Neil Ashton is back...

Saint-Armstrong

Bloody hell. Schneiderlin has a real cheek - let him rot in the reserves.

Signs a new contract worth 45K per week and then claims he was told he could leave less than 12 months into said 4 year contract.

What a prize c**t he has turned into.

Agreement or not, buying club needs to first meet his valuation. No way he has a deal letting him go for a sum far under his value.

This. I'm sick of hearing the Schniederlin show roll on...let him rot in the reserves until January the little t0sser. Then stick a £25m price tag on his head and see who comes running.

Signs a new contract worth 45K per week and then claims he was told he could leave less than 12 months into said 4 year contract.

I have to agree!

He claims his 6 year journey has been ruined. Clearly he doesn't give a flying duck about the club. Its such a shame that both he and Lallana have soured my memory of the amazing journey the club has had the past 6 years.

I have to agree!

He claims his 6 year journey has been ruined. Clearly he doesn't give a flying duck about the club. Its such a shame that both he and Lallana have soured my memory of the amazing journey the club has had the past 6 years.

Don't let it mate - Nothing can take away from all the wins, promotions, survival and last season....nothing, no matter how they behave.

It's Ashton who has written this, so I wouldn't take it as gospel. Who on earth signs a 4 year contract and has it that he can leave within 12 months?

If I was the club, I would exclude Daily Mail from SMS, although I guess that that won't really achieve anything.

So … the club should be expected to honour a verbal agreement, but Morgan shouldn't have to honour a legally-binding written one? Sorry mate, but you can't have it both ways. Either agreements mean something all the time, or they mean nothing. Besides, even if you want to go to Spurs, it all kind of hinges on whether they pay a fair price. You can't claim to be good enough for a 'big club' but expect to be sold for a mid-table price. If Shane Long costs £12m, you are worth a lot more than the £10m Spurs allegedly bid.

Who on earth signs a 4 year contract and has it that he can leave within 12 months?

Not sure why people think that is strange. The four year bit is not really a commitment to play for us for four years, it's financial security for player (career threatening injury, long term salary guarantee) and club (fee inflation).

Suarez, Ronaldo and I think Beckham all signed extentions to already long contracts that were blatantly "one more year" gentleman's agreements before being allowed to go, so I have no doubt the practice is very common.

After everything that has happened it's amazing anyone still looks at a footballer's contract and thinks "well, that's them playing for us in 2017 for sure".

This article is not true and we know this because if it were to be true the people's chairman Nicola Cortese would have made this agreement and we all know how ambitious he was. We all know what he'd do when players want to leave or other clubs want them, don't we everyone.

This article is not true and we know this because if it were to be true the people's chairman Nicola Cortese would have made this agreement and we all know how ambitious he was. We all know what he'd do when players want to leave or other clubs want them, don't we everyone.

Ashton on Sunday Supplement the other day maintained that if Cortese was still here then so would be Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Lovren etc.

So slightly conflicts with verbal agreements which would not be required if players were so committed to the Don.

Also shows how big a hold Cortese has over Ashton if he actually believes it all. The other scumbag Journos laughed at him.

Expect an article by Ashton on hooveld in the next couple of days

Now we know why Morgan and hooveld went to London yesterday , not done convention but to have lunch with Ashton and dinner with our excellent ex manager who going to take his new club to new levels they have never been to before .

Well Morgan, you should have got it in writing shouldn't you. Won't make that mistake again I'll bet.

Exactly - it's called a buy out or release clause. Seems most people in Europe seem to be able to insert it in their contracts, as well as the likes of Remy and Saurez.

Not sure why people think that is strange. The four year bit is not really a commitment to play for us for four years, it's financial security for player (career threatening injury, long term salary guarantee) and club (fee inflation).

Suarez, Ronaldo and I think Beckham all signed extentions to already long contracts that were blatantly "one more year" gentleman's agreements before being allowed to go, so I have no doubt the practice is very common.

After everything that has happened it's amazing anyone still looks at a footballer's contract and thinks "well, that's them playing for us in 2017 for sure".

Exactly, the extension and higher wages increase our position regarding the transfer fee.

