Chairman on 5 live at 8pm 5th August

positivepete

Not entirely sure what the issue with that reaction is ? Dealing purely in facts we are in a worse position now then the end of last season and its what ? 2 weeks until the big k/off ?

Whilst there is still time to bring some very able players in the upheaval in the squad will be difficult to overcome early in the season. Overall we will be ok however I personally think it will be a mid bottom finish.

I cant see how this is an unreasonable viewpoint to have ? And one thats shared with the majority of the footballing world as a whole ?

Liverpool have also had a change in their playing staff. Will they also struggle? Are you expecting a mid table finish?

Edited by sadoldgit
spelling

Surely you're not calling him a liar after him publicly saying the Club isn't for sale?

Its hard to call anyone a liar in management without knowing the full facts and decision-making process the inner team are involved in. But, we have been told by him that every penny will be reinvested from sales... and I am being consistent here, I will judge him on whether he is a liar on 1 Sep.

I think he sounds like Lowe did when we started to fail... and thats what worries me more than anything. I'd hate to go through Lowe's spin and the collapse of something good again. Koeman is all we have in my opinion. Everything we do must be to support him, I fear noone else will.

Liverpool have also had a change in their playing staff. Will they also struggle? Are you expecting a mid table finish?

Im not expecting a top 4 no, but then they have only lost one first 11 player which makes your arguement ultimately redundant. Do you disagree with the other points or just that one ?

There is a difference between players that are on the market and players that could go if the price is right. This is the same for every club. Every player has his price. He has said seveeal times that we are not selling MS or the club. If we do either then yes, by all means call him names. As things stand I dont see what your problem is.

And that doesn't take into account a club captain who had no intention of being at Saints for the start of the 14-15 season.

Didn't we agree we pulled down their pants over the fee's for Lovren and Lallana ?

Yes I think we did. But unless we spend the treasure its irrelevant. Personally, Id rather we had all of our players, Cortese and we were buying 2 more this summer to try and kick on, because before this board took the reigns thats where we were heading this summer.

Yes I think we did. But unless we spend the treasure its irrelevant. Personally, Id rather we had all of our players, Cortese and buying 2 more this summer to try and kick on, because before this board took the reigns thats where we were heading this summer.

Not really irrelevant if it allows us to secure our financial future and run the club solvently.

Even if we had all our players and Cortese the FFP rules would have prevented us from making any big signings.

No I mean the majority. When the evidence is there for us all to see how much money has been reinvested and how much better the team is, then 'we' will make an informed decision. But I can't abide spin doctor and managers who lose the customers faith - I remove them. Its basic leadership.

Lol so now you are the voice of the majority are you? Feck me you should be rolled out for an opinion not Nick Illinsworth. I think you need to go and have a word with yourself.

Great interview. Positive, articulate. Morgan and jay to stay, faith in youth, money to spend. Really reassuring stuff.

Pleat is a tosser, why does he hate if do much? Anti saints agenda

How much further up Krueger's a-hole do you think you will need to further climb?

Is yours' and small fry's personal hatred for Cortese that intense, ANY alternative is greater than the second coming!!

Pathetic turdish.

How much further up Krueger's a-hole do you think you will need to further climb?

Is yours' and small fry's personal hatred for Cortese that intense, ANY alternative is greater than the second coming!!

Pathetic turdish.

Its his 'new' little joke. Give it another 6 months to run, endlessly repetitive.

Ralph is out, in fact I've just shared a Fosters and a chat with him. Nice guy!!

Ralph's already buying fans a pint, whereas myself and a couple of thousand others are still waiting for the one Cortese owes us from Plymouth away.

Go Ralph!

Why the NC love in. He wanted to run the club as if he owned it and spend KLs money. Don't forget his banning of photographers, the fall out with the Echo and charging to park your car if you spent to long in the club shop. He sold the dream of CL football to the players and a few fans but we never had the strength in depth in the squad to get anywhere near it. We started well last year, but after a couple of injuries we fell away. Dont you remember Chelsea at home, they bring 60m of mid fielders off the bench (William and Oscar) and destroy us. All we had were Guly and a few kids. We were always miles away from the CL . Let's give the new set up a chance.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

At the time of player sales we were told all transfer income would be reinvested in the squad. Now I'm hearing Ralph still saying the same mantra but with the caveat that wages and signing on fees will come from this figure as well. I'm curious as to why this would be when we've saved the salaries from the defectors.

I trust the board and Ralph

There is a natural instinct to vent anger at someone , in this case for some it is the board

RK said no players ere for sale but suddenly a couple of clubs triggered the sell figure clause built into their contracts . That's what I thought Ralph said .

Now who put the contracts together .

Was that not the previous chairman ? Mr Cortesse by any chance ?

At the time of player sales we were told all transfer income would be reinvested in the squad. Now I'm hearing Ralph still saying the same mantra but with the caveat that wages and signing on fees will come from this figure as well. I'm curious as to why this would be when we've saved the salaries from the defectors.

