Pelle & Immers

offix

In Dutch paper The Telegraaf:

"Southampton, de nieuwe club van de trainers Ronald en Erwin Koeman heeft belangstelling voor zowel Graziano Pelle als Lex Immers. Beide spelers zijn in beeld bij de Engelsen omdat ze onder Koeman samen een ongekende productie hebben gehad in de afgelopen twee seizoenen. Het duo kwam tot 74 doelpunten in de competitie."

Translation:

"Southampton, the new club of Ronald & Erwin Koeman is interested in both Graziano Pelle as well as Lex Immers. Both players peaked the club's interest because of the incredible scoring record they had in the past 2 seasons under Koeman. They scored a combined 74 goals in the Eredivisie"

Surprised (or maybe not) that the Daily Fail didn't put two and two together in light of the media speculation surrounding Koeman's appointment by us and then reason that he might wish to sign Pelle now Lambert has gone and Osvaldo didn't work out. Virtually everything else they print is based on wild speculation, so this ought to have occurred to even a cub reporter as potentially holding more water as a proposition.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-transfer-gossip-Leicester-pip-Potters/story-21227501-detail/story.html

Here's another article from earlier in the month that again linked Pellé with a move to the BPL without mentioning Saints, so not just the Fail that aren't mentioning us on it. Not sure if they actually know anything (probably not) but will be interesting to see if we go in for him. He does look very good!

Pelle looks a decent signing, from everything I've heard Immers is far from good enough.

Strachan started by signing Telfer & Williams as familiar faces so if Ron wants Immers because he trusts him in a similar way, I guess we need to show faith in that decision. I agree Pelle looks the more impressive of the two, at first glance.

Strachan started by signing Telfer & Williams as familiar faces so if Ron wants Immers because he trusts him in a similar way' date=' I guess we need to show faith in that decision. I agree Pelle looks the more impressive of the two, at first glance.[/quote']

I agree but there are plenty of other feyenoord players I'd rather see come in

While I know little of Immers, what I do know is that sometimes its best not to judge a player by the system and team mates he's been surrounded with. Sometimes a change is just what is needed to turn an average player into a great player and so I wouldn't be quite so hasty writing off the likes of Immers.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to get some HG seniors in though cos otherwise we're going to be lighter than Citeh in that department.

Once Lallana has gone I think that leaves us with 6, well 7 if you count Sharp..then again who does that.

When Morgan goes we'll be down to 5 and us being a pillar of HG football and all that...............

Well it would be nice to start seeing some players coming in the door instead of going out. Clearly RKs team is going to be a very different team to the one we've got used to seeing.

This is the thing, it's surely better for RK to have a lot of money to buy his own players for his system, then have to shoehorn existing players into said system. 55m for 2 players who've had one good PL season is daylight robbery!

I'm dubious on Pelle. Okay he has a good record in The Netherlands but £10m for a 29 year old seems a bit much to me. I'd expect something a bit special for that price.

Agree that it is a gamble as he has no real goal record before moving there. Think the fee is lower in £ though, more like 8m or so. When you think thats what Snodgrass and Livermore are worth it doesn't get you a lot these days.

Pelle must be high on confidence though after two really good seasons, and seems to be a penalty area striker with decent finishing ability. Hopefully that will translate well to the PL, although will need a slight change of style to get the best from him - with more crosses coming into the box.

I'm dubious on Pelle. Okay he has a good record in The Netherlands but £10m for a 29 year old seems a bit much to me. I'd expect something a bit special for that price.

It's 10 million euros, 8 million £, we're probzbly varnishing a bit on that as well, cheap as chipso, normal for a Dutch league Goleador, remind me how many De Ridder scored in that league?

Probably the going rate for the highest scoring Italian striker outside of Italy playing in one of the top leagues in Europe (well, one of the bottom of the top leagues in Europe!).

Think clubs might start expecting a bit more now that we have said we will reinvest player sales and then made £50m+ in one day....!

This is the thing, it's surely better for RK to have a lot of money to buy his own players for his system, then have to shoehorn existing players into said system. 55m for 2 players who've had one good PL season is daylight robbery!

You are not that mad Russ! I reckon that sums it up in a nutshell .... (don't take the 'nut' personally!)

Agree there but it's the players we will probably lose after that that is the problem.

It's 10 million euros, 8 million £, we're probzbly varnishing a bit on that as well, cheap as chipso, normal for a Dutch league Goleador, remind me how many De Ridder scored in that league?

Pelle last season 23 league goals (28 league appearances)

Steve De Ridder total goals in Dutch football, including second division goals and cup goals (3 seasons at De Graafschap, plus one season at Utrecht - 136 appearances) - 24 goals

Steve De Ridder career goals - 50 in 230 games

Graziano Pelle league goals scored in last 2 seasons - 50 in 57 games

Pelle last season 23 league goals (28 league appearances)

Steve De Ridder total goals in Dutch football, including second division goals and cup goals (3 seasons at De Graafschap, plus one season at Utrecht - 136 appearances) - 24 goals

Steve De Ridder career goals - 50 in 230 games

Graziano Pelle league goals scored in last 2 seasons - 50 in 57 games

You got MLG'ed

£8-10m apparently. Probably a tad more than I'd personally value him at, but then how much was Bony from the same league? about £13-14m I think?

He could fail, or he could be an absolutely epic edition. The bonus is that the manager knows him, and he knows the manager. Could work out well. (or it could be an Osvaldo....!)

£8-10m apparently. Probably a tad more than I'd personally value him at, but then how much was Bony from the same league? about £13-14m I think?

He could fail, or he could be an absolutely epic edition. The bonus is that the manager knows him, and he knows the manager. Could work out well. (or it could be an Osvaldo....!)

Think Bony was £12m but is a few years younger. He didn't mention a fee but £8m seems to have been mentioned elsewhere, seems to be more than a rumour though as I to recall it being said Koeman would take him with him to his next club and quite a few links, now this. Looks like your second piece of ITKness mate ;-)

Think Bony was £12m but is a few years younger. He didn't mention a fee but £8m seems to have been mentioned elsewhere, seems to be more than a rumour though as I to recall it being said Koeman would take him with him to his next club and quite a few links, now this. Looks like your second piece of ITKness mate ;-)

Nope, not claiming ITK on that....! It's been obvious this is going to happen for weeks.

Hmmm I would prefer it if he was a bit younger' date=' the fee was a bit lower and he had a good record in more than one league. That said, hopefully he'll be a good edition.[/quote']

I actually think age can be a bonus, esp because of our players coming through. You need that experienced player (just like lambert). And with Sport Science, just look how Giggs did!!! Olod is 31/32.

While I know little of Immers, what I do know is that sometimes its best not to judge a player by the system and team mates he's been surrounded with. Sometimes a change is just what is needed to turn an average player into a great player and so I wouldn't be quite so hasty writing off the likes of Immers.

Aren't these the same players that knocked Spain out of the world cup

Yeah count me in the highly dubious camp. Age, lack of experience of prem and seeing Spurs gamble with similarly aged Soldado. High fee too.

Jeez, amateur stuff. Who could have predicted that selling all our best players for megabucks before signing replacements would prove so difficult?