Swansea Build Up Thread

teenagegsaint

Second year in a row where this has been our last away game of the season, remember the weather being lovely last year, the game was positively awful. Hoping for something a bit better this time.

Second year in a row where this has been our last away game of the season, remember the weather being lovely last year, the game was positively awful. Hoping for something a bit better this time.

2 teams playing good football completely cancelled each other out to a 0-0 draw. Hoping for goals this time round!!

And yet another perfectly good goal disallowed as well…My recollection is Mayuka panicking their defence when he came on for the last 15 minutes, they push up and leave space behind them. Play Clyney as a right winger!

No, don't.

Time to give a few of the youngsters a go...

Boruc

Clyne - Fonte - Lovren - Targett

Reed - Wanyama

Davis - Lallana - Lambert

Gallagher

Subs: Gazza, Shaw, Chambers, Cork, Schneiderlin, Sims, McQueen

Agree - after Lallana V Mccarthy can see him being fine with a place on the bench though. Did anyone else see them squabbling during and after the game on Saturday?

Time to give a few of the youngsters a go...

Boruc

Clyne - Fonte - Lovren - Targett

Reed - Wanyama

Davis - Lallana - Lambert

Gallagher

Subs: Gazza, Shaw, Chambers, Cork, Schneiderlin/JWP, Sims, McQueen

I don't think we will start with 3 academy players like that, especially not leaving Shaw out when he is fighting for a WC place. I'd say if anything we will see Gallagher start and possibly a sub appearance for Reed. Putting out 3 youngsters and having them get well beaten by Swansea isn't going to help their careers. This will be a tough game even for our strongest XI

Same team as Saturday please. As much as I'd like us to try something with the youngsters, it wouldn't be fair on the fans paying money to travel and see the game. Let's wave the academy in front of Utds noses on the last day, and try to get points with a strong team against Swansea.

I would play the kids in this one as we literally have nothing to play for. Give the young lads some valuable experience.

Gazza

Chambers - Fonte - Lovren - Targett

Reed - Wanyama

JWP - Lallana - McQueen

Gallagher

Subs: Boruc, Shaw, Clyne, Cork, Sims, Lambert, Davis

Well we have 8th place to play for so not literally nothing.

I'm not saying we should experiment too much, but how are Saints going to lose 8th place? We are 6 points ahead, with 6 points to play for (including Newcastle going to Anfield) plus Newcastle would need a 25 goal difference swing.

Don't want Gallagher to start, never wins anything in the air! Awful for a 6ft 4 striker

His mere presence in the Everton box on the defenders radar had them windy enough to drop a clanger twice. Good job you ain't the manager otherwise we would be like Chelsea Citeh etc and just buy a team in allowing the academy players to just collect dust and fester away

I planned my stag weekend around this game but we couldn't get them. Anyone got three going? Please!!!!
As you are going that way have not tried the Swansea t/o and play sitting on your hands for 2hrs, if your address doesn't fit askthe accommodation if you have planned some to get them.

To the game I reckon it will be an honest entertaining affair as Gary Monk looks like he fancies the job so he will be out to bulk up his CV.

Don't want Gallagher to start, never wins anything in the air! Awful for a 6ft 4 striker

But his off the ball movement is good and he stretches the opposition giving more space for Lambert to work in. He puts himself about. My only concern is whether he can take a few more chances that come his way. Happy to see him play the last couple,of games.

I need a ticket for the game should anyone have a spare. Pm me.

Edited by Chez

As you are going that way have not tried the Swansea t/o and play sitting on your hands for 2hrs, if your address doesn't fit askthe accommodation if you have planned some to get them.

To the game I reckon it will be an honest entertaining affair as Gary Monk looks like he fancies the job so he will be out to bulk up his CV.

They are sold out too. We have even tried corporate there and got a Welsh friend to call them as our accents got us turned away straight away!