Harrison Reed signs new four-year deal with Saints

Saint-Armstrong

Contracts mean nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It means we get Shawesque money for him and can buy a new Tadic or Pelle each year if needed. We have a brilliant academy that produce gems, we sell them, buy players for our level and are sustainable. (Boring I know but better than another admin)

It means we get Shawesque money for him and can buy a new Tadic or Pelle each year if needed. We have a brilliant academy that produce gems, we sell them, buy players for our level and are sustainable. (Boring I know but better than another admin)

It's a case of either flogging academy products at the first opportunity or Admin and nothing in between?

So can someone recall who it was that spoke with his dad at the end of the season who stated he had just signed for Liverpool for £3m? It was on the Lambert thread the evening he signed for Liverpool? Another one we can remove from the genuine ITKs.

Any one with a child in a premier league academy set up would do well to remember the club's record

So can someone recall who it was that spoke with his dad at the end of the season who stated he had just signed for Liverpool for £3m? It was on the Lambert thread the evening he signed for Liverpool? Another one we can remove from the genuine ITKs.

Any one with a child in a premier league academy set up would do well to remember the club's record

Beat me to it! I'm sure it was United though?

Good news that he has just signed a new 4 year contract - Koeman obviously rates him highly and Reed is impressed by koeman.

Good news indeed, but the haste and decisiveness about this being done also speaks volumes about the failure to offer Cork and Fonte contracts.

Totally meaningless announcement - Saints have probably agreed an option on him with one of the Top 6 already. Saves them buying him and loaning him back for experience. More hollow announcements, and then by Christmas 'his head will be at Man U.' I hate this business model which Saints are seemingly adopting. I can understand some players leaving, but the likes of Chambers and Morgan should be persuaded to stay quite easily - particularly as RK is a high profile guy. There is no way a brand new team can gel sufficiently to compete in the PL. It's madness, really.

Best mates with Chambers as well isn't he? Hardly going to pledge loyalty to the club long-term when all his peers are off at the drop of a hat. If he plays 20 games for us Les will think he's given enough back to the club and flog him next summer and replace him with some cheap foreign option. Laughable that the board try and appease us with news like this when they've sent out the message that long-term contracts mean absolutely nothing to them once transfer offers come flooding in.

Long-term contracts mean absolutely nothing to them once transfer offers come flooding in.

Thats nonsense, it puts the club in a stronger negotiating position to get a bigger fee if a club bids for him. If someone bid for Shaw, Lallana or Chambers with only a year left on their contracts we wouldn't be getting the fees we've got for them.

Thats nonsense, it puts the club in a stronger negotiating position to get a bigger fee if a club bids for him. If someone bid for Shaw, Lallana or Chambers with only a year left on their contracts we wouldn't be getting the fees we've got for them.

In terms of their intentions to keep onto the player it is not nonsense. The move is purely strategic to inflate any potential fee, nothing about player and club expressing genuine loyalty to one another.

In terms of their intentions to keep onto the player it is not nonsense. The move is purely strategic to inflate any potential fee, nothing about player and club expressing genuine loyalty to one another.

the club is expressing four years of loyalty to the player. we don't get to renege on that.

tommy forecast, billy sharp, and ryan dickson's promotion bonuses demonstrate that.