Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

Irony is that is we keep MP, Shaw, Lallana, Schneiderlin and Lovren and add 3-4 players we would really challenge for top 6.

All these players have long term deals so it really rests on whether KL wants to push on or consolidate.

Rest assured chalet, whatever they decide will be in the best interests of Southampton.

The media really are looking a bit silly at the moment aren't they.

Indeed they are. They didn't bank on coming up against the steely determination of our new board and the loyalty players are showing to it. You've only got to look at Lovrens comments to see the desire of the of the players. They know whatever happens will be for the best interests for the club.

Not sure it's been mentioned but Evra has signed a contract extension at Utd which may mean interest in Shaw ending

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Depends on if you reads he star which says if doesn't end their pursuit of Shaw and still sure a deal will happen.

Of if you read the star, which says that poch signing a new deal and Evra extending means the deal is in serious jeopardy now.

The media really are looking a bit silly at the moment aren't they.

The Star made a nigh on full page article out of NC saying MP and the players should stay, but it is all about career and they should leave if they need to. Both arse cheeks covered. In truth there was probably more written in the side articles than the main story which was mostly Photo of Poch.

As I said a few weeks ago it's very likely that he'll stay this window and that when he goes it'll be to Chelsea, nowhere else. Lallana is different, it was expected that he'd go this window, or next at the latest.

Depends on if you reads he star which says if doesn't end their pursuit of Shaw and still sure a deal will happen.

Of if you read the star, which says that poch signing a new deal and Evra extending means the deal is in serious jeopardy now.

:toppa:

Just backing the people entrusted to run this fantastic football club clarky. They've not let us down so far and have earnt my trust.

I think we have Cortese to thank. If he hadn't spoken out to the BBC Adam and Luke would have signed for Liverpool and United by now. Well done Nicola!

Just backing the people entrusted to run this fantastic football club clarky. They've not let us down so far and have earnt my trust.

so far they have signed up omar rowe and sacked dodd+willo.

have I missed anything?

so far they have signed up omar rowe and sacked dodd+willo.

have I missed anything?

This is actually a very salient point. For all those saying nothing has happened... Erm.. Well actually yes stuff has happened and on the face of it not all of it is positive.

That's right. He must've unfavourited it.

WTF is he doing?

Is Luke Shaw a bit thick?

I ask because whilst he has is a class player, he keeps making the same mistakes again and again. Not on the pitch but on Social Media.

Although he's part of Generation Me, everything out there etc., you think he would have learnt that his Twitter actions have ramifications. Adkins, Dodd, liking a comment about joining Manu, now this. All things he has done and subsequently undone.

Everyone makes mistakes but you have to learn from them.

My recommendation Luke is to stay at St Mary's for a couple more years until you've nailed this Social Media malarky.

Favouriting a tweet is not a mistake. It's a sad state of affairs when someone can't do something like that without it being considered a mistake.

or its it's a sad state of affairs that we now seem to have a culture where everyone seems desperate to comment on everything in public .... Oh... ;-)

Just had a call to say the deal for him to go to Utd is done.

A little surprised as it was widely expected that he'd go to Chelsea to replace Cole. Apparently he was more impressed with the set up at Utd.

Call from who? Did this person, presumably from within the Saints or ManU set up, call you specifically to let you break the news?

Just had a call to say the deal for him to go to Utd is done.

A little surprised as it was widely expected that he'd go to Chelsea to replace Cole. Apparently he was more impressed with the set up at Utd.

"20-05-2014, 02:36 PM #496 Cestrian Saint

As I said last week, he's going to Chelski."

Got a good source have you?

don't know if this has been mentioned before but saw this at red cafe:

(sorry, have no idea how to embed tweets on this forum)

basically, skybet have suspended all bets on shaw as they seem to know of an 'agreement in principle'. did not want to comment when pressed on the club he has this agreement with.

bull****? or is the transfer imminent? maybe the agreement is with saints to stay on even. who knows :?

basically, skybet have suspended all bets on shaw as they seem to know of an 'agreement in principle'. did not want to comment when pressed on the club he has this agreement with.

bull****? or is the transfer imminent? maybe the agreement is with saints to stay on even. who knows :?

That's probably the strongest indicator so far in my opinion. If they thought he was agreeing to stay with Saints they would have pushed the MU odds out and carried on taking bets (there was no market on him staying at Saints).

Same happened with the Strootman to Utd market last year.