I suspect most of the players would have stayed if they saw the club on an upward curve.Sadly they saw a popular manager go and Reed and KRueger (a football manager does less than a hockey coach lol ) take the reins. Whilst most players are not bright they do know when the mood swings.

NC may not have kept all the players but I suspect most fans would feel had he be left in place the club would be in a rosier position

I suspect most of the players would have stayed if they saw the club on an upward curve.Sadly they saw a popular manager go and Reed and KRueger (a football manager does less than a hockey coach lol ) take the reins. Whilst most players are not bright they do know when the mood swings.

NC may not have kept all the players but I suspect most fans would feel had he be left in place the club would be in a rosier position

But he was making verbal agreements with players to let them leave, we were told about the domino effect so why would this not have happened if the man who promised they could go was still here?

I am staggered that some of you actually believe a word of that article

:mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

So you think Ashton just made it up? Went in to work and thought " I know I'll make something up about Southampton" . If that's the case then the bloke is a complete plum, if you're going to make something up, why choose Southampton?

Now I'm not saying the story is true, but somebody ( MS or his agent I would suggest) has given him this spin on the on going story.They wanted his side out as he was getting some bad pr and this was the vehicle they used.

So you think Ashton just made it up? Went in to work and thought " I know I'll make something up about Southampton" . If that's the case then the bloke is a complete plum, if you're going to make something up, why choose Southampton?

Turns out it wouldn't be the first time this newspaper has told a few porkies to sell more papers / get more people to visit their website. To be fair, there's a lot of saints fans who wouldn't normally dream of reading a mail article who will have clicked on that link without a moment's thought. Myself included

To be fair, it is true. The 4 years gave Morgan and the club security. But he would be allowed to leave if the right offer came in.

So what if it is true, if he didn't want to be here beyond 2 years, he shouldn't have signed a 4 year contract. You can't have it both ways. He needs to put up and shut up and play well on the pitch, or risk rotting and never playing for France again and at the end of 4 years, signing for Yeovil on a free.

If this agreement was in place, why didn't his agent get it put in the contract?

Come on Shirley. It was a gentleman a agreement, they all loved the Chairman and were only here because of him. He wouldn't lie to them would he or promises things he could do would he?

Come on Shirley. It was a gentleman a agreement, they all loved the Chairman and were only here because of him. He wouldn't lie to them would he?

You can imagine the scene now, indoctrinating the players and saying "we are heading for the Champions League next season" and them all lapping it up like bloody thicko robots. At the end, him saying "and hey, to show how confident I am, if we don't make it, you'll be able to leave to a club that is there"

Utter helmet. In fact, is there a term for a collection of helmets?

Now I'm not saying the story is true, but somebody ( MS or his agent I would suggest) has given him this spin on the on going story.They wanted his side out as he was getting some bad pr and this was the vehicle they used.

And this vehicle has met with almost universal derision from not only the Saints fans, but football fans from all over the place, even Spurs.

Most find it hard to accept that overpaid prima-donna footballers might have been hard done by because they claim that there was a "gentleman's agreement" promising them that they could leave a few months after signing a lengthy contract. The one who allegedly gave the promise has subsequently left, so why should the club honour a verbal contract anyway? It is the player who should have the common decency to honour his written contract.

In any event, it is extremely naive for the player to think that this so called verbal promise should be honoured at a price way below his market value. The time has now come for the club to insist that he will be fined if he doesn't train and fined if any more articles appear in the gutter press or the social media about how unhappy he is. It is either him or his agent doing this sh*t-stirring and it needs to stop right now. He needs to be told categorically by the club that if he thinks that he can force through a move because of his appalling behaviour, then he or his agent have made a bad error of judgement. He should also be reminded that we do not have to sell him for a fee acceptable to him, or indeed that we have to sell him to a club of his chosing. The club should issue a statement similar to that issued by Lambert at Villa regarding Vlaar and tell Pochettino that they deplore the tactics that Spurs are using to destabilise our player.

Turns out it wouldn't be the first time this newspaper has told a few porkies to sell more papers / get more people to visit their website. To be fair, there's a lot of saints fans who wouldn't normally dream of reading a mail article who will have clicked on that link without a moment's thought. Myself included

A handful of saints fans. Why not make something up about a man utd player, that would get more interest.

