Swansea Build Up Thread

teenagegsaint

As long as they don't do it for the last home game!!!!!!! Please, dear god…What happened to the simple trend of honouring the seasons best player/character like when we wore a fez for Hassan and a ginger tartan hat for Strachan?? Could have gone as Johnny Depp look alines for Osvaldo….

hahaha, laughing stock of football!??

oh no! some west brom fans might make you blush

some of you really need to get something going on in your life if this is the sort of thing that embarresses you

What a pointless, cringeworthy gimmick for the club to initiate.

perhaps it is a cunning ploy to encourage fans to let off flares and invade the pitch if we score at our end, everyone wearing a mask they'll have no idea who's who

There is something to play for - a new record points total for Saints in the Prem. I'd expect Pochettino to see that as a marker for his CV and the players to see it as an achievement for the season. My guess is a full strength team, with the same subs as recently, depending on who is fit.

Saints are going to be a laughing stock as usual. I'm now going to stay in the pub in Swansea and hang myself.

Your posts are very odd and generally premised on the overriding need to look hard or "scene". You are either joking (which isn't funny) or have some sort of deep-seated insecurity. If the former, please stop. If the later, just chill out, you're making life much harder for yourself than it needs to be.

hull fans have loads of steve bruce masks for wembley. so what? it's just football fans dicking about. no-one has to join in. if saints are doing something for a laugh then good for them, again, no-one has to join in. if it just amuses some kids and idiots and me then it seems worthwhile.

obviously my view changes when MLG posts the picture of himself doing someone in a Lallana mask.

But why are the club wasting time and money on something that won't appeal to a large chunk of our away support? Knock a couple of quid off the tickets for the first away game of next season instead, but this mask gimmick obviously won't appeal to many. Edited by Sour Mash

But why are the club wasting time and money on something that won't appeal to a large chunk of our away support? Knock a couple of quid off the tickets for the first away game of next season instead, but this mask gimmick obviously won't appeal to many.

Bet the vast majority of fans on Saturday at least stick the masks on for 5 minutes. Not everyone is a complete and utter dullard. Sorry, I mean, cool as **** footy fan geezer ****.

Bet the vast majority of fans on Saturday at least stick the masks on for 5 minutes. Not everyone is a complete and utter dullard. Sorry, I mean, cool as **** footy fan geezer ****.

A weird view of the world. I know a wide range of Saints fans, young and old, it won't appeal to them.

Why does it excite you so much?

A weird view of the world. I know a wide range of Saints fans, young and old, it won't appeal to them.

Why does it excite you so much?

Who said it excited me at all? How did you come to that conclusion? I just find it sad that whenever the club, or a group of fans, do anything other than rock up to the game in jeans and a T-shirt people like you throw your toys out the pram.

Did you have had a reserved upbringing or something. Did daddy spank you for having fun? Did he call you a 'poof' when you started drinking cider instead of beer?

Who said it excited me at all? How did you come to that conclusion? I just find it sad that whenever the club, or a group of fans, do anything other than rock up to the game in jeans and a T-shirt people like you throw your toys out the pram.

Did you have had a reserved upbringing or something. Did daddy spank you for having fun? Did he call you a 'poof' when you started drinking cider instead of beer?

This clearly hasn't affected you at all, glad you're not worked up by it:rolleyes:

Try not to get too excited with that mask of yours.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/01052014-gallery-training-pre-swansea-city-away-1522080.aspx

Here's the link to the training photos.

There seems to be more youngsters training. Can anyone name them? I think Turnbull and Stephens are there, but I can't tell the other(s).

Jack Stephens isn't there, he is on loan at Swindon Town and I can't see Turnbull in any of them. The youngster with a beard is Sam McQueen, not Turnbull.

Players who qualify as under 21's in those photos are...

Paulo Gazzaniga

James Ward-Prowse

Luke Shaw

Calum Chambers

Sam Gallagher

Cody Cropper

Harrison Reed

Jake Flannigan

Matthew Targett

Sam McQueen

no idea who the player in photo number 18 is

Is that not the young Targett ??

Its Jake Flannigan in photo 18, Targett is in other photos.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Thank you very much. Good to see Sam McQueen around the squad. We should really be looking to give him some minutes as we're a little short on the wings and for speed in general. Good to see Flannigan, but he likely won't feature this team considering the plethora of central midfield talent. Will probably see him next season in the cups.

