Les Reed

Bewildered

Should shoulder as much blame as anyone IMO. Seems to have all the power relating to the football side of the club after all.

I wouldn't bother - I pointed out my concerns with his credentials as a DoF and also that he appears to have all footballing decision making power in the Krueger interview thread yesterday and I was told by 90% of people I was talking rubbish. So I can only assume those same people are delighted with the news we're selling our best striker and talisman for £4m and that it is all a part of the Les Reed masterplan.

Christ, talk about burying your head in the sand....

Alps, stop jumping to conclusions. I'm not saying he won't leave, and I would be gutted if he did, but seriously, all this need for blame and anger is really quite sad. Grown adults aren't able to moderate their own emotions. Some of the claims coming out are just pathetic.

That picture is fake, zoom in and look at the change in background colour around the writing.

Okay interesting, please provide example of twitter picture that doesn't have this with same type of phone. (No trick but will qualify truth of it being fake)

What lie would that be then? He said that if players go it will be on our terms only. He did not say that we won't sell anyone - full stop.

he also said there will be no players leaving until a new manager agrees to it

It is entirely possible that we can agree a fee with another club, but only on the proviso that the move must be sanctioned by the new manager, and that if he wants to keep Rickie, then he can veto it.

Why does it all have to be so black and white to some of you? Negotiations happen in football all the time. Fees are agreed but moves fall through for all sorts of reasons.

If Rickie leaves before a new manager is in place then fair enough, it was a lie. But that's not yet the case.

Oh dear.

Adam Blackmore @bigadamsport · 6m

#saintsfc board coming under enormous pressure now & none more than Les Reed. Chairman & Pochettino have both repeatedly passed buck to him and Reed is the one who a number of payers have mentioned to me recently as being an issue for them - hope he comes through but he's under the pump. And whilst I didn't like the way Poch behaved of late , I know that the players loyalty was with him & not Reed & board

he also said there will be no players leaving until a new manager agrees to it

Not in any interview that I saw (maybe I missed one). He did say it would be preferable, but not categoric. Besides, if we had an acceptable offer for Lambert to return to a club he loves and he wants to go, why stop it just because a new manager has not been appointed yet?

Not in any interview that I saw (maybe I missed one). He did say it would be preferable, but not categoric. Besides, if we had an acceptable offer for Lambert to return to a club he loves and he wants to go, why stop it just because a new manager has not been appointed yet?

why would we stop it?

because we are not a chairty case to english football.

It is entirely possible that we can agree a fee with another club, but only on the proviso that the move must be sanctioned by the new manager, and that if he wants to keep Rickie, then he can veto it.

Why does it all have to be so black and white to some of you? Negotiations happen in football all the time. Fees are agreed but moves fall through for all sorts of reasons.

If Rickie leaves before a new manager is in place then fair enough, it was a lie. But that's not yet the case.

Minty, I have always admired your calm and reflective posts and your ability not to let emotions run away with you. You make fair comment and I appreciate that it's always well thought out, intelligent and insightful.... However, in this case I do think fans are perfectly entitled to be concerned or worried... I don't believe it's too much of a risk to suggest that IMHO we will start next season considerably LESS competitive than this one. Whoever is sold or bought, that is my opinion. And from that perspective the board will have demonstrated a failure to recognise the potential and build on it ( which ironically would see KL see a GAIN in the value of her asset) either through nativity or design.

as far as I was concerned the writing as on the wall the moment Hofstetter revealed 'financial concerns' when in reality anyone with a brain could recognise that we would be able to Budget accordingly.

We we were I go, being readied for major change, one that might ensure ten club is cash rich and 'debt'' free, but left uncompetitive in this division, and certainly far worse than this season.

i hope beyond hope I am wrong and I will welcome ten bed wetter tag as it means we have a competitive and progressed side, but sadly it will most likely pain me to say I told you so...

why would we stop it?

because we are not a chairty case to english football.

Sorry - but I can make no sense of that post at all. If (big if) it's a very good offer for a 32 year old striker and it's his dream move, then I would not begrudge him it. Charity doesn't come in to it.

Sorry - but I can make no sense of that post at all. If (big if) it's a very good offer for a 32 year old striker and it's his dream move, then I would not begrudge him it. Charity doesn't come in to it.

Its a vey good offer to counter the lower and accepted one we will get for Lallana - speculation naturally, but would be VERY naive to discount that as part of a strategy to land Lallana at price that means less given away to Bournemouth....

However, in this case I do think fans are perfectly entitled to be concerned or worried... I don't believe it's too much of a risk to suggest that IMHO we will start next season considerably LESS competitive than this one. Whoever is sold or bought, that is my opinion. And from that perspective the board will have demonstrated a failure to recognise the potential and build on it ( which ironically would see KL see a GAIN in the value of her asset) either through nativity or design.

as far as I was concerned the writing as on the wall the moment Hofstetter revealed 'financial concerns' when in reality anyone with a brain could recognise that we would be able to Budget accordingly.

We we were I go, being readied for major change, one that might ensure ten club is cash rich and 'debt'' free, but left uncompetitive in this division, and certainly far worse than this season.

i hope beyond hope I am wrong and I will welcome ten bed wetter tag as it means we have a competitive and progressed side, but sadly it will most likely pain me to say I told you so...

Frank, I'm not saying to not be concerned. Naturally, no one wants us to be less competitive next season than last, and losing any player who was a part of that may well contribute. We can't predict the future, so at the moment all we know is that our manager has gone, and that several players may leave too, so it is indeed natural that people will be anxious about what will happen.

