Poch in the Sun today

terrasaint

Adkins probably said Saints are bigger than S****horpe.

When was the last time we finished above Spurs, or had a higher average attendance than them?

What do people expect him to say in a Spurs presser? "It's good here but Southampton was amazing and I really miss the club and it's new home made stripy kit."

When was the last time we finished above Spurs, or had a higher average attendance than them?

What do people expect him to say in a Spurs presser? "It's good here but Southampton was amazing and I really miss the club and it's new home made stripy kit."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did I think 3 years in a row 2002-2004

There's a feeling of familiarity to all this:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51019-Enlightening-Pochettino-USA-Press-Conference#.U8uoL_ldV2o

Fact is that having learnt to say this in English, MP will be stating the same to anyone who will listen.It justifies his leaving, and greed.

I look forward to hearing what he has to say when he gets the boot.

Spurs are a bigger club so what's the big deal?

Come off it they don't even have their own team song. ;)

SPurs have been stealing things off of us for years including arguably one of the worlds best players, where did that get them in all this time… Spurs, if they want to have the big club label, need to also have it pointed it out to them are probably the ****test and most under achieving big club in the world.

Edited by Mallagroth

Spurs are a bigger club so what's the big deal?
speak tp

its just a talking point so why the aggression. yes they are but in view of the total disregard he showed to saints fans while he was here (he can miraculously now speak to the media in English) a bit of diplomacy would have been good)

The most tedious of all debates.

'big' means fck all. We have more chance of attracting players then Leeds or Forest yet both could be argued to be bigger. Spurs are more famous and probably wealthier right now with recent CL football. things change all the time. were wigan ever bigger than us? they were well above us, had better players, more money and won a trophy. yet most would probably say they weren't.

Best to just shut up and focus on improving. Saints should do that, and Pochetinno should do that, because the subjective size of his previous club will not save his job if results don't come.

Very true.

Spurs are a bigger club than Saints, but they are nothing like the club they think they are, Levy is completely deluded and this superiority complex has passed to their fans. At a recent public planning meeting regarding their proposed new 56K stadium (on the drawing board for eight years and only recently granted a site), he talked about the club as one of the top ten sides in Europe, when every permutation of stats you see places them between 22-30 - http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/progressiongb.php3

In the last 23 years their trophy haul has been limited to two League Cups, and the second of those was six seasons ago. Pochettino is on a hiding to nothing, and thank f*ck for that...

I watched the first half last night v Seattle Sounders 1-1 at half time. Spurs were dire at the back, Seattle could have scored five except for Friedl. They were making a very poor attempt at the Pochettino style. If they keep this up, he has problems.

I watched the first half last night v Seattle Sounders 1-1 at half time. Spurs were dire at the back, Seattle could have scored five except for Friedl. They were making a very poor attempt at the Pochettino style. If they keep this up, he has problems.

it was their first pre season game. Dont read too much into it.

Like us and every other side

it was their first pre season game. Dont read too much into it.

Like us and every other side

Not the result. It was the way players were unable to adapt. Defenders giving the ball away, no defensive midfield and no pressing from the front. I could see what they were trying to do. If he doesn't get the players to buy into it he won't last until Christmas.

Not the result. It was the way players were unable to adapt. Defenders giving the ball away, no defensive midfield and no pressing from the front. I could see what they were trying to do. If he doesn't get the players to buy into it he won't last until Christmas.

it was their first game under him. jeez

Spurs are bigger than Saints. Which makes their consistent lack of success season after season even funnier.

Tottenham was the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960–61 season. After successfully defending the FA Cup in 1962, in 1963 it became the first British club to win a UEFA club competition – the European Cup Winners' Cup.[4] In 1967 it won the FA Cup for a third time in the 1960s. In the 1970s Tottenham won the League Cup on two occasions and was the inaugural winner of the UEFA Cup in 1972, becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies. In the 1980s Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup in 1984. In the 1990s the club won the FA Cup and the League Cup. When it won the League Cup once more in 2008, it meant that it had won a major trophy in each of the last six decades – an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

And Seattle got a nice 2nd goal in the second half.

