Initial TV game picks (Liverpool/Villa away, Man City home)

stevegrant

Games picked in Sky's first block of games:

Liverpool away, now Sunday 17th August, 1:30pm

Aston Villa away, now Monday 24th November, 8:00pm

Manchester City home, now Sunday 30th November, 1:30pm

BT still to announce their first block.

So Sky are showing....

8 times - Man Utd

7 times - Arsenal, Liverpool

6 times - Chelsea, Man City

5 times - Aston Villa, QPR, Spurs

4 times - Everton

3 times - everyone else (ie 11 teams)

Why anyone thinks that Villa and QPR will offer any entertainment is beyond me.

So Sky are showing....

8 times - Man Utd

4 times - Everton

So with BT added ...

11 times = Man Utd.

10 times = Liverpool

9 times = Arsenal, Man City

7 times = Chelsea

6 times = Everton, Spurs, Villa, QPR

5 times = Newcastle

4 times = Burnley, Stoke, West Ham, WBA, Swansea

3 times = SAINTS, Hull, Palace, Sunderland, Leicester

Games picked in Sky's first block of games:

Liverpool away, now Sunday 17th August, 1:30pm

Aston Villa away, now Monday 24th November, 8:00pm

Manchester City home, now Sunday 30th November, 1:30pm

BT still to announce their first block.

Liverpool was inevitable but early on Sun is annoying

Don't mind that.

Most games will be 3.00 on a Saturday which suits me fine.

If you're not local, you can usually find a stream to watch.

Sure 3pm Saturday is good, but what do clubs get - £750k a game is it? So we are losing out big time on that front. Like last year and the year before. One might be forgiven in thinking that the TV companies don't like Saints.

Sure 3pm Saturday is good, but what do clubs get - £750k a game is it? So we are losing out big time on that front. Like last year and the year before. One might be forgiven in thinking that the TV companies don't like Saints.
Do find it weird we're so low down the pecking order - didn't expect us to be up there with Liverpool, Man Utd etc, but didn't expect us to be rock bottom either.

I'm very surprised that Saints at White Hart Lane on October 4th isn't a TV pick. Do they expect Poch to be sacked by then?

Assuming the Jesus Perez managed side (Mopo dosen't do Cup games after all) make it through the play-off round, then the game will be moved to the Sunday anyway.

The games against Hull and Everton aren't affected.

So Sky are showing....

8 times - Man Utd

4 times - Everton

It's more about viewing figures than entertainment and I would presume (though may be wrong) that QPR and Villa garner more viewers than Southampton. Same reason why Man Utd is being shown more than City, despite the latter winning the league etc.

BT Sport didn't televise us until that New Year's Day game vs Chelsea which we lost 3-0...

How many games were televised last season?

Spurs Home and Away, Chelsea Home and Away, Man City Away, Liverpool Home, Everton Home, Arsenal Home??, Fulham Home, Sunderland Away, Crystal Palace Away?? Or was it West Ham away?? and was Hull another televised game?

my memory is poor lol

BT Sport didn't televise us until that New Year's Day game vs Chelsea which we lost 3-0...

Spurs Home and Away, Chelsea Home and Away, Man City Away, Liverpool Home, Everton Home, Arsenal Home??, Fulham Home, Sunderland Away, Crystal Palace Away?? Or was it West Ham away?? and was Hull another televised game?

my memory is poor lol

All our games were on. ;)

But legally, Palace and Hull weren't. West Ham and Fulham at home.

At least we don't have to put up with the idiots on BT Sport talk utter nonsense!! David James is shocking!!

David James' anti Saints attitude was so unbelievable last season. Will not miss that one bit, used to wind me up no end. Skate fu**w*t.

my memory is poor lol

Isn't there a requirement to be on 11 times minimum?

So Sky are showing....

8 times - Man Utd

4 times - Everton

thank your lucky stars united dont get 8x the TV money as some of the others

not being on sky is a good thing right? less kickoffs moved etc

Out of interest, how many televised games did Sky/BT pick up before Xmas last year?

West Ham at home (0-0), Fulham at home (2-0) I remember but were there any others?

Also for those saying 'we're missing out on £750k' etc. if Sky don't show 10 of our games a season then they just pay us as if they put us on TV 10 times anyway.

Isn't there a requirement to be on 11 times minimum?

Also for those saying 'we're missing out on £750k' etc. if Sky don't show 10 of our games a season then they just pay us as if they put us on TV 10 times anyway.

I think that rule was quietly removed from the broadcasting contract that started last season. However, there are upper and lower limits for each of the seven packages that Sky and BT bid on as part of the current contract:

Prem-UK-rights-split-2013-161.jpg

Essentially, that graphic shows that Sky and BT could get away with showing a club as few as five times over the entire season, or as many as 28 (strangely, exactly the number of times Liverpool were shown last season) of 38 league games.

to watch other games?

Okay pedantic ... but come now, surely you agree that watching your own teams games you can't get to is a large part of the draw of sky/bt sport packages?

Respect the fact it is simple marketing - potential utd and liverpool 'fans' are a bigger audience but the way it is split is likely to marginalise fans of the clubs not seeing much screentime.

Okay pedantic ... but come now, surely you agree that watching your own teams games you can't get to is a large part of the draw of sky/bt sport packages?

Respect the fact it is simple marketing - potential utd and liverpool 'fans' are a bigger audience but the way it is split is likely to marginalise fans of the clubs not seeing much screentime.

I like watching other games with very good players playing. More so that we 'mix it' with these teams

I am glad we are not on as much, so many (me included) moan like hell when games are moved for TV anyway and our games are easily available online via various sites

I thought we'd be on TV a lot as we've sold all our players and are most likely going to get soundly beaten by every team we play against.

Im actually glad we aren't on Sky much, I've been known to get lazy and skip games if it's on TV. I'm determined to get to SMS more than the thrice I made it last season. (Shift work pending.)

6.59 start from London Euston, bus to Hemel Hempstead, train to Northampton, then change to Rugby and then on to Liverpool. Cheers Sky!

Stop complaining, you are nothing. People in Abergavenny who pay their £60 a month subscription matter more than you. Think of them with their 13.15 start, having to rush their Sunday lunch to make it to the sofa. shut up you piece of scum, just get on your train, pay your ticket and look exited for the camera when we get a corner. You are nothing. NOTHING.

No kids, low mortgage and a missus who knew the score before we got together!

I remember those days - now I have two kids and a big mortgage. Still got the understanding missus so make it to 15 odd games a season but often with a kid in tow now!

Sorry to be slightly off track but which is the best App to use that puts individual team's fixtures and KO times in your calendar (outlook ideally) and then automatically moves them when the fixtures are changed? Had one last season and it was excellent, used it for Saints and a couple of others I wanted to look out for, but it has disappeared. When I searched there are loads that come up but most are crap, WC related, or still have last season's dates.

Sorry to be slightly off track but which is the best App to use that puts individual team's fixtures and KO times in your calendar (outlook ideally) and then automatically moves them when the fixtures are changed? Had one last season and it was excellent, used it for Saints and a couple of others I wanted to look out for, but it has disappeared. When I searched there are loads that come up but most are crap, WC related, or still have last season's dates.

I'll try and find the one I used - mine's already updated with the fixture changes.

Hmm. Can't find where I got it from - do you want it for Google calendar or Outlook?

EDIT: Try this one: http://www.feintzebra.co.uk/premier-league-fixtures-2014-2015-calendar-for-ios-outlook-google-and-more/

Edited by The9