• Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Bertrand

On the train back from Paddington to Maidenhead.. That was absolutely fantastic and all for a tenner!

Gardos, Targett, Clyne, Tadic all superb! Solid goalkeeping from FF too - two excellent instinctive saves. There was nothing he could do about the goal which was a perfect free kick.

We played some fantastic football, it was a joy to watch. Arsenal attacked us at pace which was a bit nerve wracking at times but our defending was more than a match.

Fair play to Koeman for playing a strong team - he has been rewarded. His record managing against Wenger's Arsenal is now played 7, lost 1!

Lastly, our fans were superb tonight...over 5,000 for a Tuesday night is great support and you could see the players appreciated it!

Bring on QPR on Saturday...

Just home here in the far North London. Great performance by the team as a whole.

Schneiderlin and Pelle both yelling at Mane and Targett to keep them in position.

Given he was playing behind debutant Mane, Targett was very solid- rarely allowed anyone in behind him.

Mane is very fast but not yet tuned into everyone else, and needs to close people down.

Only really opened up twice and Forster made 2 cracking saves.

There was never really a sense that Arsenal were on top, or that we were hanging on.

Brilliant shirt-pull by Pelle on Wilshere late on to stop a breakaway.

Gardos and Fonte never allowed a sniff of trouble- both very assured.

Davis was doing all the quiet dirty work in the middle, and got forward- very underrated.

No-one had a bad game.

Arsenal fans were a real disappointment; Saints end was by far the loudest part of the ground.

COYR!

That was a very enjoyable 1st visit to the Emirates :)

Whole team played fantastic and we thoroughly deserved the win.

I wasn't even worried when I saw 4 minutes added on, as we were looking the more likely to score all 2nd half.

Took the wife and both kids this time and it was a top value night out :) :) :)

We are going to be lethal when J Rod is fit!

On the coach back to Liverpool. Excellent game, although I was in row 4, so didn't have the best view. Mane gets about the pitch like he has been injected with adrenaline. If he can pull Arsenal around like that, can't wait to see what he does to other teams.

Good to meet Unbelievable Jeff and adriansfc's mate Simon. The two nippers in row 4 were sound as a pound too.

Great game. Bring them on. All of them.

just back from the game...awesome performance against a spirited Arsenal who wanted the result.

My MoM is Steven Davis. We controlled the game thanks to the dominance in the middle of the park and he was at the heart of everything good. So composed and assured. Close runner up was Clyne...so solid and a valuable creative channel coming forward.

Have to admit to being mildly underwhelmed by new man Mane...bit lacking in physical presence and went to ground too easily. That said in the right areas you can see he will be a threat and he obviously drew the key penalty. Koeman nearly left his substitution too late and Shane was definitely the right man at the right time. Very, very early days so i almost feel guilty passing judgement...

Shrewsbury at home in the next round please....

Don't know what I could add to this that hasn't been said.

On the train home now and absolutely buzzing!! Could have ended 2-5. Thought our centre backs were outstanding when under pressure.

Quality travelling fans. Just shows what sensible ticket pricing can do.

I'm so proud. I can't remember the last time I saw a team look so determined to win a League Cup match. And the reaction from the players at the end said it all, we're in this to win it!! Could do with a few big boys getting knocked out and a fortunate draw and you never know.

My one concern is those players put everything into that so just hope they're up for the QPR game.

Just back to Ascot. Superb game, end to end, quick tempo. All the players deserve great credit. Well played Targett, but MoM for me had to be Tadic. He was outstanding, not just in his vision and skills but in his work rate. He really covered a lot of ground tonight.

Hats off to Koeman. He has instilled a winning mentality in the team, and he clearly reads the game well, his adjustments to the shape and rotation through the game shows a man who understands the game at the highest level. We not only come back from behind but we close out games. I am sure there will be some downs to go with the ups this season, but what a season it is already shaping up to be. We play open, confident, positive football. Great to watch. Get down there if you haven't seen them this season.

