in nicely with that plan to increase revenue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ezvpIx3s4

Some absolutely cracking saves in there, but he lost his place that season didn't he? One too many mistakes in him to really improve us that much in my opinion, but still a very good keeper. Adler is excellent and he's such a formidable presence, which is a valuable quality. Van der Sar was a great keeper in part because of his frame, he had such a great reach that he made other keepers' 'wonder saves' look relatively routine. Adler strikes me as similar.

Joe Hart, looks likely that City will sign a new keeper in the summer

If they do it'll be competition. They're always signing players but not many leave.

And if Hart left he'd walk straight into a trophy winning team elsewhere.

We have zero chance of begovic.

What makes you say that?

Edited by DuncanRG

Oliver Baumann and Ron-Robert Zieler. 2 good quality keepers from the Bundesliga.

Zieler is highly rated and has previously been linked to a move to England.

Someone put Baumann's name on here before , and this was found:

which looks like 2 x a Joe Hart in one match, and a Bialkowski thrown in for good measure. Imagine the uproar on here if that was playing for us, or if committed by Gazzaniga or Boluc.

On another clip though he seemed to retain the full support of the crowd there, so perhaps an isolated fiasco he's now got out of his sysyem.