I would imagine most hacks would be trying to get MS side of the story, ringing him, contacts at saints or his agent. With his links to the previous regime it woulkdf masks sense for MS to use Ashton to put his spin on. This is not a made up story IMO. The claim maybe pony, but only if somebody has lied to Ashton. He has not made it up.

My view is there may have been an " understanding" or a nod and a wink. Nicola probably made it a grey area and hard to prove. More fool ms and his agent for not insisting on it being clear, transparent, and in writing.

The best (and funniest) case scenario would be for Pochettino to be sacked before Christmas or on the verge in the new year after an abysmal run of results, and after being knocked out of the FA Cup after a heavy home defeat by a non-league side - wonder if Organ would be so keen to join the Spurs Megaproject thereafter...

a minor addition, if I may?

If this is true what does it tell you about the way the previous CEO conducted his business. There are a bunch of people who come on here every single day and tell us how incompetent the current board are. What about telling someone who has just signed a lucrative contract that they can leave within 4 years doesnt sound like good business practice to me. Probably a crock anyway.

You can imagine the scene now, indoctrinating the players and saying "we are heading for the Champions League next season" and them all lapping it up like bloody thicko robots. At the end, him saying "and hey, to show how confident I am, if we don't make it, you'll be able to leave to a club that is there"

Yes, Sports Journalists

Somebody has been on a media charm offensive. Martin Samuel wrote a similar piece in his Daily Mail column yesterday, slagging Saints off for breaking a verbal agreement.

Somebody (probably his agent, or somebody within the Spurs camp) has obviously 'let it be known' that Schneiderlin had this gentlemen's agreement and is trying to change the agenda, garner some sympathy, and rack up the pressure on Saints.

Up to now, the main thrust of the stories have been 'disloyal, ungrateful footballer looking to walk out on a four-year contract he signed last year', but now it's subtly being changed to 'downtrodden footballer, unfortunate victim of a club who broke all their promises to him and threaten to commit him to a life of slavery.'

There is a little knot of Spurs fans at The Mail.

I believe it's a gaggle of helmets.

Expect an article by Ashton on hooveld in the next couple of days

Now we know why Morgan and hooveld went to London yesterday , not done convention but to have lunch with Ashton and dinner with our excellent ex manager who going to take his new club to new levels they have never been to before .

You really are quite strange

Isn't it ironic, the club has been shafted by (now ex) players, their agents and some might say their new clubs in a most ungentlemanly manner, yet when it comes to Morgan who is also acting in an ungentlemanly manner, the club is expected to take the moral high ground and act in a gentlemanly manner.

I have got to the stage where I don't want him ever to play for Saints again. But I hope that the club cuts it's nose off to spite it's face (to the tune of £25m or whatever) and don't acquiesce to the petulance of this player.

Isn't it ironic, the club has been shafted by (now ex) players, their agents and some might say their new clubs in a most ungentlemanly manner, yet when it comes to Morgan who is also acting in an ungentlemanly manner, the club is expected to take the moral high ground and act in a gentlemanly manner.

I have got to the stage where I don't want him ever to play for Saints again. But I hope that the club cuts it's nose off to spite it's face (to the tune of £25m or whatever) and don't acquiesce to the petulance of this player.

Get the most we can for him and the same for JRod, as he'll be pulling this stunt as soon as he's match fit.

Why does my comment make me quite strange Mr smirk

dont you understand dark humour and sarcasm

Its a comment and Im pleased it allows you to put on your bullying gloves to have a pop at another poster

Forgive him. He's depressed about Wellbeck and not himself.

That's exactly what's happened, it's fun to hate on Saints at the moment, it's obviously generating clicks and paper sales for the Daily Fail and they want to keep the gravy train rolling along, he may of received some spin from MoPo/Levy/Cortese, he may not of, Journalists make things up all the time and Journalists like Neil Ashton and Ben Smith have previous for creating articles based on no more than speculation and hearsay in regards to Saints.

Edited by BlakeySFC

Why does my comment make me quite strange Mr smirk

dont you understand dark humour and sarcasm

Its a comment and Im pleased it allows you to put on your bullying gloves to have a pop at another poster

Im really not interested in bullying viking, just found a lot of your posts recently to be hard to make out.

I suppose everyone both sides of the fence are off colour this transfer window