My front lawn has better loyalty and speaks better English than the Argie ****t

Your lawn is a captive. You do not pay it, allow it to grow to its full potential or expect it to speak up. That is not loyalty it is fear and given the opportunity of freedom that grass will rise up, probably between 25 and 75cm.

Spurs are a massive club, we are a mid size club. He is stating a truth. IMO

They certainly have a bigger ego than many clubs. Their ground has a larger capacity than ours....and their owners pay out bigger transfer fees than we do, (although they've always screwed us on deals)

BUT a quick look at their trophy cupboard in the last 20-odd years doesn't show a lot of difference to ours - does it?.

They certainly have a bigger ego than many clubs. Their ground has a larger capacity than ours....and their owners pay out bigger transfer fees than we do, (although they've always screwed us on deals)

BUT a quick look at their trophy cupboard in the last 20-odd years doesn't show a lot of difference to ours - does it?.

Nor does evertons

Yet, they are also a bigger club

Hope it's not too soon, we haven't got a team equal to last season's yet

Unless everyone's happy with our massive squad ?

I am happy enough with things as they are. Sometimes you have to take a step or two backwards to progress. Clear out the old regime and those who don't want to be here, and push on with the new.

You Richmond, I suggest you clear out of here and go and support someone like Chelsea. I am sure that you would be a lot happier.

I am happy enough with things as they are. Sometimes you have to take a step or two backwards to progress. Clear out the old regime and those who don't want to be here, and push on with the new.

You Richmond, I suggest you clear out of here and go and support someone like Chelsea. I am sure that you would be a lot happier.

I've only been supporting Saints since 1954, so who am I to dare have an opinion other than everything in the garden is lovely ?

I know the rhetoric of taking a step backwards etc. We are at least a lap behind atm. Glad you are happy with the situation. But IF, just IF, we lose the first four games say, will you be just as happy, now that the old regime has been replaced, and we have pushed on ?.

It's almost as if you are an SFC plant.

And I fail to understand your stupid comment about clearing out and supporting Chelsea

I support the SAINTS Team I currently do NOT support the Board, and how they are running the Club

I dont support SFC because of the size of the club and really dont give a feck whether Spurs, Everton or anyone else are "bigger." I like the fact that we have been able to compete with so called "bigger" clubs without paying stupid wages and stupid transfer fees. Long may it continue and if it means that players leave for "bigger" clubs it just means it gives us the opportunity to bring other players though who are happy to play for the club as it is. If I wanted to be a "plastic" I would have been off years ago. I have always been proud to support SFC whatever divsion we have played in. To me the club will always be bigger than any player, any Board member, anyone. I am also happy that KL is continuing to run the club without turning into another Man City.

I've only been supporting Saints since 1954, so who am I to dare have an opinion other than everything in the garden is lovely ?

I know the rhetoric of taking a step backwards etc. We are at least a lap behind atm. Glad you are happy with the situation. But IF, just IF, we lose the first four games say, will you be just as happy, now that the old regime has been replaced, and we have pushed on ?.

And I fail to understand your stupid comment about clearing out and supporting Chelsea

I support the SAINTS Team I currently do NOT support the Board, and how they are running the Club

Firstly well done for supporting the club for so long. Does that mean your opinion is any more valid? If not, I am afraid I can't see the relevance that you have been supporting Saints for 60 years save to question your....anyway. The suggestion that you might want to go and support someone else is because you seem to have nothing but negative comments to make. So one might presume you aren't happy. You say that it's almost like I am SFC plant, but I could retort that you are like a PFC one.

And really, who supports the board? I support the team on the pitch not the people in the boardroom, even when they are relatives.

So you should be old enough that ups and downs are all part of supporting a teams and you alos should know that no matter how bad it seems we always bounce back OK, afterall we have had very little bad luck since the 50's.

The comment about Chelase is obvious, you seem to want the Liebhers to just spend and spend. Well if you don't like it get some money together and buy the club and do it your way.