Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

Just hope it gets done asap, we're going to need to bring in at least 8 new players, which will take time.

Slightly OTT.

We'll be promoting further players from the academy which will take the departing players spaces. Obviously there will be new transfer additions, but we won't be buying 8 new players. 2 or 3, with the rest coming up from the academy I'd have thought. (Gallagher/Reed/JWP/Targett/Hasketh) all playing a stronger role next year.

£27m for an 18yo left back is laughable?

I'm sure you can find examples of other LBs going for that sort of money.

He's the best left back in the league.

How much are the best Players in the league currently worth to their clubs?

Hart £40m

Shaw ?

Company £30m

Zabaleta £30m

Hazard £50m

Toure £40m

Suarez £70m

Aguero £65m

It'll be Targett at LB.

If we are to progress on 8th next season we will need a attacking full back that can chip in with assists and score a few goals,is Targett the man for this ?

I have never seen him play myself but he is mentioned a lot on here,is he a real prospect or is he just the next academy LB coming through ?

Slightly OTT.

We'll be promoting further players from the academy which will take the departing players spaces. Obviously there will be new transfer additions, but we won't be buying 8 new players. 2 or 3, with the rest coming up from the academy I'd have thought. (Gallagher/Reed/JWP/Targett/Hasketh) all playing a stronger role next year.

Sorry, but I disagree it's OTT. Gallagher, Reed, JWP are not the answer, we saw what happened with the Dutch experiment. Just because they've come through the academy and are on the fringe of the first team squad, it does not mean that they are good enough. If you look at the subs bench, the likes of Guly and Jos will be off and need replacing. We will need another Gk and CB regardless of player sales. Then replacements for Shaw and Lallana plus at least one new striker. That's 7 already, and the squad will probably be weaker .I think it could be a busy summer of transfer ins and outs.

It's a done deal and has been for a long while

Will probably be for slightly more than 27m but most likely just add ons after that sum which are target based and sell on profit etc

It won't be Chelsea or City either

Will probably be for slightly more than 27m but most likely just add ons after that sum which are target based and sell on profit etc

Just a minute the club said they had had no offers for anyone earlier today now your saying this has been a done deal for a long time?

You need to justify that first statement really - because I do not think thus is true tbh. I still do not think he will go but that is probably blind optimism on my part.

compete with who? top four, top six the rest of the PL. Funny how people weren't talking like this at the end of last season.

Because we were still looking to progress, we were showing ambition. This summer looks to be about stabilising and just staying as we are. That might be good enough for other people, that's fine. But I'm not going to pay the amounts of money required to go nowhere.

I would have to say we have more then competed already this season

In individual matches yes, but on the league and cup season we haven't made a single dent.

You need to justify that first statement really - because I do not think thus is true tbh. I still do not think he will go but that is probably blind optimism on my part.

I don't expect anyone to believe me and you don't have to. However, the deal has been ongoing since January. United went in for him and were told not now and respected it. Between January and today both clubs have had chats, in round about ways, to make it clear: 1 if a deal could be done and 2 in what kind of price range.

The player and his family and people have had discussions with the both clubs and made it clear that if United could agree a price that he would be happy to move.

It is why Chelsea are actively pursuing another left back, who plays for a leading Spanish side, and City won't bid, because they know he doesn't want to go there. The reasons are 'sporting' but the money will have helped too.

Of course the club will have said that no bids have been received, technically they hadn't but you must remember that United never made a 'bid' for mata.

Because we were still looking to progress, we were showing ambition. This summer looks to be about stabilising and just staying as we are. That might be good enough for other people, that's fine. But I'm not going to pay the amounts of money required to go nowhere.

In individual matches yes, but on the league and cup season we haven't made a single dent.

you're joking?

compete with who? top four, top six the rest of the PL. Funny how people weren't talking like this at the end of last season.

What about getting better and better? Beating our 56 point haul, trying to knock on the doors of 6th, having a run in the cups. Plenty we can aspire to - talk of glass ceilings is ludicrous.

We have surpassed our club record for points in a season, also the most away wins in a top flight campaign?

We have surpassed our club record for points in a season, also the most away wins in a top flight campaign?

And that's a fantastic achievement. Tell fans of other clubs about it though, and the most you'll get is an "aww, that's nice".

We're not competing in this league to break our own records, we should be competing with the other clubs.

I guess this is just the last 10 years or so of football becoming increasingly money hungry finally catching up with me.

in the long run - £27m is a bargain - the kid is exceptional.

Will be better than Bale

A good way of looking it is imagining where we are and where he is at the end of his career. That £27million will be long gone and probably will be totally irrelevant.

I don't expect anyone to believe me and you don't have to. However, the deal has been ongoing since January. United went in for him and were told not now and respected it. Between January and today both clubs have had chats, in round about ways, to make it clear: 1 if a deal could be done and 2 in what kind of price range.

The player and his family and people have had discussions with the both clubs and made it clear that if United could agree a price that he would be happy to move.

It is why Chelsea are actively pursuing another left back, who plays for a leading Spanish side, and City won't bid, because they know he doesn't want to go there. The reasons are 'sporting' but the money will have helped too.

Of course the club will have said that no bids have been received, technically they hadn't but you must remember that United never made a 'bid' for mata.

Whilst this all sounds feasible, pray tell how you happen to know all this information in such depth?

Whilst this all sounds feasible' date=' pray tell how you happen to know all this information in such depth?[/quote']

I've probably said to much already. As I say, believe it if you want but if not I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I've probably said to much already. As I say, believe it if you want but if not I'm not going to lose any sleep.

I heard something very similar from a staff member at Old Trafford at the turn of 2014 so think there could well be some truth in this