It boosts our baseline for FFP in the next few seasons - as does the use of loan signings.

RK said no players ere for sale but suddenly a couple of clubs triggered the sell figure clause built into their contracts . That's what I thought Ralph said .

That's exactly what he said.

I trust the board and Ralph

There is a natural instinct to vent anger at someone , in this case for some it is the board

dont think he did

Its hard to call anyone a liar in management without knowing the full facts and decision-making process the inner team are involved in. But, we have been told by him that every penny will be reinvested from sales... and I am being consistent here, I will judge him on whether he is a liar on 1 Sep.

I think he sounds like Lowe did when we started to fail... and thats what worries me more than anything. I'd hate to go through Lowe's spin and the collapse of something good again. Koeman is all we have in my opinion. Everything we do must be to support him, I fear noone else will.

The only consistency you've shown is saying that you'll wait until September 1 before judging, when post after post after post of utter drivel shows that you reached your judgment long ago "without knowing the full facts and decision-making process the inner team are involved in."

Find me the place where Krueger or anyone else has said that all the money would be spent in this widow or by September 1.

I want to see this club succeed in the long term and I'd be livid if we blew all of that fortune this Summer in some kind of half-witted quest to appease short-sighted people who have absolutely no idea about the inner workings of Premier league football clubs.

It boosts our baseline for FFP in the next few seasons - as does the use of loan signings.

We're probably well within the limits - the alarming figures thrown around refer to overall club wages, not player wages which are considerably lower -and FFP wage restrictions apply only to them. If we're looking to boost our baseline, its arguably a very inefficient, risky and redundant strategy.

Edited by shurlock

And, if it is the case, this is the kind of stuff that us supporters do not understand. Not because we are thick. Simply because we are not privy to the information.

Edited by Ohio Saint

The only consistency you've shown is saying that you'll wait until September 1 before judging, when post after post after post of utter drivel shows that you reached your judgment long ago "without knowing the full facts and decision-making process the inner team are involved in."

Find me the place where Krueger or anyone else has said that all the money would be spent in this widow or by September 1.

I want to see this club succeed in the long term and I'd be livid if we blew all of that fortune this Summer in some kind of half-witted quest to appease short-sighted people who have absolutely no idea about the inner workings of Premier league football clubs.

agree-smilie.gif

Not sure what was achieved by going on this program. He had nothing new to say. In a way with the negative agenda almost guaranteed on these types of programs. The little sneery aside reminding listeners he is a hockey coach for instance, he is just feeding the negative spin that is currently out there around SFC. I know we want to hear him, or christ any one speaking about us in some form of positive light but would think he would be better served to stay away until he can come on after, say some very good signings to at least show that the lovely words are indeed more than that.

In my mind the time for talking is well past gone. As he says lets judge him on results and how the new team is performing, say in 6 months. Let him come back on then when hopefully he can remind us of the doubters in the close season who would hopefully all be proved wrong...........

Pathetic turdish.

Turdish :lol:

Small fry :lol:

Hatred of Cortese :lol:

Almost got a full house there pal.

Last time I checked the definition of supporter was someone who approves of and encourages.

I'm doing my part to get behind the team. What are you and your bunch of whinging banshees doing?

Not sure what was achieved by going on this program. He had nothing new to say. In a way with the negative agenda almost guaranteed on these types of programs. The little sneery aside reminding listeners he is a hockey coach for instance, he is just feeding the negative spin that is currently out there around SFC. I know we want to hear him, or christ any one speaking about us in some form of positive light but would think he would be better served to stay away until he can come on after, say some very good signings to at least show that the lovely words are indeed more than that.

In my mind the time for talking is well past gone. As he says lets judge him on results and how the new team is performing, say in 6 months. Let him come back on then when hopefully he can remind us of the doubters in the close season who would hopefully all be proved wrong...........

I guess he was expecting, at least, to have the Tadier signing to fall back on if he agreed to do this interview this morning or yesterday.

I just worry that he has mastered the patter to rationalise the "process" of our multiple sales, and soon we enter the phase of rationalising the "process" that we couldn't secure our top targets and hey, it's a difficult process and, sure, we're a little disappointed but Les Reed has been outstanding and we go with what we have created together in our rebuild process and anyway, Georgio Samaras has won the league, like, loads of times.

Some effing signings will make your job a heck of a lot easier, Ralph.

Edited by CB Fry

Simon Peach is tweeting lines from his interview, certainly seems like new info:

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach

Ralph Krueger believes it would have been an "insane risk" for HYPERLINK "/hashtag/SaintsFC?src=hash"#SaintsFC to keep a core of disgruntled players this summer

Krueger: "If a few players are disgruntled or maybe not sure about it, you can swallow that up. You can't have half the team"

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk