Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

The rumour doing the Twittersphere is that we are after Neil Taylor as a replacement.

Not a good start. Replacing your star left back with a Swansea squad player, as that's all he is. Never really recovered from his injuries.

This is too much to take at the moment.........

Really, if the authorities dont look at the total evisceration of our squad this summer as evidence that something is seriously wrong in the game, then all notion of this being a "sport" has finally gone.........

Really, if the authorities dont look at the total evisceration of our squad this summer as evidence that something is seriously wrong in the game, then all notion of this being a "sport" has finally gone.........

Also, having Lambert, Lallana and Shaw sat on their arse warming the bench at some big club is not exactly going to help the national team.

Something seriously malignant in the England set-up. Players not caring a jot about preparing for the World Cup & trying to force moves beforehand. I'd be very happy if club dug in and blocked move for at least one of them. Soon learn if they have any professionalism.

Something seriously malignant in the England set-up. Players not caring a jot about preparing for the World Cup & trying to force moves beforehand. I'd be very happy if club dug in and blocked move for at least one of them. Soon learn if they have any professionalism.

Yeah, pretty sure there's a lot of whispering and ''advice'' being given by the Utd and L'pool lads, in fact I'm utterly certain of it.

Yes. Shouldnt they actually be preparing for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to represent their country to the best of their ability in the home of samba football with all its glamour, rather than chucking their toys out of their pram ?

I bet we all feel stupid for feeling pleased about their breakthrough into the England team now...

And why on earth would they care? They think that this the best league in the world, which contains 30% English players, and they sell it perfectly well around the world. The big clubs don't care as they have their fan base and income sorted and are now nicely established with the FFP rules protecting them from anyone else challenging them. PL personifies the club vs country argument. The PL couldn't give a monkey's about the national side - they don't make any money from it. And let's take the Far East. Do they want to see Southampton vs Stoke, Villa, Hull, Swansea, Cardiff, West ham, Newcastle, Fulham, etc etc or Liverpool vs Man City, ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal?

And why on earth would they care? They think that this the best league in the world, which contains 30% English players, and they sell it perfectly well around the world. The big clubs don't care as they have their fan base and income sorted and are now nicely established with the FFP rules protecting them from anyone else challenging them. PL personifies the club vs country argument. The PL couldn't give a monkey's about the national side - they don't make any money from it. And let's take the Far East. Do they want to see Southampton vs Stoke, Villa, Hull, Swansea, Cardiff, West ham, Newcastle, Fulham, etc etc or Liverpool vs Man City, ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal?

Right, so the notion of this being a "sport" has finally gone then.

There is simply too much money involved.

"From Saints’ point of view, the obvious downside to retaining the two players for now is that, should they be sold later this summer, as seems increasingly likely, it would reduce the time the club has to buy replacements, which could impact on their own pre-season preparations."

Don't see how this is true as if they are "done deals" like people say, we could have some all ready to go straight after the World Cup or whenever the new manager decides. Maybe we'll get the pick of the Dutch squad!

What really worries me is not that players leave, it's whether the Board is in a fit enough state to buy decent replacements and spend the money wisely.

That I do worry about.

I'm more worried that so many players want out to be honest. There seems to be a certain mutiny within the camp being lead by a certain Lallana, can be sure a few more will follow.

I'd say I'd love to know what the club have said to cause this, but then it's probably obvious that half of the problem is that they've said nothing of any note to reassure anyone.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say the last week and what is likely to come in the next few days has seriously soured my mood for the world cup.

I was so excited to watch 3 Saints players in Brazil with the world knowing who they played for, but now? It's a serious possibility that we may actually not have ANY Saints players at the competition.

Such a shame...

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say the last week and what is likely to come in the next few days has seriously soured my mood for the world cup.

I was so excited to watch 3 Saints players in Brazil with the world knowing who they played for, but now? It's a serious possibility that we may actually not have ANY Saints players at the competition.

Such a shame...

Yeah, world cup is ruined for me. Utterly no enjoyment seeing any England match now. All we'll hear is ''Liverpool's new signing'' ''Liverpool's next target'' ''Man Utd's next signing''. Will be unbearable and it has totally ruined what was supposed to be a summer in a lifetime for saints fans. Up the ****ter well and truly.

Sadly, I think you are right. Money talks and the Premier League have huge financial clout and therefore power. What are the chances of a European or even a World Super League happening soon with the World Cup and other tournaments being reduced to a late night niche on Eurosport? Looks like FIFA aren't doing themselves any favours with the breaking Qatar bribery stuff and would you trust Michel Platini to run anything bigger than a car boot sale stall?

Right, so the notion of this being a "sport" has finally gone then.

There is simply too much money involved.

Yup - started going in 1992 and didn't take too long for it to completely go. Has being getting progressively worse and has got to a point where I am continually tossing up with the idea of giving up the "sport" for good.

I'd say I'd love to know what the club have said to cause this, but then it's probably obvious that half of the problem is that they've said nothing of any note to reassure anyone.

I think it's more to do with talk of £100k+ wages on offer from "big" clubs rather than anything our board have or haven't said. Until we can offer such salaries this will continue to happen.

Yeah, world cup is ruined for me. Utterly no enjoyment seeing any England match now. All we'll hear is ''Liverpool's new signing'' ''Liverpool's next target'' ''Man Utd's next signing''. Will be unbearable and it has totally ruined what was supposed to be a summer in a lifetime for saints fans. Up the ****ter well and truly.

Still excited for World Cup. World Cup is far more than just England. A lot of my respect for adam has gone with his spoilt child impersonation(via press) but still love watching him as a player. Also it does still matter to me that him and Luke are saints players as of this moment, not least just for club's publicity sake.

I am still looking forward to seeing how RL performs, regardless of signing for Liverpool. His approach to the game is the correct one and one that should be held up as how things can work out. Water off a duck's back to the prima donnas....

Such a shame...

You're not alone. Though trying to look at it in that RL hasn't kicked a ball for Liverpool so is still a Saints player.

Not working though.

Edited by cellone

Such a shame...

Totally agree

I thought we'd at least have Ricky :(

Shaw and Lallana can't really leave before the WC now, this is just the fall out from the club's stance of not making any decisions at this time. Shaw and Lallana just need to get their heads down, I'm not sure why there is an urgency to leave

Such a shame...

Ramirez, Lovren and Yoshida have left?

Hardly the same. Plus we all expect Ramirez to go (nothing to do with the meltdown) and both Lovren and Yoshida could go for different reasons.

I certainly don't. When the hell did this become more likely than the usual Italian bolloks we get every transfer window.

Yep. No tweets, no leaks, no hissy fits.

Not the same pressure to get the move done. Shaw knows that he will move to a big club sooner or later and has plenty of years ahead of him. This might be Lallana's only chance to play in the Champions League and, if Liverpool are serious about moving on if it's not concluded quickly, time is of the essence for him. Adam may reasonably feel he's paid his dues at the club as well, when Luke obviously hasn't had time to.

Luke may want to go but not like Adam does, and I can understand that.

Edited by DuncanRG