Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

Have I got this wrong but do not contracts run until 30th June? And isn't the transfer window closed until 1st July? If this is correct no player can move before the World Cup?

Wikipedia says: "In England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played."

Have I got this wrong but do not contracts run until 30th June? And isn't the transfer window closed until 1st July? If this is correct no player can move before the World Cup?

The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the

Season and shall end on 31st August next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Day

thereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board.

The PL has it's own rules, don't know how they get on with the FA over registrations though.

If all the England lot are going to Portugal to start the training camp this weekend, surely nobody's going to be signing before the World Cup? Unless they're signing contracts in the England camp?

If all the England lot are going to Portugal to start the training camp this weekend, surely nobody's going to be signing before the World Cup? Unless they're signing contracts in the England camp?

I think Mr Hodgson was quoted a few days ago as saying that he wouldn't prevent signings being completed (medicals etc) whilst players were away on England duty.

I think Mr Hodgson was quoted a few days ago as saying that he wouldn't prevent signings being completed (medicals etc) whilst players were away on England duty.

Well then he's a softy, Deschamps doesn't even tolerate phone calls to agents.Considers it as not being totally involved in the "vie de group"..ask Samir Nasri..

No Just weeks of Adam and Luke being tapped up by Liverpool and Man U players...........

Sorry for the delay Viking Warrior, I have been away from my P.C. for a couple of days, however, I did have a brief chat with Jamal, he informed me that he is hoping and waiting for a new contract, seemed a little anxious about it and said that if it was not forthcoming he would have to look for a new club, have to say I felt a little sorry for the lad, he has probably given his all and if they do not renew he will feel gutted I am sure; again sorry for the dealy in getting back to you.

Sorry for the delay Viking Warrior, I have been away from my P.C. for a couple of days, however, I did have a brief chat with Jamal, he informed me that he is hoping and waiting for a new contract, seemed a little anxious about it and said that if it was not forthcoming he would have to look for a new club, have to say I felt a little sorry for the lad, he has probably given his all and if they do not renew he will feel gutted I am sure; again sorry for the dealy in getting back to you.

In fact I think we might expect a major clear-out from the DS this summer, all those who's contracts have come to an end.

Far too many not making the step up.

Don't rate him much then?

Think he is trying to infer those two are quite **** compared to Luke so why would he want to be working with a couple of liabilities that will make him look bad when he could be working with Lovren and Fonte. Of course I could be wrong it is occasionally heard of ;)

Think he is trying to infer those two are quite **** compared to Luke so why would he want to be working with a couple of liabilities that will make him look bad when he could be working with Lovren and Fonte. Of course I could be wrong it is occasionally heard of ;)

It's Manchester United who have mega cash to spend

He might be in the same side as hummels, kroos, robben, rvp, mata, Rooney etc next season

It's Manchester United who have mega cash to spend

He might be in the same side as hummels, kroos, robben, rvp, mata, Rooney etc next season

This is of course very true and I'm sure it was meant as a joke. ;)

heres another example;

I met a fairy today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever," I said.

"Sorry," said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."

"Fine," I said, "I want to die when Portsmouth win the premier league."

"You crafty cu_nt!" said the fairy.

On twitter to hey are saying that MUTV reporter Jonathon Northcroft is saying that Shaw wants the move and it's close to being completed. Either we have given permission or they have tapped him up. Not a subscriber to MUTV so no idea if this is true.

Shaw i feel will be staying until Chelsea come in for him, why leave just to play for a big club, top 4 will be a strugle again this season as they need 4-5 good players and LB is not a major area they need improving in, Erva has been fine this season, there lack of quality has been at CB CM X 2 and the inconsistent play of the RB fill ins and Wide players.

Anyone with a decent footballing brain at UTD, should look at CB and CM 1st then go from there, now finical fair play would then mean after spending 30-35 mill on them postions they would not be able to spend 30 mill on Shaw.

Shaw i feel will be staying until Chelsea come in for him, why leave just to play for a big club, top 4 will be a strugle again this season as they need 4-5 good players and LB is not a major area they need improving in, Erva has been fine this season, there lack of quality has been at CB CM X 2 and the inconsistent play of the RB fill ins and Wide players.

Anyone with a decent footballing brain at UTD, should look at CB and CM 1st then go from there, now finical fair play would then mean after spending 30-35 mill on them postions they would not be able to spend 30 mill on Shaw.

Justly Evra is out of contract at the end of June, no doubt he has an offer to stay on but it's strongly rumoured that he'll listen to the sirenes at Monaco who are in the CL whereas MU aren't. Utd are desperate for a LB but probably won't pay

what we're asking for Shaw.

This seems to be the source of the latest rumour

Transfer Related ‏@TransferRelated 3h

BREAKING: I'm told Manchester Utd agree fee with Southampton & agree personal terms with Luke Shaw. Deal to be announced before World Cup.

This seems to be the source of the latest rumour

Transfer Related ‏@TransferRelated 3h

BREAKING: I'm told Manchester Utd agree fee with Southampton & agree personal terms with Luke Shaw. Deal to be announced before World Cup.

lol. that's that then.

I'm not going to reveal my source, but this is 99.9% done. United & Shaw have met, he's met Van Gaal already, it's done minus a few formal checks and agreements. Can't confirm whether it's going to be announced pre or post World Cup though.

It's been agreed £10 million per season for 3 years though.

Most teams that pay huge amounts for a player, don't pay it fully initially.

I'm not going to reveal my source, but this is 99.9% done. United & Shaw have met, he's met Van Gaal already, it's done minus a few formal checks and agreements. Can't confirm whether it's going to be announced pre or post World Cup though.

What? Does he have to bring a utility bill no more than three months old?

So Luke went to Holland last week did he?

you know full well, no one ever does that.

I'd demand a hell of a lot more than £10m up front.....I know transfers aren't paid in full, but £10m a year for 3 years is ****. By the time we've got the full £30m we could well be playing in the NPC, and that money would then be used to cover debts.

I'd demand a hell of a lot more than £10m up front.....I know transfers aren't paid in full, but £10m a year for 3 years is ****. By the time we've got the full £30m we could well be playing in the NPC, and that money would then be used to cover debts.

Or we structure any transfer deals we plan to make in exactly the same way