What I will say is it's really nice knowing that I can say with confidence that we will be playing our new crop of younger players (Reed, McQueen, etc) in the cups and perhaps even the league next season. They will get an opportunity. It's a far cry from Chelsea or Manchester City whose fans would be lucky to witness even one player being blooded.

In five years time I do think we'll be truly established around the nation as a great place to nurture young talent exceptionally well and actually play them. I can only imagine this will attract some of the best talent. Here's to the future.

Thank you very much. Good to see Sam McQueen around the squad. We should really be looking to give him some minutes as we're a little short on the wings and for speed in general. Good to see Flannigan, but he likely won't feature this team considering the plethora of central midfield talent. Will probably see him next season in the cups.

What I will say is it's really nice knowing that I can say with confidence that we will be playing our new crop of younger players (Reed, McQueen, etc) in the cups and perhaps even the league next season. They will get an opportunity. It's a far cry from Chelsea or Manchester City whose fans would be lucky to witness even one player being blooded.

In five years time I do think we'll be truly established around the nation as a great place to nurture young talent exceptionally well and actually play them. I can only imagine this will attract some of the best talent. Here's to the future.

Good to see them come through, but would be shame for them to effectively replace some of the younger players who are starting to fulfil their potential like Shaw, Lallana.

Imagine if it were to supplement them, thats the only way the team will improve - despite the quality from the academy it has little impact upon the success of our first team.

In the last 10 years the only Academy player who has made a tangible difference to the playing results over a decent timeperiod is Lallana.

Ramirez might be back from injury. Yoshida, Davis and Rodriguez still out and Schneiderlin probably back. Some nice words from Garry Monk as well:

"It will be a proud day. I've got a lot of friends left in Southampton from my time there. That is where i learnt to be a footballer and learned my trade, alongside some fantastic players.

"It's a brilliant club and come Saturday it will probably be one of my proudest moments.

"From a footballing principle, that is where we have tried to get to, but this is the first season where we have had a fall back from where we have been going previously.

"They (Saints) are a very good football side with a great ethos, and of course you want to aspire to something like that."

So:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Morgan Wanyama

Davis Lallana Ramirez(JWP,Reed?)

Gallagher

Ramirez remains out and Schneiderlin isn't fully fit so possibly only on the bench along with Lambert...

BBC Solent Sport@solentsport 20m

#saintsfc Both Rickie Lambert (gluteus muscle) & Morgan Schneiderlin (thigh) battling to be fit for Swansea trip - Gaston Ramirez out

It is all hinting towards a start for Reed.

If Pochettino includes De Prado in the final games, I'm sure he's not being serious in his selections. The guys leaving and to include him will take away a golden chance to blood promising youngsters.

I'd be tempted to start with Reed then if Gaston is fit. If Morgan isn't fully fit then Cork in. Hopefully give Guly a run out as well. Hasn't let us down in the Prem - despite not being good enough for this league.

Should be a good day out anyway.

If Pochettino includes De Prado in the final games, I'm sure he's not being serious in his selections. The guys leaving and to include him will take away a golden chance to blood promising youngsters.

Come on, you can do better than that for a trolling attempt. Guly is probably leaving this summer (seems it), so I'd like him to get a final run-out.

He's been a good servant and played a part in L1 and the Championship.

Why do so many people try and make a point about a huge group of people by saying 'I know x, y, z'. Unless you know about 5,000 it really doesn't matter.

It's football fans sticking some daft masks on and messing around. I don't understand having the energy to get annoyed about it!

How much energy do you think it takes?

I'm surprised Omar Rowe hasn't been training with the first team or had a look in yet...any one know why? Isn't he 20 soon?

he used to post on here as deppo

Edit: but sorry no i dunno why he is not train with first team. I don't think forum bans extend to staplewood

Come on, you can do better than that for a trolling attempt. Guly is probably leaving this summer (seems it), so I'd like him to get a final run-out.

He's been a good servant and played a part in L1 and the Championship.

Pretty much this 1000 times over.

If not tonight I'd say he deserves a farewell run out in front of the home fans. Not suggesting he should start though.

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't be surprised/unhappy if he got a one year extension. If he goes that's another squad position that needs filling from either a youngster stepping up - which isn't guaranteed - or money being spent, which we want to minimize.