Koeman

Delboy Dave

Koeman is more than half a team short of a starting eleven

Better way of saying that would have been, that he's players short of a competitive starting 11.

Not even that, we can put out a mid table starting 11 now. Four or five short of decent squad depth more like.

At this time he has already lost 4 players of which 3 he has admitted that he knew he would lose. He has no reason to lie to us so we have to take this as fact. Chambers out the door soon and doubts remain over Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Osvaldo, Fonte and Cork.

That is potentially 10 players who all made a decent contribution last season. I am pretty sure he didn't sign up for that.

you can't really mean to include Osvaldo in that group - do you?

OK ....very nice goal v. Man City, but a touchline ban after the Newcastle fracas... .and then the bust-up with Fonte....what sort of contribution is that ?

the sooner we get him off the books the better, and cut our losses. How much a week is he getting ?

Burnley have the team that got promoted and have brought in an extra 7. They will be a match for anyone in the bottom half of the table.

Sunderland have added 4 and released their dross (there's a lot of it). They proved tough enough for us last season.

Koeman is more than half a team short of a starting eleven and only has 20 days before his season starts. Jeeez FFS!

No panic. I 'd feel a bit more concerned if it were only 20 hours before seasons start.

Can only assume Koeman is cool with this all as les reed stated, quite clearly that no player comes in or out without the managers say so.!!!!

Les Reed or to give him his full title Mr Reed said also he was great buddies with Mr Pocchettino, that they had a great understanding and were very much together on the way forward, so Mr Reed's opinions must be judged by that.

For my twopenniesworth, Koeman must be well Effed off with the disintegration of our club and sufficiently distracted by all the shenanigans as to be totally distracted from the business of running the first team properly. The realisation that he has been handed a poison chalice must have hit him hard by now. It will not be surprising if he leaves very soon. I would in his position.

Contrary to many posts on here I would have thought Koeman will be delighted with the current situation and the opportunity to bring in his own players.

The fact he seems to be OK with it - based on what he has said so far - leads me to believe he feels that we need better players to improve on last seasons position.

All very exciting if that is the case.

I accept that things look bad right now and play into the hands of the pessimists but we are only half way through the turnaround.

It would be good though if the club could give us some reassurance that this is the plan as this would stop a lot of the negative feeling that is dominant at the moment.

Contrary to many posts on here I would have thought Koeman will be delighted with the current situation and the opportunity to bring in his own players.

The fact he seems to be OK with it - based on what he has said so far - leads me to believe he feels that we need better players to improve on last seasons position.

I accept that things look bad right now and play into the hands of the pessimists but we are only half way through the turnaround.

It would be good though if the club could give us some reassurance that this is the plan as this would stop a lot of the negative feeling that is dominant at the moment.

why can't everyone see this? It's surely a manager's dream. Money in the bank and a chance to buy whoever you want.

Ronald Koeman has a chance to put OUR money where his faith is ..and buy in a whole team... if he needs to.

Every manager who takes over a club has to adapt to fit in the " stars" in the club -even if they are difficult to handle.

Now for those who don't want to stay ..let's say goodbye NOW. Anymore for the Skylark?:D

Yes they've been good, but that was " last years team" , and they couldn't cut it (and make it to a Euro place)...surely a manager of RK's stature can feel confident in knowing he can do it " his way ".

Assuming we start signing players. Right now I wouldn't think we look an attractive option to a lot of half-decent players.

why can't everyone see this? It's surely a manager's dream. Money in the bank and a chance to buy whoever you want.

Ronald Koeman has a chance to put OUR money where his faith is ..and buy in a whole team... if he needs to.

Every manager who takes over a club has to adapt to fit in the " stars" in the club -even if they are difficult to handle.

Now for those who don't want to stay ..let's say goodbye NOW. Anymore for the Skylark?:D

Yes they've been good, but that was " last years team" , and they couldn't cut it (and make it to a Euro place)...surely a manager of RK's stature can feel confident in knowing he can do it " his way ".

Right, "last years team" couldn't make it to a euro place. So we sell last years team and buy this years team.

And this is a managers dream.

I think I'm folowing you now. Makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Koeman go before the season starts. According to a post on another thread he has already met the board to express his concern. The board have failed to deliver on several assurances made to him when he took the job.

I could see Sammy Lee taking the reigns if Koeman goes.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Koeman go before the season starts. According to a post on another thread he has already met the board to express his concern. The board have failed to deliver on several assurances made to him when he took the job.

I could see Sammy Lee taking the reigns if Koeman goes.

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you.

This.

Can Van Basten, Gullit or De Boer still do a job? Guaranteed starters in our XI at the moment!

You have to have some level of self-belief if you back yourself to build a team/squad that can play and be competitive at the EPL level, virtually from scratch in less than three weeks. He must have bigger balls than Van Gaal!

It's impossible to know what's going on.

However, the board surely would not dare not let RK go after all this bad news. This hopefully puts him in a strong position to say "You buy X,Y & Z, and don't mess around"

I wouldn't have enough faith in the Board to ask them to buy a pound of apples.

That worryingly suggests it was not his decision to sell the players we have.

As much as people are hoping it was a dig, it wasn't.

It was a little bit of a naive tweet by Koeman, who genuinely does post pre-training pictures on a daily basis. It just fits for it to be picked up by the media as it has been.

Part of me wonders of Koeman is part of the problem here. He's clearly confident he can build a team from scratch on about 3 weeks. That might be possible at a big club in the Eredivisie, but I worry he's in for a shock with the PL which is utterly unforgiving.

Would a lesser name manager be so blasé?

(For the record this should not be read as 'Koeman out')

Completely agree. We have a great manager and coaching staff in place and they WILL re-build a team in THEIR mould. I would like to see these signings sooner rather than later but not panicking or bedwetting like many on this forum at the moment. Jeez. Get a grip.

That is the problem, the money is still in the Bank

And it is still in KL's Bank, because (A) She doesn't want to spend any of it, pending selling SFC or (B) No player in his right mind wants to come to a Club with no first team

"@DanBrett90: Koeman's agent, Guido Albers, extinguished exit talk: "Don't worry, he was aware of this from the beginning. At Feyenoord was same problem.""

Hopefully that prevents one corner of the bed being soaked in urine for the time being...

"@DanBrett90: Koeman's agent, Guido Albers, extinguished exit talk: "Don't worry, he was aware of this from the beginning. At Feyenoord was same problem.""

Hopefully that prevents one corner of the bed being soaked in urine for the time being...

Wow. Amazing that he would come to the club in these circumstances.

Wow. Amazing that he would come to the club in these circumstances.

If he was interested in being here long term, there wouldn't be many better things for an ambitious manager than ludicrous funds and a blank slate to build your own philosophy in the best league in the world with players you can choose specifically for it from the start...

*clutches desperately for straws*