Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

Well Saints fans I have just met with Luke Shaw at Rownhams services with a under 21 player Jamal, I have written the conversation below as it was said.

Me. Luke is that you.

Luke Hi

Me. Luke how do you cope with all the media speculation.

Luke. I just ignore it all.

Me No doubt you are getting good advice, however, just listen to an old fart like me for once.

Luke Laughs

Me. Man City have just won the premiership, think though, did they win it or buy it.

Luke. They bought it.

Me Exactly, so who had the greater achievement, Saints finishing 8th with a young squad some of which out of our academy or City?

Luke. Good point.(Obviously recognized what I said made sense.)

Me. Listen I am not asking you what your intentions are, that is your business and personal and you have to do what you and your advisers think best.

Luke. Nod of approval and thanked.

Me. In addition Luke, think about the Saints players that have left because they thought the grass would be greener, Beats and Bridge as two examples, both of the careers took a dive after that and do you want to be a bench warmer?

Luke. That is true.

Me. No doubt you drive a nice car and you can probably park it wherever you like, you won't be able to do that in Manchester, you will be buying wheels every other week.

Luke. Laughs.

Me. Please think long and hard about what Southampton are trying to achieve before you make a call, you can play a huge part in that, or you can be a small fish in a big pond.

Luke. That's true.

Me. If you were my son I would tell you to stay at Saints a bit longer, lets face it you are only eighteen, if you stayed till you were 25 you could probably demand even bigger bucks. ( Me thinking that must sound like an eternity to a 18 year old)

Luke. Just smiled.

Me. (They needed to get away) Just to say Luke, many congratulations on making it into the world cup squad, and what ever you decide all the very best, just stay with Saints.

Luke smiled.

Me. Finally, no doubt you watch football pundits say on T.V., just do one thing for me, Ignore Robbie Savage.

Luke. Why

Me. Because the guy is a Pratt and should be ignored.

Luke. Laughs again.

Said our goodbyes, could I have changed his mind, I doubt that very much, all I did was make the most of an opportunity to get my five eggs in, only time will tell.

Sounds like he couldn't wait to get away from you! ;) Nice try though

NO, it was jovial, had you been there you would have seen that it was just that.

I'm sure it'll be jovial with the other 20 or so people who say the same stuff to him every day. It's common courtesy to leave them alone, as without sounding rude they probably don't want to talk to a load of complete strangers.

**WARNING MATES DADS CLEANERS DOGS RUMOUR**

My sister just text me, they have an intern at work and apparently he's looking at properties in Manchester.

The intern is looking at houses in Manchester? ;-) This is more complicated than I first thought.

Well Saints fans I have just met with Luke Shaw at Rownhams services with a under 21 player Jamal, I have written the conversation below as it was said.

Me. Luke is that you.

Luke Hi

Me No doubt you are getting good advice, however, just listen to an old fart like me for once.

Luke Laughs

Me. Man City have just won the premiership, think though, did they win it or buy it.

Luke. They bought it.

Me Exactly, so who had the greater achievement, Saints finishing 8th with a young squad some of which out of our academy or City?

Me. Listen I am not asking you what your intentions are, that is your business and personal and you have to do what you and your advisers think best.

Me. In addition Luke, think about the Saints players that have left because they thought the grass would be greener, Beats and Bridge as two examples, both of the careers took a dive after that and do you want to be a bench warmer?

Luke. That is true.

Me. No doubt you drive a nice car and you can probably park it wherever you like, you won't be able to do that in Manchester, you will be buying wheels every other week.

Luke. Laughs.

Me. Please think long and hard about what Southampton are trying to achieve before you make a call, you can play a huge part in that, or you can be a small fish in a big pond.

Luke. That's true.

Me. If you were my son I would tell you to stay at Saints a bit longer, lets face it you are only eighteen, if you stayed till you were 25 you could probably demand even bigger bucks. ( Me thinking that must sound like an eternity to a 18 year old)

Luke. Just smiled.

Me. (They needed to get away) Just to say Luke, many congratulations on making it into the world cup squad, and what ever you decide all the very best, just stay with Saints.

Luke smiled.

Me. Finally, no doubt you watch football pundits say on T.V., just do one thing for me, Ignore Robbie Savage.

Luke. Why

Luke. Laughs again.

Said our goodbyes, could I have changed his mind, I doubt that very much, all I did was make the most of an opportunity to get my five eggs in, only time will tell.

You used 'small fish big pond' didn't you :imcinnes:

Edited by Wrensup

If Diego Costa is worth £35m then Lallana has to be worth at least £40m and Shaw probably £50M. You are talking about the future England captain and a player most agree has the potential to develop into the best left back English football has ever seen. The sums being bandied about for Lallana and Shaw are currently an insult.

Me. Luke is that you.

Luke Hi

Luke Laughs

Luke. They bought it.

Luke. That is true.

Luke. Laughs.

Luke. That's true.

Luke. Just smiled.

Luke smiled.

Luke. Why

Luke. Laughs again.

I guess on of the plus points of being a small fish in a big pond would be not being stopped and talked bol*ocks at by random lunatics in service stations.

LOL at the SWF nut jobs wetting themselves because someone spoke to a footballer.

They are doing really well these past few days. I have actually enjoyed sifting through all the various theories and suppositions. We should be trying to encourage their rehabilitation.

Keep up the good work chaps.

Why would an intern of SFC be looking at houses in Manchester for Shaw, surely their work should be for the benefit of SFC not United? In any case I'm sure I read in Fergie's book that United (and every club for that matter) have a whole group of people employed to helping new signings settle in, accommodation included.

I guess on of the plus points of being a small fish in a big pond would be not being stopped and talked bol*ocks at by random lunatics in service stations.

Had he thought what you are suggesting the chat would not have gone on as long as it did, they are elements I have left out because the post would have gone on too long, but both him and Jamal asked questions as well, which I cannot be bothered to mention on here, all I did was give him my view and if he does decide to stay (which I doubt) and gives similar reasons to what I said, you would all be praising him, you were not there and your thoughts are pure guess work, nothing else.

Don;t worry Martel, we are just having a laugh. If turks would have met him, he would have only thrown bottles at him from a distance and waved his arms about or something. I am sure he is really happy to have bumped into you at a service station as any 18 year old boy would.

Had he thought what you are suggesting the chat would not have gone on as long as it did, they are elements I have left out because the post would have gone on too long, but both him and Jamal asked questions as well, which I cannot be bothered to mention on here, all I did was give him my view and if he does decide to stay (which I doubt) and gives similar reasons to what I said, you would all be praising him, you were not there and your thoughts are pure guess work, nothing else.

Okay. So the conversation was different to your transcript, which seemed to be you talking a lot and Shaw smiling and nodding and not saying much at all. Fair enough.

Me. Luke is that you.

Luke Hi

Luke Laughs

Luke. They bought it.

Luke. That is true.

Luke. Laughs.

Luke. That's true.

Luke. Just smiled.

Luke smiled.

Luke. Why

Luke. Laughs again.

Cool story. If you had held his arm in a death grip until he signed a napkin in your blood promising not to leave, or wet yourself for attention you could have earned even more stalker points.

Okay. So the conversation was different to your transcript, which seemed to be you talking a lot and Shaw smiling and nodding and not saying much at all. Fair enough.

less time posting on here, more time releasing minors pls turkish.

Retweeted by 90th Min

Man Utd Update ‏@MufcDevilUpdate 16m

According to reports Louis van Gaal and Luke Shaw are now ManUtd manager and player!. It will be announced, during this or next week. #MUFC

from Manchester

He will probably go, but this and the stuff like it is absolute tosh.

When Van Gaal is announced this kid will be claiming he has inside info.

Tbh I don't know why people take any notice of these kind of accounts.

Shaw has been going to Man Utd for a few weeks now so its obviously not as much of a done deal as the "reports" suggest.

I know for a fact that he has moved out (for good) from the digs he was staying in (a family in Dibden Purlieu).

The family were very upset to see him go.

That could be because he is now 18 and will move into his own flat OR he is moving away all together.

Saints need to be very strong and wait till after the world cup.

If they have a crap WC, they will still hold their current value. Should they excel, we have the right to hold clubs to ransom.

The boys will get their moves eventually and hopefully respect the reality of it all.

I refuse to believe we would be dumb enough to sell him before the World Cup.

Sadly I think we just might be... And we will go from 3 players in the England Team to one, despite Luke and Adam not having played for their new clubs... Real shame.. Not least their value increasing.. Our board will deny stupidity by claiming it gives us more time to find the right replacements... And then sign nobody before the World Cup.

I am so desperate to be wrong, laughed at and will be more than happy to have the **** taken out of me as some bed wetting paranoid arse if so....

come on KL and Krueger, show us that you know about this business and how to really do what is best for SFC.

Too right Man U are desperate! After all, lots of their usual targets will not be interested now they are not in Europe and need total rebuilding - they haven't got one decent defender left at the club! The least we can do is drag it out as long as possible.

Find it most entertaining that a club without a manager are trying to sign players.

Jeez could you imagine the uproar on here if MP left & Les was wandering around signing players left right and centre.

Yep, especially as we need a new striker in addition to a left, right and centre.... (Sorry, very poor from me there....)

Find it most entertaining that a club without a manager are trying to sign players.

Jeez could you imagine the uproar on here if MP left & Les was wandering around signing players left right and centre.

that is how it works these days, transfer committees etc. Who is to say that they are not speaking to Van Gaal about it anyway