Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

I think you are spot on, I think the issue is that Shaw & Lallana haven't submitted official transfer requests as yet (as far as we know) It will be of benefit to saints if they do as they are bound to have clauses in their contracts entitling them to significant percentages of any transfer fees agreed if they haven't requested to leave.

I think it is the right time for Lallana to leave, as much as I'd us to keep him. I don't think it will do Shaw any harm to stay another year but we need a manager to pursued him of that fact.

The truth hurts and I see you can't resist bringing out the old line "Duncan has an agenda". That is precisely what I mean about you can't resist jumping on a bandwagon. Tell me just what is my agenda in your original opinion, I would be very interested especially as now I am all hunky dory with the club as you put it. So come on spill the beans...prove you have an ounce of individualism in that mixed up mind of yours.
Have you 2 history? Vitriol is never very pleasant, there again we can all mix it if we want

Well Saints fans I have just met with Luke Shaw at Rownhams services with a under 21 player Jamal, I have written the conversation below as it was said.

Me. Luke is that you.

Luke Hi

Me. Luke how do you cope with all the media speculation.

Luke. I just ignore it all.

Me No doubt you are getting good advice, however, just listen to an old fart like me for once.

Luke Laughs

Me. Man City have just won the premiership, think though, did they win it or buy it.

Luke. They bought it.

Me Exactly, so who had the greater achievement, Saints finishing 8th with a young squad some of which out of our academy or City?

Luke. Good point.(Obviously recognized what I said made sense.)

Me. Listen I am not asking you what your intentions are, that is your business and personal and you have to do what you and your advisers think best.

Luke. Nod of approval and thanked.

Me. In addition Luke, think about the Saints players that have left because they thought the grass would be greener, Beats and Bridge as two examples, both of the careers took a dive after that and do you want to be a bench warmer?

Luke. That is true.

Me. No doubt you drive a nice car and you can probably park it wherever you like, you won't be able to do that in Manchester, you will be buying wheels every other week.

Luke. Laughs.

Me. Please think long and hard about what Southampton are trying to achieve before you make a call, you can play a huge part in that, or you can be a small fish in a big pond.

Luke. That's true.

Me. If you were my son I would tell you to stay at Saints a bit longer, lets face it you are only eighteen, if you stayed till you were 25 you could probably demand even bigger bucks. ( Me thinking that must sound like an eternity to a 18 year old)

Luke. Just smiled.

Me. (They needed to get away) Just to say Luke, many congratulations on making it into the world cup squad, and what ever you decide all the very best, just stay with Saints.

Luke smiled.

Me. Finally, no doubt you watch football pundits say on T.V., just do one thing for me, Ignore Robbie Savage.

Luke. Why

Me. Because the guy is a Pratt and should be ignored.

Luke. Laughs again.

Said our goodbyes, could I have changed his mind, I doubt that very much, all I did was make the most of an opportunity to get my five eggs in, only time will tell.

Fly Martel out to Rio ASAP IMHO

Im trying to avoid a tit for tat debate with you fitzhugh

You know exactly the the points im making

My comment about an agenda was purely a figure of speech re jumping on band wagons, nothing more and nothing less.

I have no issues regarding you per sae though I dont agree with you on a number of occassions but I found your earlier comments some what patronising and condescending. even in your latest response is pretty offensve about having a mixed up mind.

From what I can recall you have had a number of issues over the years with various officials of the club, Probably some of the same concerns I have had in the past

More recently you managed to get the Saints books back into the Saints shop. and not before time. I was please haliology books will be sold there,

You have to admit you were against NC or was that a figment of my mixed up mind?

I dont have to prove my individualism but i will stand up to bullying and derisive comments such as the ones you have made today

Finally Im not going to shy away from my original comments re bigadam which was about LS request to the board 4 weeks ago resurfacing

We all Know LS wants away.

I will still buy you a Pint next time im in the Guide dog on a match day

Regards

Mike

seeing the author of the goal report.

he is probably working as a cleaner at Old trafford and will be a genuine ITK

I thought I recognised his his name from something in the news a couple of years back

I think it is the same guy

A London Evening Standard journalist who was arrested after going undercover to investigate airport security following the September 11 atrocities walked free from court today after the charges against him were dropped.

In a move hailed as a victory for press freedom, Judge Barrington Black described the crown prosecution service's decision not to prosecute Wayne Veysey as "extremely realistic", adding subterfuge was acceptable in matters of public interest.

Veysey, 26, and his father, who provided him with a reference for a job at Heathrow airport, were due to stand trial at Harrow crown court on charges of dishonesty over his job application in April 2002.

Had the trial had gone ahead it would have been a landmark case with major implications for undercover newspaper investigations but the CPS has now agreed to drop the charges.

"It is clearly in the public interest that the poor standard of safety and security should be liable to exposure by the free press in the same way that bully boys and the greedy are liable to exposure.

"Therefore it is acceptable if some subterfuge is used, provided that the aim is in the public interest," said Judge Black, who awarded costs to the newspaper.

"I am delighted that all charges against Wayne Veysey and his father have been dropped. Indeed, all these charges should never have been brought in the first place," said the Evening Standard editor, Veronica Wadley.

"This newspaper - which is proud of its investigations - wanted to analyse airport security which is clearly a matter of huge public interest, especially after September 11," she added.

An Evening Standard spokesperson described it as "a major victory for press freedom".

"Wayne Veysey was asked to get a job as a cleaner or baggage handler in order to observe the security levels at Heathrow," the spokesperson added.