Just got back. The support was amazing. Brilliant atmosphere, it felt like a special night from when we arrived. Near silence from the Arse supporters for most of the match haha, but to be expected I guess. But everyone really got behind the team and they really appreciated it.

Brilliant team performance I thought, not that many mistakes, excellent performances by Gardos (some really important interceptions, blocks and excellent clearing, plus he just seems to appear in the right place at the right time. Our defense is scary atm!), Clyne (nothing more needs said, the goal was nuts!), Targett (very very impressed, looking forward to seeing more of this lad) and Mane (gave them real trouble all night, kept getting behind their defense, and as a result got the penalty. This guy is quick. Excited to see more of him. And then we have Long off the bench who is no slouch himself...). Tadic was also excellent, scored a very good penalty and was impressive. Everyone else was also very good as usual.

Apart from the player performances the other excellent thing apart from the win is that it was from a goal down, and even better, a goal down against Arsenal at the Emirates. Really promising stuff. This team is built of sterner stuff than the last and with a stronger manager I think. Plus technically we are very very impressive, some amazing football was performed by us this evening. A lot of nifty defending and brilliant attacking. A joy to watch. Some of the balls played are sublime. Its early but... I reckon we could be in with a good shout of some silverware if we get a good draw and we play like that. :p

Bring on QPR this Saturday! (Met a QPR fan on the way to the Arse game, he predicted we're going to smoke them... funny that :p but you never know!!).

Watched the game in Barbados, cheered me up no end after two days of the s**ts. Thought the whole team was great although Davis could do with some finishing practice that's at least two clear chances he has missed but hey ho. Back in time for Saturday and 3 more points !!

Wow! What an evening, what a performance! That was real team play. Loved the fact Pelle ran back to challenge Wiltshire in the 92nd minute, OK he got booked but that type of commitment is superb.Fonte has spped another gear since grabbing the captains armband. Gardos was calmness himself. Targett was assured, Clyne was excellent. Schneiderlin was majestic. Tadic is high quality.

I think Jay may really enjoy playing with Pelle, some of his link up play is first class. Mane looked like he could be good. Koeman deserves much praise for swapping wings for him. Looked far more dangerous on the left.

Amazingly I didn't feel worried in that last 10 minutes, we were so composed I couldn't see Arsenal scoring.

I could write loads more but it's late and I'm tired, although still bouncing about the performance and result.

Oh and great effort from the fans!

I have to say I was very impressed with the emirates, but I suppose that is what you get for the extra few hundred million. I liked the seating arrangement - seemed to basically be laid out like safe standing would be and they all seemed fine with that. Probably about time they legalised safe standing rather than continuing it de facto as it is at the mo.

I have to say I was very impressed with the emirates, but I suppose that is what you get for the extra few hundred million. I liked the seating arrangement - seemed to basically be laid out like safe standing would be and they all seemed fine with that. Probably about time they legalised safe standing rather than continuing it de facto as it is at the mo.

I thought the access arrangements were poor. The transport arrangements were overloaded and the queues at the turnstiles were all caused by the security frisking. Nowhere near enough toilets either.

I thought the access arrangements were poor. The transport arrangements were overloaded and the queues at the turnstiles were all caused by the security frisking. Nowhere near enough toilets either.

Yeah got to agree missed the first 5 minutes despite turning up at 7:25...got to the turnstile and they were body searching everyone. Absolute joke. Didn't matter in the end mind

Fair enough - I got there with 30 mins to spare so had a more smooth walk up where I could just admire the architecture - and the seating arrangements as I already said! Didn't have too much trouble coming back as walked to Islington and Highbury Tube and that was fine. To Arsenal station on the Piccadilly line on the way up was a bit of a squeeze though.

Watched the game in Barbados, cheered me up no end after two days of the s**ts. Thought the whole team was great although Davis could do with some finishing practice that's at least two clear chances he has missed but hey ho. Back in time for Saturday and 3 more points !!

Ahhh too much Banks?

For those there, how was the team interaction with Mane? He didn't seem to celebrate the PK but did for Clyne's.

