Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

I don't think that suits Shaw either - if he wants to play in the Champion's League, why would he sign there and come back on loan?

If he wants Champion's League he wouldn't sign for them at all - at least, not this summer. They haven't even qualified for Europa League FFS!

Why is that a good idea for Saints? Saints have Shaw under contract until 2018 and no financial need to sell him, they could keep him and his value will rise by the time summer 2015 comes and he'd still have 3 years left on his contract.

If you look back through my posting history you will see that I have always thought both Luke and Adam will start next season in Saints shirts.

However, whilst I agree it is most likely that Luke's value will increase there remains the possibility that it will dip. What if he gets a serious injury early in the season? (For example.)

Yes, I would love us to keep him. I would also love us to resign Walcott and Bale! That said, if there was an offer of 30m up front and to keep Luke for one more season, I could see how the board would be tempted. That's all I'm saying!!

I couldn't give a toss about LS he has an ability but I really don't think he is as good as bale . He may turn out to be as good as him. But it's still very early days . I think he should stay with us till he's 21 . If he goes to United now I have an inkling he will end up in lge 1 or 2

wtf

I couldn't give a toss about LS he has an ability but I really don't think he is as good as bale . He may turn out to be as good as him. But it's still very early days . I think he should stay with us till he's 21 . If he goes to United now I have an inkling he will end up in lge 1 or 2

You could well be right - in about 16 years time................

Err because they have not qualified for the CL next season?

How does signing for a club not in the Champions League, then being loaned to another club who isn't in the Champions League satisfy his need to play in the Champions League?

How does signing for a club not in the Champions League, then being loaned to another club who isn't in the Champions League satisfy his need to play in the Champions League?

It's a long game

Is suspect in the next 3 years united will win a trophy and be in the champions league

We will be miles from both

Edited by Batman

It's a long game

Is suspect in the next 3 years united will win a trophy and be in the champions league

We will be miles from both

It's a risk. If he wants champions league football then you don't go to Utd, and you definitely don't get loaned back to Saints.

Which trophy do you think Utd will win? At the moment that are a few teams aheads of them that are going to be trying do the same, and I don't see them winning the league. So maybe a cup. We might win a cup. Don't get me wrong he's got more chance of silverware at utd, I just don't see them as the go to club if you want to win things anymore.

It's a risk. If he wants champions league football then you don't go to Utd, and you definitely don't get loaned back to Saints.

Which trophy do you think Utd will win? At the moment that are a few teams aheads of them that are going to be trying do the same, and I don't see them winning the league. So maybe a cup. We might win a cup. Don't get me wrong he's got more chance of silverware at utd, I just don't see them as the go to club if you want to win things anymore.

I would suggest if you want champion league football you do go to united. As can't see city coming in for him and Chelsea appear not to be coming in for him

They were champions just over a year ago and now have a proper manager with a decent squad and some serious money to spend. I suspect they will make top 4 at least next season.

I bet united win a trophy in the next 3 seasons. Throw in they are one of the biggest sport clubs of any variety on the planet and would probably command £100k a week

There are so many reasons to go to united with very few to stay at saints

Edited by Batman

If I were Koeman I would cash in - £30m for Shaw is good.

Gutted to see him leave but if it gives the club leverage to keep Lovren and Lallana then that works for me.

Whats more (and I accept I am ignoring his potential and he is young) but there are frankly better left backs out there we could secure for £8-10m.

If I were Koeman I would cash in - £30m for Shaw is good.

Gutted to see him leave but if it gives the club leverage to keep Lovren and Lallana then that works for me.

Whats more (and I accept I am ignoring his potential and he is young) but there are frankly better left backs out there we could secure for £8-10m.

People keep saying this, but fail to mention names. Who would they be? Given that they'd need to have played PL football, are attacking in nature and have played internationally.

People said exactly the same after we let Bale go, and Oxo. The simple fact is that we will not be able to replace him with anyone near his level.

I would suggest if you want champion league football you do go to united. As can't see city coming in for him and Chelsea appear not to be coming in for him

They were champions just over a year ago and now have a proper manager with a decent squad and some serious money to spend. I suspect they will make top 4 at least next season.

