Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

I wouldn't accept less than £30mill, tell the manc ****s to shove it up their ass.

Would love it if that's how he convo went :)

"27 mil? Shove it up your ar$3 you manc c\/nt"

"How about 30 mil"

"Done"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I don't expect anyone to believe me and you don't have to. However, the deal has been ongoing since January. United went in for him and were told not now and respected it. Between January and today both clubs have had chats, in round about ways, to make it clear: 1 if a deal could be done and 2 in what kind of price range.

The player and his family and people have had discussions with the both clubs and made it clear that if United could agree a price that he would be happy to move.

It is why Chelsea are actively pursuing another left back, who plays for a leading Spanish side, and City won't bid, because they know he doesn't want to go there. The reasons are 'sporting' but the money will have helped too.

Of course the club will have said that no bids have been received, technically they hadn't but you must remember that United never made a 'bid' for mata.

This might be why the Guardian ran with that story about how "convinced" Man U were that they had him a few weeks ago.

Of course the mighty brains of the forum wrote that off as completely made up rubbish from lying scumbag journos.

He obviously won't be going to Utd for CL footie next season, so could happily stay at Saints, get more experience and move next season if Utd get to CL. And maybe he doesn't want to go there. As is always mentioned, Chelsea is the club he likes. Cole's ankles are packing (or have packed) up. I find it tiresome that just because a club the stature of those wanting our players have put a bid in, that they think that they have the player in the bag.

All I wish is for whatever is going to be done (confirmed anyone is going or staying) very quickly as I can't stand reading all the bull's hit in the papers.

Could probably pick Bertrand up for £5-8 mill,he is a player more than capable of filling in that LB role

It's seems inevitable Shaw is going to be sold at some point,I don't think it will be that big a loss as there seems to be plenty of decent full backs about we could pick up for a fraction of the price,AL will be the real loss if sold

This might be why the Guardian ran with that story about how "convinced" Man U were that they had him a few weeks ago.

Of course the mighty brains of the forum wrote that off as completely made up rubbish from lying scumbag journos.

More full-of-s**t hyperbole - Jamie Jackson called it.

Shock horror - more people than not are willing to accept bad news when a well-respected, well-sourced journo is behind a story.

Cole has announced international retirement

Does this add ££ to Shaws value now he is a dead cert for the WC

Haven't seen this reported but if true it probably means that the Hodgson's people have told the non-selected players that their names won't be on the WC squad list. If that is the case, Cole would be no more retiring than any other player dropped from the team.

Hanson is retiring for a reason.

We don't have to sell anyone. The question is do we sell Shaw and then buy 2-3 more players to strengthen?

Or do the owners offer to sell the club to kick on with a big injection of cash?

We have never been in as good a position to kick on to European places in 1-2 years. AMBITION.

DO WE HAVE AMBITION? Or do we settle for mid table? We can be a great club, or we can be a Newcastle.

Here are some facts.

1. Luke Shaw is 18 and lives down the road from me in East Molesey.

2. Manchester United have no manager.

you've gone all weird again.....remember when you had to change your user name

I don't expect anyone to believe me and you don't have to. However, the deal has been ongoing since January. United went in for him and were told not now and respected it. Between January and today both clubs have had chats, in round about ways, to make it clear: 1 if a deal could be done and 2 in what kind of price range.

The player and his family and people have had discussions with the both clubs and made it clear that if United could agree a price that he would be happy to move.

It is why Chelsea are actively pursuing another left back, who plays for a leading Spanish side, and City won't bid, because they know he doesn't want to go there. The reasons are 'sporting' but the money will have helped too.

Of course the club will have said that no bids have been received, technically they hadn't but you must remember that United never made a 'bid' for mata.

Good story but you're right, I don't believe you.

The club didn't only say they had no bids they also said they had no enquiries.

The, lights are on and fully functional.... Not for long though as it's work tomorrow, the wines almost gone and MoTD has almost finished.

If Shaw goes then so be it, but I find it hard to believe that a club will bid for a player before the new manager has even arrived... or has he already assessed his existing players and all potential replacement left backs (in between his day job) and decided, the minute that the old season has finished that Luke is the man even though he hasn't yet been officially appointed as the new manager.