So when did this agreement of Shaw's wages come about? Was this from a month ago, when Shaw allegedly said that he wanted to leave us and join them, or was it just recently, at a time when we have said that we won't consider any player leaving until after our new manager has been appointed and United have subsequently made noises about signing other players instead of Shaw? Is it just United indulging in a bit of cock waving to scare off Chelski, not that they are short of a bob or two if they wished to sign him, or is it to impress their own fans?

And in any event, all well and good to let the World know how much they are prepared to pay an 18 year old, and risk antagonising several of their other players on much lower wages, but the bottom line for us has nothing at all to do with what they are prepared to pay him, but everything to do with what they are prepared to pay us. As far as I know, that will be £30 million, so if they're serious, then cough up or go and get lost.

I liked it better when Saints players earned around double the average national wage - equivalent of c£60,000 a YEAR, lived in a semi in Bitterne, drank in the local pub and didnt tell people living in a slum that all they needed was a bit of inspiration. Yeah I know that makes me sound old, but its a major part of the reason we couldnt sell out in supposedly our most successful season.

If Shaw is Given £160,000 and Rooney is on £300,000 I'd expect a lot of hissy fits from a lot of other Man U players wanting the same...

it'll be like watching the football club version of internal combustion.

If Shaw is Given £160,000 and Rooney is on £300,000 I'd expect a lot of hissy fits from a lot of other Man U players wanting the same...

it'll be like watching the football club version of internal combustion.

With Van Gaal and Rooney this is pretty much guaranteed anyway. There is going to be a bust up and it's not a matter of if but when. I suspect Van Persie and any responsibility given to him will be the catalyst.

Also: I'm fairly sure Koeman and Van Gaal fell out badly in the past. And Koeman also came out and said Jose Mourinho is the most hated manager in football without saying it himself. Even more reasons why Saints need this manager tied up for us quickly.

Well if this is true they can certainly afford £35M for the player, just stick our prices up, if they are prepared to pay stupidly high wages, they will be prepared to pay stupidly high transfer fees

I liked it better when Saints players earned around double the average national wage - equivalent of c£60,000 a YEAR, lived in a semi in Bitterne, drank in the local pub and didnt tell people living in a slum that all they needed was a bit of inspiration. Yeah I know that makes me sound old, but its a major part of the reason we couldnt sell out in supposedly our most successful season.

Just for comparison on wages.....

I used to see what the pompey players were earning many years ago.

The team that got promoted to the old div 1 for one season had some big names. Their top earners used to gross, with bonuses etc, around £40 k absolute tops. Most were in the low £30 k region.

To compare, at that time, a classroom teacher was earning around £10k.

Not quite the same today.

Just for comparison on wages.....

I used to see what the pompey players were earning many years ago.

The team that got promoted to the old div 1 for one season had some big names. Their top earners used to gross, with bonuses etc, around £40 k absolute tops. Most were in the low £30 k region.

To compare, at that time, a classroom teacher was earning around £10k.

Not quite the same today.

It is for the teacher. :rolleyes:

I see united could be turning their attention to Blind now.

Reported in the BBC gossip column, along with Chelsea looking at a left back from CSKA.

When fees of c£12m in mentioned for Blind, and less for CSKA's lb you can see why they might baulk at pursuing Shaw.

A year under Koeman, and Shaw will probably be on Barcelona's radar.

Wouldn't be surprised, he was already expensive at 27 million (no doubt spread over a long time and a lot of adds-on). Any more would be ridiculous, as I keep saying there's better for less. Better for us as well although that will depend on the new manager's preferred style.

Wouldn't be surprised, he was already expensive at 27 million (no doubt spread over a long time and a lot of adds-on). Any more would be ridiculous, as I keep saying there's better for less. Better for us as well although that will depend on the new manager's preferred style.

Who are these better left backs?

Club secretary (who deals with transfers) is in Manchester today..... Make of that what you will.....

the company secretary is gareth rogers as per companies house.

the company secretary of the parent company is Michael James Fenn

this bit made me laugh

Earlier this week Buttner made the bizarre claim that he was Manchester United's man of the match on 14 occasions last season.

Think we dodgy a bullet big time on that numpty:lol:

As Olallana alluded to and has been widely eported, LVG doesn't rate Buttner so he was expected to be moved on this summer. What IS good news is that he has not been linked to us as part of the deal for Shaw.

Indeed, given that ManUre are not involved in any European competition this coming season (for the first time in many years) and that Evra has signed on for another year - why do they need another LB of note?

It wouldn't surprise me at all that IF we sell Shaw to United this summer part of the deal is that we have him back on loan for a season. It would make perfect sense all round (given that they now have Evra for next season) for Luke to play a full season for us - against everyone bar Untied - than for him to be sat on their bench/getting the occasional run out in a cup competition or when Evra is injured.)

It wouldn't surprise me at all that IF we sell Shaw to United this summer part of the deal is that we have him back on loan for a season. It would make perfect sense all round (given that they now have Evra for next season) for Luke to play a full season for us - against everyone bar Untied - than for him to be sat on their bench/getting the occasional run out in a cup competition or when Evra is injured.)

Why is that a good idea for Saints? Saints have Shaw under contract until 2018 and no financial need to sell him, they could keep him and his value will rise by the time summer 2015 comes and he'd still have 3 years left on his contract.

Why is that a good idea for Saints? Saints have Shaw under contract until 2018 and no financial need to sell him, they could keep him and his value will rise by the time summer 2015 comes and he'd still have 3 years left on his contract.

I don't think that suits Shaw either - if he wants to play in the Champion's League, why would he sign there and come back on loan?

I couldn't give a toss about LS he has an ability but I really don't think he is as good as bale . He may turn out to be as good as him. But it's still very early days . I think he should stay with us till he's 21 . If he goes to United now I have an inkling he will end up in lge 1 or 2