I bet united win a trophy in the next 3 seasons. Throw in they are one of the biggest sport clubs of any variety on the planet and would probably command £100k a week

There are so many reasons to go to united with very few to stay at saints

This.

Liverpool had a great advantage in the PL last season; they weren't playing in the CL.

This coming season will be the same for United. I really cannot see them failing to finish in the top four again. Especially with LVG as manager.

Today's Sun story of Luke looking for a threesome just might change the equation. Maybe he shrugs it off with a laugh, but if he has strong relationship with his family, they might encourage him to stay a little at home a bit longer. OR he might feel a little shamefaced and decide a new start is definitely what's needed. A good time for saints fans to reach out to him and tell him we still love him!

Today's Sun story of Luke looking for a threesome just might change the equation. Maybe he shrugs it off with a laugh, but if he has strong relationship with his family, they might encourage him to stay a little at home a bit longer. OR he might feel a little shamefaced and decide a new start is definitely what's needed. A good time for saints fans to reach out to him and tell him we still love him!

Or reach out and tell him to stop being such a bellend.

fair point newyorksaint

good time for saints fans to reach out to him and tell him we still love him!

reach out to him but Im not getting into a threesome with him

TBH Mr Viking, I don't reckon Luke had you in mind in his fantasy threesome.

TBH Mr Viking, I don't reckon Luke had you in mind in his fantasy threesome.

A luke Shaw threesome involving a viking warrior? I can't even begin to imagine the headline in the Sun for that one!!!

Edit: Yes I can:- LUKE SHAW GOES BERSERKER! The viking warrior was reported to be disgusted at the England starlet's table manners.

Edited by Ohio Saint

What does he expect, if you're not in Europe you'll struggle for top,top players. Next season perhaps.

Plus most of the names mentioned in the article have the World Cup to consider at the moment. A slight distraction, which perhaps Hummels for example is prioritising over transfer speculation ( AL take note).

Or is it £30m including add ons with the basic fee paid over 5 years with £5-10m up front. £30m cash is one thing instalments are quite anther. Lallana £25m £15m over 5 years and £10m dubious add ons, no way.

If Shaw does go, I'd happily take Hernandez and some cash. He's looked good since he's been on tonight and I thought he did well last time he came on for Mexico. Hernandez and Pelle as the front two works for me, or Pelle up front with Hernandez and Rodriguez out wide.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-increase-luke-shaw-3751042

34m according the Mirror. Good number but depends on the conditions as to how good a deal it is, i.e how much up front etc.

For £34m it may prove too hard to resist. Shame as he'll be worth double that one day but it gives us the chance to really strengthen on top of whatever other funds we have. Amazing what a front page story involving birds can add to your value...

No idea if the mirror or mail is true, but nice to read these huge figures rather than the poxy ones. I said £37m for Shaw at it looks like it might get close to that figure to prise him from us.

For £34m it may prove too hard to resist. Shame as he'll be worth double that one day but it gives us the chance to really strengthen on top of whatever other funds we have. Amazing what a front page story involving birds can add to your value...

Highly possible he won't ever be worth double that. He's still only a left back.

I'd say MUFC are mainly planning to have Shaw as a United player for the next 12-15 years, as opposed to a sell - on investment.

Highly possible he won't ever be worth double that. He's still only a left back.

I'd say MUFC are mainly planning to have Shaw as a United player for the next 12-15 years, as opposed to a sell - on investment.

Unless they want to gradually develop him into midfield ala Bale. Shaw is at his best going forward

I actually think Shaw is an excellent defender. Can barely recall a wide player getting the better of him over 90mins.

Re the fee its not the headline amount thats important, it is how it is structured and what benefit we get immediately than can allow us to improve our team. Doubtless it will be made up of many add ons, some of which we will probably never get

Should insist on a big sell on fee too, chances are he will move again.

Unless they want to gradually develop him into midfield ala Bale. Shaw is at his best going forward

Well he'd playing as a wing-back in Van Gaal's system. He'd probably have more license to get forward than with us -and that's saying something.