I clearly might be proved wrong eventually but if Luke Shaw goes to Man U for £27m before the World Cup I'll happily concede that I was wrong.

The, lights are on and fully functional.... Not for long though as it's work tomorrow, the wines almost gone and MoTD has almost finished.

If Shaw goes then so be it, but I find it hard to believe that a club will bid for a player before the new manager has even arrived... or has he already assessed his existing players and all potential replacement left backs (in between his day job) and decided, the minute that the old season has finished that Luke is the man even though he hasn't yet been officially appointed as the new manager.

I clearly might be proved wrong eventually but if Luke Shaw goes to Man U for £27m before the World Cup I'll happily concede that I was wrong.

Why is United's priority a left back? Has that been their Achilles Heel this season? So much so that they have to buy the best young left-back in the world? Even before they're going to have to replace Van Persie?? Perhaps they plan for Luke to play up front?

United are in trouble. RVP wants away and they'll struggle to attract big names this summer with no offer of CL football.

He may well go there and for £27m, but as their first priority, before they even have a manager? Sure...

Hanson is retiring for a reason.

We don't have to sell anyone. The question is do we sell Shaw and then buy 2-3 more players to strengthen?

Or do the owners offer to sell the club to kick on with a big injection of cash?

We have never been in as good a position to kick on to European places in 1-2 years. AMBITION.

DO WE HAVE AMBITION? Or do we settle for mid table? We can be a great club, or we can be a Newcastle.

His silly comment just goes to show how clueless the 'pundits' are when talking about any club outside of the usual suspects. I hope that what we see next season is rapid progression, rather than the expected capitulation!...

I'm not sure where you've heard this but it's not consistent with very recent information I've heard from a very reliable source close to the club that he's very likely to stay this summer and that when he goes it will be to Chelsea. Things can change but the links to Chelsea are stronger than just being a fan.

I knew this was going to be a long, hard summer for Saints fans but I wasn't expecting a bid for one of our players on the day the season finished.

I don't buy newspapers but most of the media guff is online anyway. Tricky to avoid.

As for Shaw, Lallana et al, the club should reject everything until after the WC, especially as Pochettino's future is still uncertain...

Shaw moving is a big loss but bound to happen, he's 18 and v/talented (shame its man u tho, hate em). We should command a higher price though. Just hope Lallana dosen't go as he is harder to replace. We need to buy a few new players, would like to see Marshall bought and a striker or two , Connor Wickham, maybe Jorden Rhodes or McCormack ???

Simply want us to keep our best players. I hate the fact that on the eve of us breaking into the top tier of English Prem football, we are plundered by a team just one place higher than us. It will leave a very nasty taste and will do nothing to advance supporters faith in the new Board.

He's just bought a flat down here yesterday.... That's not to say he won't go... But was obviously looking at staying if he's buying somewhere to live!

Maybe he is taking his first step in building up a property portfolio for when he retires ?

Saints shouldn't sell anyone before England get knocked out of the WC, possibly sign agreements

to sell after the WC ? Having players on show worldwide will do wonders for building the

international commercial awareness in Saints that the club say they want. It would also

remind other players that Saints are a better club to sign for than perhaps they thought.

No we shouldn't - he is worth more to us as a player. Besides his price is only going to rise.

No he's not. Really, he's not. He's not integral to the way we play, he doesn't score, he doesn't assist. He could break his leg in pre-season. 27m for a LB is.stupid.money and if we're going to reinvest it then it is worth taking the money.

No he's not. Really, he's not. He's not integral to the way we play, he doesn't score, he doesn't assist. He could break his leg in pre-season. 27m for a LB is.stupid.money and if we're going to reinvest it then it is worth taking the money.

how mant times have i read this statement over the years in one form or another when our best player is about to be sold?

Simply want us to keep our best players. I hate the fact that on the eve of us breaking into the top tier of English Prem football, we are plundered by a team just one place higher than us. It will leave a very nasty taste and will do nothing to advance supporters faith in the new Board.

Yet we would be in exactly the same position with the old board...why people think NC was magically able to stop this situation happening is beyond me. He was happy to flog Lambert to WHU and he couldn't stop Oxo going to Arsenal why would he be able to stop Luke or Adam leaving now?