Luke Shaw - Done Deal

Gemmel

I'd demand a hell of a lot more than £10m up front.....I know transfers aren't paid in full, but £10m a year for 3 years is ****. By the time we've got the full £30m we could well be playing in the NPC, and that money would then be used to cover debts.

its how it works, it how we do business, hence why we owe quite a bit this season.

no one is ever going to pay £30m up front. Just will not happen

we could always say 'not for sale' but we have a new fan friendly, smiley board now

With so many teams courting Shaw, we'd be stupid not to try to get them in a bidding war to bump his price up.

The only way I can see this ringing true, is on the day Van Gaal is announced, a marquee signing for them would appease their fans.

Still the ball is massively in our court, and for this deal to be done before the World Cup so easily would have me worried about the powers that be at our club.

I can't see this being true, at least I hope it isn't. I accept we probably will sell Shaw, and £30 million is a decent fee, but not at those terms and not at the present time.

Suspect most of the noise about this at the moment is on the back of the manager actually being appointed there now.

Most of today, Shaw's been traveling to the England training camp in Portugal, so nothing will have changed today from our end.

Edited by Jimmy_D

What posters need to realise that some posters will be in their early teens. Get a life and accept that the poster who put up the LS is ge post did it for the best intentions. It was not trolling or intentional windup etc IMO

I'd demand a hell of a lot more than £10m up front.....I know transfers aren't paid in full, but £10m a year for 3 years is ****. By the time we've got the full £30m we could well be playing in the NPC, and that money would then be used to cover debts.

Any players Saints buy with the money would also likely be in installments. So the year 2 and 3 Shaw money would help pay the year 2 and 3 payments for any purchases made by Saints.

its how it works, it how we do business, hence why we owe quite a bit this season.

we could always say 'not for sale' but we have a new fan friendly, smiley board now

I'm assuming we get interest on the amount? A cool 2.5 million a year on top of the 10 in interest isn't the end of the world ;)

Edited by farawaysaint

Didn't Levy make Real pay all upfront for Bale?

Of all the clubs in the world, Manchester United is the only one I have a genuine hatred for. It would be a huge shame for Luke to end up there.

I work with a Man U supporter (born in and bred in Andover...) and his words today were as follows:

"Now we've got our man (Van Gaal), I reckon 12mil for Luke Shaw and we'll throw a few **** players your way to save some cash for bigger names."

The arrogance and self importance of the average Man U fan is astonishing. Seeing them loose is almost as enjoyable as watching Pompey getting stuffed 4-0 by Wimbledon.

With so many teams courting Shaw, we'd be stupid not to try to get them in a bidding war to bump his price up.

Six months ago, every big club in the country was being strongly linked with Shaw, but for the last month or so it's only really been United. And all of this despite no contact being made with the club. Similarly Lallana was being linked to Chelsea and United. Yet the last month it's only really been Liverpool. And yet again no contact has been made with the club (according to Les Reed anyway)

They tap the players up, let the player decide which club he wants to join, the others step aside and the transfer "bidding war" never materialises because the player has decided where he's going already so what's the point in bidding. A nice arrangement for the big boys, in the long run it keeps the transfer fees down as they enter the world of FFP. Too far-fetched?

What posters need to realise that some posters will be in their early teens. Get a life and accept that the poster who put up the LS is ge post did it for the best intentions. It was not trolling or intentional windup etc IMO

Nothing wrong with being a teen I work with them daily as part of my job, but tearing into someone for posting something interesting whether you believe it or not ain't cool. If we don't draw attention to it then person doing it doesn't learn nothing. Chalet removed it, great.

Pastor contributes to the forum and obviously isn't just a wum but he has been pretty rude and antagonising beyond call to loads of posters for last couple of weeks, glad mods have noticed it.

Psychological profiling aside (my bad) :p with regard to the rumour, if it's such a done deal then surely there would be something more substantial than this one twitter source by now.

Shaw deal is definitely done

how come no-one ever leads with "listen up bros, mate of mine knows shaw's bird and she says #itshappening". I feel like that is what i would do. I would be full disclosure! I wouldn't be all teasing & cryptic bout it. I would be ITK with straight-forward + manly openness.

It's prob why no-one ever tells me nothing :(

I just don't get it. Swap a non European team for... ....a non European team. It makes no sense from Luke's perspective.

Err except treble his earnings, play alongside world class players, world class manager, massive chance to get champions league next season, much more likely to be challenging for trophies.

I just don't get it. Swap a non European team for... ....a non European team. It makes no sense from Luke's perspective.

Oi is it true that Luke Shaw will be the highest paid teenager in the history of sport?

