Still no statement from the club !?

simo

What's worrying me is not the fact he's in talk but the fact the club had neither confirmed or denied it! Shows a lack of professionalism and respect towards us fans , so much for open communication !

Doesn't really show anything. There's simply nothing to be announced.

As I've said before, I'd rather they left the announcements until there is something 100% to confirm. Until that point, it's just PR rubbish.

I mean, what are they supposed to say?

''Southampton football club can confirm that our manager is in talks with Tottenham Hotspur. He may get the job, and he may not.

We work behind the scenes and are committed to the future. We are calm''

Comical. Because the forum is getting hysterical again then they are expected to push out a statement saying waht? Whatever they say anyway will ultimately be misinterpreted.

We tried to keep MP, he wants to leave.

Comical. Because the forum is getting hysterical again then they are expected to push out a statement saying waht? Whatever they say anyway will ultimately be misinterpreted.

The only thing which is commical is that fact that this line is trotted out when clearly the club seem to lack any type of strategy or direction. Those who have better contacts closer to the club can attest to that. Keep your head firmly in the sand all you like but you won't be able to ignore what's happening for much longer.

The only thing which is commical is that fact that this line is trotted out when clearly the club seem to lack any type of strategy or direction. Those who have better contacts closer to the club can attest to that. Keep your head firmly in the sand all you like but you won't be able to ignore what's happening for much longer.

Absolute rubbish.

I suggest you watch Reed's statment from over a month ago where he said he is "comfortable" with the MP situation. We are busy working on signings of Lukaku and Caulker and no players are going anywhere. We are also working on a huge new sponsor as commerically are lagging behind - expect a massive name to be announced imminently.

It seems to have taken one news report, and it's still only that one report repeated over, containing no quotes from any of the supposedly involved parties, to turn most of the posters on this forum into Alpine Saint clones. There's still been absolutely no solid reason to believe he's moving to spurs as far as I can see.

from this one report saying he's in advanced talks, it's been decided he's definitely off, it was decided ages ago, the board are all on holiday or just sitting around doing nothing, loads of stuff about KL's intentions.

It's all getting a bit silly, perhaps wait for one single person involved in this to actually make a comment before making any more OTT statements. Let's remember that we don't actually know what's happening yet. He may have heard them out and told them he wanted to stay, he may not even be in talks at all. It's been less than a day.

I hope I am wrong but I get the impression the club does not know what it is doing. I am not at all impressed.

Based on what exactly?

The fact that they've not told us that we've had bids on players and that someone wants our manager?

How many clubs do that?

Are Chelsea's board useless because PSG want Luiz for big bucks, and poss Hazard too?

Were Everton's board not up to it last year because they didn't comment on Moyes speculation?

Anyone who expects the board to reveal offers for staff and players and/or believes that the board are out of it's depth because offers are received, are stupid.

To my mind, it's better that we do our business discretely then share info once that business has been done.

So what do you think the club should say?

I hope I am wrong but I get the impression the club does not know what it is doing. I am not at all impressed.

Presumably permission for talks would have been granted but I tend to agree. It has the look of Saints simply reacting to events elsewhere. Whether that is true or not I have no idea but the appearance is one of novice swimmers surrounded by sharks.

What's worrying me is not the fact he's in talk but the fact the club had neither confirmed or denied it! Shows a lack of professionalism and respect towards us fans , so much for open communication !

What do you want them to say? Yes he's in talks? What's that going to achieve?

The club will make an announcement when he's officially gone. If he stays they probably won't even bother making an announcement unless its a new contract, however unlikely that may be

Something like this, please!

"Dear Southampton fans,

We have just been flicking through the very reputable newspaper, the Daily Express, as we are sure you have been, too and it appears that Marucio Pochettino is going to become the new manager of Tottenham Hotspurs. If you don't like the sound of that then don't worry - the London Metro don't think he will be, so you can find solace in their article.

Here at Southampton, we are fully committed to bringing out the most hysterical and hilarious opinions of the reactionary fans on Saintsweb by only releasing a statement when something has been finalised. Until that point, please keep the amazing posts and threads.

Southampton Board"

This.

Any statement now wouldnt really say much.

Maybe they're optimistic that he'll stay, and feel a statement could be counter productive.

If he leaves I'm sure we'll see a clear statement from the board.

For instance if it said something along these lines

"Southampton FC is saddened to annouce that a deal has been reached for MP to join Tottenham, we would like to place on record that despite reassurances over the future direction of the football club & player sales, along with an improved contract offer, Mauricio felt that he has taken the club as far as he could. We would like to thank Mauricio for his great work over the last 18 months"

Would people still feel the board are inept?! short of chaining him to a chair I dont know what else they could do.

Secondly, allot have said they wouldnt welcome MP back after speaking with Spurs. What if the club made a statement and he turned them down?

So what do you think the club should say?

They should at least confirm that they have given Poch permission to speak with Tottenham and give an insight into what their plans are now. Clearly the situation with Pochettino is no longer "comfortable" so what exactly are they doing?

I'm less fussed about what they tell the fans and more worried about the fact that the manager is walking and players want to leave or are saying that they don't know what to expect. The only excuse for that is that they are reacting to things as they happen rather than having a proper strategy in place themselves.

Fear not. This is Ralph's moment. He wanted us to have an uncomfortable summer as it proves we are doing things the right way, remember?