BUT, my point is to not let that anxiety cloud the possibility that things *may* not be as bad as we fear, and to recognise that we won't know for certain until the end of the summer, and indeed into next season. That's all. Concerns can and should be raised, but judgements, IMO, should not.

To be honest, this is football, and us fans should know better than most that nothing stays the same. We all want to see the club spend money, be sustainable, and keep moving up the league, but the reality is that very few teams actually do that. Probably none in fact, because the ones spending all the money, are not sustainable. They just have deeper pockets.

Surely all teams sell players & all teams buy replacements that's the nature of football & the reason we have a transfer window. If Rickie wants to go to his boyhood club & we get a decent price for him then I for one will be happy for him.

As for all the other players that want to leave as long as they go on OUR terms & not for piddling amounts then again i'm happy. If we don't use that money wisely to invest in new players of a similar standard, then maybe that will be the time for us to start to worry.

As for rumours they are just that, rumours. The OS is my guide to how the club is being run & nothing is true until I read it on there. Unless of course there are rumours going round that we are signing Messi, then and only then will rumours be real.

Les Reed sucked up as much power he could when new board came in. Who were KL and RK to stop him? They aren't football people.

They are just as much football people as Cortese was when he arrived.

Reed is the one that concerns me with the new board.pretty clear he is the man solely responsible for football matters and I'm not sure if he's totally qualified for the job. Already we are hearing rumours from Blackmore that the players aren't impressed with him and if it's true he thinks Mayuka could be 'world class', as Derry just said on the Lambert thread, then you have to worry.

I just hope we end up with an experienced manager very quickly who won't take any **** from him. But I doubt it. If things fall apart this summer it will be Reed who shoulders the responsibility for it, not Krueger.

copy of what I PUT UP ON THE UGLY EARLY THGIS MORNING...

like everyone I can fully understand Rickie wanting to return home at his stage in his career..and I wish him all the best.

However it is **** poor timing, coming the day after Krugers statement, and whilst he is away in Ukraine on club duties supporting our young guns representing thier country.

So who is negoiating this deal at this time?

Kruger said that Les Reed was in charge of all football matters until a new manager was in place.

I 'll remind you that no manager is in place and therefore Les Reed should take responsibilty for this situation.

The seeds for Rickies departure were sown in the first week of January this year.

Lambert was told that the club had accepted an offer for him from West Ham.

Allthough this represented a financial advantage to Rickie, he was reluctant to move to that club, preferring to end his playing days with us.

However the damage was done, his loyalty to this club was severely tested by the mere fact they were prepared to accept any deal for him.

Other players too were upset by this smack in the teeth to a player they all respected and looked up to.

The deal was only scuppered by Kat who booted the midget out, and stopped any negoiation between us and West Ham.

Cortese, on his own, could not achievce this transfer to a rival club, he had to have the backing of Pochettino and Les Reed.

Pochettino has gone, Cortese has gone...but Reed remains.

Reed has negoiated this deal with Liverpool, whether it was with Krugers and or Kats knowledge, makes no difference.

But he backed Cortese in January, or didn't have the balls to argue against it when Lambert was nearly sold against his will.

Players were hacked off with this, and we are now reaping the seeds those 3 had sown in January.

And, he should be made accountable for it

like everyone I can fully understand Rickie wanting to return home at his stage in his career..and I wish him all the best.

However it is **** poor timing, coming the day after Krugers statement, and whilst he is away in Ukraine on club duties supporting our young guns representing thier country.

Kruger said that Les Reed was in charge of all football matters until a new manager was in place.

I 'll remind you that no manager is in place and therefore Les Reed should take responsibilty for this situation.

The seeds for Rickies departure were sown in the first week of January this year.

Allthough this represented a financial advantage to Rickie, he was reluctant to move to that club, preferring to end his playing days with us.

However the damage was done, his loyalty to this club was severely tested by the mere fact they were prepared to accept any deal for him.

Other players too were upset by this smack in the teeth to a player they all respected and looked up to.

The deal was only scuppered by Kat who booted the midget out, and stopped any negoiation between us and West Ham.

Cortese, on his own, could not achievce this transfer to a rival club, he had to have the backing of Pochettino and Les Reed.

Reed has negoiated this deal with Liverpool, whether it was with Krugers and or Kats knowledge, makes no difference.

But he backed Cortese in January, or didn't have the balls to argue against it when Lambert was nearly sold against his will.

Players were hacked off with this, and we are now reaping the seeds those 3 had sown in January.

Some decent insights here, but not sure why players would be hacked off with just Les Reed and not Cortese or Poch for nearly selling Lambert in Jan. Also, RK was in Burton on 'club duties' not Ukraine.

To be fair Les Reed is the only person now who can provide leadership. Krueger is now unbelievable and has been exposed as the mouthpiece for a lack of integrity and KL has never really been viewed as really wanting to be here.

So, it's down now to Les.

1. To get a manager like Moyes who will be seen as a positive statement of intent.

2. To use the unexpected sale of Lambert and probably Ramirez and Osvaldo to reinvest in the managers requirement for a new strike force.

3. To use the sales above to strongly demonstrate that we do not need to sell anyone else and WILL NOT. To keep our Captain Adam Lallana. To only sell Shaw if the manager says so.

4. To make a clear statement to our players agents that we are not interested in selling so they should get back in their boxes.

Do that Les and you'll be a man my son!

Don't do that and you'll become Rupert Lowe II. Because the fans have (sadly) awoken.

• 3 weeks later...

Pat, you hate Les Reed and have never had a good word to say about him from the moment he walked into the club.