#itshappeningbutnothowweexpected

So on the basis you are in the know, and you've posted this tag several times; is there actually anything positive 'happening' ? or is it all mopo going, luke is going we're all doomed.

If not then can you start using #itsnothappeningaswesuspected thx.

Only we could get shafted like this

How come Real Madrid can pay spurs the bale money in full, but suppose ably the richest club in the world can't pay a third of that up front

Utter bull sh!t

Nothing is confirmed yet about any of this speculation. Only thing solid to go on is Lovren is happy, that's got quotes from the man himself.

Nothing is confirmed yet about any of this speculation. Only thing solid to go on is Lovren is happy, that's got quotes from the man himself.

Just hope it's utd fans blowing smoke

But gut feeling - he's off with £10m in 3 instalments (what a **** take) and if that is the case ,I am sorry but I think we we're better off with NC in charge.

If I say the deal is done, and it eventually happens, am I ITK? Even though I know jack all about what's going on and have no contacts?

Who's Jack All and what has he told you bro??

#somethingshappeningbutihavenoideawhatcosithinkijustsharted

This.

Indeed... Incredible the ignorance shown on here... all large deals tend to be structured over 2-3 years, sometimes longer - and as has been pointed out already it's why we still have fees to pay from previous transfers etc.... Jeez... As to it being a done deal... Well we do not know if Manchester United have even been granted permission to speak to Luke... Normally when that happens it announced ... So odds are it could not be more more boll of if it came wrapped in soft leather sack and was swinging between the hind legs of a donkey...

Only we could get shafted like this

How come Real Madrid can pay spurs the bale money in full, but suppose ably the richest club in the world can't pay a third of that up front

Utter bull sh!t

Big Kat prob don't want it all up front cos she's worried bout posting profit & have to give big chunk to Tony Blair in corporation tax. Better to get it spread out otherwise you end up panic spending, like spurs done last summer

Indeed... Incredible the ignorance shown on here... all large deals tend to be structured over 2-3 years' date=' sometimes longer[/b'] - and as has been pointed out already it's why we still have fees to pay from previous transfers etc.... Jeez... As to it being a done deal... Well we do not know if Manchester United have even been granted permission to speak to Luke... Normally when that happens it announced ... So odds are it could not be more more boll of if it came wrapped in soft leather sack and was swinging between the hind legs of a donkey...

True, but we had Cortese who managed to get 50k from Arsenal every time Oxo took a ****.

Indeed... Incredible the ignorance shown on here... all large deals tend to be structured over 2-3 years' date=' sometimes longer - and as has been pointed out already it's why we still have fees to pay from previous transfers etc.... Jeez... As to it being a done deal... Well we do not know if Manchester United have even been granted permission to speak to Luke... Normally when that happens it announced ... So odds are it could not be more more boll of if it came wrapped in soft leather sack and was swinging between the hind legs of a donkey...[/quote']

For once you've talked a bit of sense Franco. Like you say, the reason we have a transfer 'debt' is because of this. Funny how it's fine for us to do it to other clubs but not for other clubs to do it to us.

As for the fee, £30m is a huge amount of money for a teenage full back. It'll make him the most expensive full back of all time too. Not quite sure why people are calling it a shambles, a terrible deal and lost faith on the board. A world record fee for a full back ain't a terrible deal in most sane peoples eyes.

For once you've talked a bit of sense Franco. Like you say, the reason we have a transfer 'debt' is because of this. Funny how it's fine for us to do it to other clubs but not for other clubs to do it to us.

As for the fee, £30m is a huge amount of money for a teenage full back. It'll make him the most expensive full back of all time too. Not quite sure why people are calling it a shambles, a terrible deal and lost faith on the board. A world record fee for a full back ain't a terrible deal in most sane peoples eyes.

agree with you richard. £30m is insane money and as you say, world record levels. yet that is somehow a bad deal as it may be staggered over 3 years.....like every transfer.

Just reading the RedCafe forum, they talk like there's an air of inevitability about this transfer.

"This'll happen. Southampton aren't rejecting 30 odd million and Shaw isn't going to reject Manchester United."

I agree £30 million is a lot of money for a young full back with barely 2 season's experience behind him, but I'd love it if we rejected it and we milked them for more. Mind you the cocky gits probably know as much as we do.

There are clearly people on this forum who are desperate to scream "we've been robbed" regardless of the final deal.

Thirty million quid would be astonishing money for a left back, even if they pay us in weekly installments over three years.

Anyone complaining about that valuation is nuts. Yeah, we don't want him to go but blimey that fee would be a terrific second best.