A statement might not be forthcoming, but electricity is in the air, the tension palpable, and there are new leadership models to be formulated. Trust in Ralph!

Why? The last statement made our position absolutely clear.

Why should there be another statement because of media and forum hysteria

Statements merely lead to more questions.

Keep Calm And Support The Saints!!!

Edited by Andy Durman

Why? The last statement made our position absolutely clear.

Why should there be another statement because of media and forum hysteria

As I have said many times before, football is a business and you do need to keep some sort of eye on your customers. What happens if (and I am not saying that this is going to happen) you **** off a lot of them and they decide not to come. Say crowds are down on average by 5000, is it worth risking those many millions for the sake of a statement?

Not a particularly unusual thing to happen in this situation. Still, no-one has made it clear what they want the club to say.

I expect this from MP:

Mauricio Pochettino says he leaves Southampton with a heavy heart but hopes people understand the chance to manage Spurs was too good to turn down.

The Argentine was unveiled officially as the new Spurs boss at a press conference on Thursday morning.

Southampton are are understood to have agreed a compensation package totalling £2m.

"The only way I was going to leave Southampton was for a big club, and I mean a big club," Pochettino told the Daily Echo.

"It was an extremely, extremely difficult decision because my plan was always to stay here at Southampton for a number of years."

#standard

Club Statement:

"Southampton FC First Team Manager Mauricio Pochettino has left the club with immediate effect. Ongoing legal matters prevent the club from providing more information on his departure, however, in the spirit of transparency and open communication, you may want to check out http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com, or any reputable news outlet (and most of the disreputable ones too)"

#inthespiritoftransparency

Not a particularly unusual thing to happen in this situation. Still, no-one has made it clear what they want the club to say.

If they have agreed terms with Spurs & given MP permission to speak to them I think they should announce this. I can understand them not commenting on speculation or even offers received for players but in matters of fact, particularly when the story is all over the media I think they need to comment in some way.

What is wrong with you people?!

The Club - any club- NEVER comments in situations like this. When things are resolved (MP signs with Spurs, or he commits himself to an extended contract) then expect a comment.

I don't agree with that Hamilton Saint.

I'm sure I've seen clubs comment that they have reluctantly given permission for xyz club to talk to their manager.

I understand the point you're making which is that we have no definitive news, but IF MP is talking to Tottenham, then we surely must have given permission / negotiated compensation, and if that is the case then that surely is news.

The club is choosing not to comment and I can understand that, but it does fly in the face of the post-Cortese glasnost we were promised by Mr Krueger.

Based on what exactly?

No kit

Crap main sponsor

No Manager

Vultures circling for our best players

Sacked youth trainers hugely respected throughout the club heirarchy

What else do you need ?

If we still had a radio station, that would go tits up too. Cant answer if the catering quality has plummeted.

Oh, and that stupid, stupid, STUPID statement about financial difficulties.....

I think it will be more "We cannot compete with Pochettino's ambitions or those of our star players"

youre not impressed with the club because of your imagined impression. Intelligent.

I know where he got that from. It was always about the strengthening.

No kit

Crap main sponsor

No Manager

What else do you need ?

If we still had a radio station, that would go tits up too. Cant answer if the catering quality has plummeted.

A whole bunch of sh1t supporters?

No kit

Crap main sponsor

No Manager

What else do you need ?

We do have a kit. The director of VEHO has seen it.

VEHO aren't a crap main sponsor, local - run by saints fans, and operate the world over selling high quality product. Better than having Wonga.

We actually do still have a manager.

Vultures circling for our best players could be seen as a good sign of their quality, still, every silver lining has a cloud, eh?

Probably a reason for their dismissal, we just can't be made aware of this due to legal procedures.

Do you ever get bored of being so extreme, The "Nigel Farage of worrying"?

No kit

Crap main sponsor

No Manager

What else do you need ?

1. Oh no, are we playing in skins next season then?
  2. Don't know about you, but I don't support football clubs for the sponsor. If Veho are paying their way then so be it.
  3. We currently have a manager and I'm pretty sure we'll appoint another if he leaves. Not ideal but life goes on.
  4. Yet they're all still ours.
  5. Ah, top stuff. You know the whole story on that one? Do share.

What is wrong with you people?!

The Club - any club- NEVER comments in situations like this. When things are resolved (MP signs with Spurs, or he commits himself to an extended contract) then expect a comment.

I think you will find Rupert had plenty to say last time Spurs came calling for a manager

instead of us hearing it on SSN that MP was deep in talks the club could have said 'due to media speculation we would like to say that THFC have asked for permission to talk to MP, the board will make a decision as soon as Ralph Kruger gets off his spotty and lets us know what the answer is'

'in the meantime we have issued a complaint to the PL regarding THFC making illigal approaces to our manager who is under contract'

Whether the situation would have been different regarding him leaving or not, i do not see that NC would have allowed these shananagans to be allowed to got on with had he been here

I couldn't give a toss about the players 'ambitions'. They should have thought about them before they committed to long term contracts.

Thats ludicrous.

They signed their contracts because when they did the club's ambitions matched their own.

Can sympathise with any player at the moment, especially the likes of Schneiderlin or Lallana.

Not their fault what has happened, they couldn't have done any more for us.