Random Ex- Academy Player Transfer News no-one will care about...

The9

Hungerford had a good side when I played.  The Angel brothers (brothers of Brett) played for them.  

Beat us in an F.A. Cup qualifier.  I was very good though 😀.

Not sure what league they play in.

Edited by Wade Garrett

43 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Hungerford had a good side when I played.  The Angel brothers (brothers of Brett) played for them.  

Beat us in an F.A. Cup qualifier.  I was very good though 😀.

Not sure what league they play in.

Saw Brett Angel and one of his brothers play for Cheltenham in the 90's. Brett looked a good prospect at one point, his brother though spent most of one game goading the opposition supporters (in the Conference !).

Wasn't Hungerford also the starting point in Charlie Austin's meteoric rise to becoming an internet sensation ?

I see David McGoaldrought has scored his first premier league goal against Chelsea. It only took him 1600 minutes.

Edit - he joined us young enough to be an academy player didn't he? I remember the clamour for him to play when he was at youth level.

Edited by Ted Bates Statue
He joined us from another club didn't he... oh well

1 hour ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I see David McGoaldrought has scored his first premier league goal against Chelsea. It only took him 1600 minutes.

Edit - he joined us young enough to be an academy player didn't he? I remember the clamour for him to play when he was at youth level.

He’s had a good career, IMO.

17 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

He’s had a good career, IMO.

Don't think he was ever a goal scorer though, seemed to be more of a number 10 type player - but we kinda relied on him as our only source of goals in our relegation season, which was never going to end well.

Sheff U fans love him, good work rate and good quality in and around the box  - just doesn't really score goals, as I don't think that's ever been his true game.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Don't think he was ever a goal scorer though, seemed to be more of a number 10 type player - but we kinda relied on him as our only source of goals in our relegation season, which was never going to end well.

Sheff U fans love him, good work rate and good quality in and around the box  - just doesn't really score goals, as I don't think that's ever been his true game.

Don’t disagree mate.  
I just like seeing ex-saints doing well (with a few exceptions) - spent most of his time around the championship means he’s done well for himself. 
Pleased to see him get to the Prem at the age of 32 (which is mental when I remember him signing for us around 16). 

• 3 weeks later...

Leeds looking at trying to get ex saints academy player Ben White in on a permanent deal. He was there on loan from Brighton last season and was very good. Be surprised if Brighton let him leave.  

Leeds looking at trying to get ex saints academy player Ben White in on a permanent deal. He was there on loan from Brighton last season and was very good. Be surprised if Brighton let him leave.  

2 hours ago, SKD said:

They seem very persistent about this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

bit mad seeing as not even played a league game for Brighton yet!

Blimey, that's crazy money. There aren't many who slip through our net, but it looks like he did. 

6 minutes ago, manzo said:

Birmingham City announced Scott Bevan as their new First Team Goalkeeper Coach yesterday, that's got to be our ex-keeper, hasn't it?

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2020/karankas-backroom-team-revealed/

I'm guessing that it's the tall lad at the back with the ginger beard. And one kidney.

That is indeed the ScottBevan who was on our books but never quite good enough 40 years old now!

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

Was that when he scored from 2 free kicks?

He had a debut in the 05-06 season, right at the end against Millwall. Then he became the starter left back in 06-07, scored against Derby in the first game, and then against Cov the following game from direct kicks.

That Derby game still haunts me, Paul Peschsolido or however you spell it equalising at the end after we dominated really.

27 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He had a debut in the 05-06 season, right at the end against Millwall. Then he became the starter left back in 06-07, scored against Derby in the first game, and then against Cov the following game from direct kicks.

That Derby game still haunts me, Paul Peschsolido or however you spell it equalising at the end after we dominated really.

Cheers. I remember the 2 free kicks - absolutely sublime.

3 hours ago, manzo said:

Birmingham City announced Scott Bevan as their new First Team Goalkeeper Coach yesterday, that's got to be our ex-keeper, hasn't it?

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2020/karankas-backroom-team-revealed/

I'm guessing that it's the tall lad at the back with the ginger beard. And one kidney.

Scott's a great guy. Definitely one of the nicest blokes you'll ever met, and also the tallest. Really pleased for him. 

He's been at Birmingham a while after previously being at Reading. Before that he was running a kids GK coaching school down here with Daryl Flahavan which is where I know him from. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...