Great game, bar the bloody Arabic commentating! Mane looked excellent, just needs to stay on his feet more and it looks like him and Tadic is going to be a deadly wing combination. Targett was better than I thought he'd be, Pelle can backheel like an absolute boss and Gardos was very solid and a marked improvement on Yoshida

I had the foreign language commentary on silence and over-played the commentary by Adam Blackmore and Dave Merrington via saintsplayer. This time the Solent commentary was in step with the video feed, only sometimes it runs out of sync. The defence was very solid, Fonte playing really well. As for Targett - good competition for Bertrand and all could easily make us forget Shaw.

What a game - still buzzing this morning. Team looked a league above last season's - really classy, confident play. Targett - super confident. Mane looked on fire. Just a shame Pelle didn't score. Hodgson, please don't pick Clyne for England!!

Nice to meet Bucks Saint too - really nice guy.

Emirates is an amazing stadium to see such a beautiful team to play in!

A great result and superb performance.

Mané looked unbelievably quick over 5 yards. He's going to provide the real pace that we've been missing. I thought that he might have been guilty of trying to beat his man a little too often (not a euphemism), when instead he could have passed and used his pace to get into space.

Then again Bellerin; the defender he was up against, has just broken the Arsenal record for 40 metre sprint (previously held by Walcott, and Henry before him). So perhaps against less rapid defenders he will have more joy.

I thought our CM 3 / 4 were stunning. Interchanging, pressing as a group, tackling, finding space. Absolutely superb. We totally stifled their passing game until Oxlade-Chamberlain came when they tried to create width, but we then showed great team-effort to hold on.

Tadic was my MotM. He looks to have a pretty complete game to be honest.

Sitting on a train to London. Anyone got any suggestions for wiping this large fixed grin off my face? Starting to get some strange looks :)

Explain to that propa-norty-lookin' Arsenal fan opposite you that you're laughing at his penis (by proxy).

That should do the trick.

What a great night! Quality all over the pitch and in the stands. Our midfield 3 of Morgan, Big Vic and Davis were brilliant, Tadic really impressive not just for his skill but also his workrate. Mane was exciting, really quick and aggressive but wasn't quite on the same wavelength as everyone else at times - not surprising though! Also he got caught on the ball a few times and you could see he'd come from a slower league, but he'll be fine once he's actually had some training and match time! Targett was rock solid except for a miscommunication close to the end when someone got in down the right. Voted for Clyney as he didn't do a thing wrong all night despite having Podolski and Sanchez in his zone a lot, and what a strike!

And good to meet stardustonmyfeet from this forum! Good luck with your 3-mile open water swim, better you than me :)

What a game.

Fair play to Arsenal for the ticket prices which certainly helped make it such a great game. If we get a home tie I would hope we also opt for such a sensible structure and get a full house.

Most things already said about the game but:

1. Targett was excellent, especially his passing and composure on the ball.

2. Gardos looked a very, very good centre back and to be honest looked better than Maya. Certainly no issues if he plays a lot of games.

3. Mane looked like a maverick. Slippery eel who will wind other teams up because he goes down so, so easily. Once we beat that out of him we will have a great asset because he is quick, direct and skillful. One classic in the second half where he beat a man, had the chance to run on towards the box and relieve some pressure and instead did some kind of showboat trick and then just passed backwards. Haha.

Really look a class team though, and the most praise must go to the Manager for treating the competition seriously. We have enough quality to make a small number of changes in certain positions and still win, so we should be strong for every remaining cup tie this season now.

Fair enough - I got there with 30 mins to spare so had a more smooth walk up where I could just admire the architecture - and the seating arrangements as I already said! Didn't have too much trouble coming back as walked to Islington and Highbury Tube and that was fine. To Arsenal station on the Piccadilly line on the way up was a bit of a squeeze though.

Getting there on the Piccadilly Line was hot, crowded and slow. It took me over an hour to get into the ground from leaving Covent Garden, not helped by the station there being closed for access. I didn't fancy queuing again to get back so I ended up walking to Kings Cross. My legs ache this morning. :(

Massively enjoyed that.

We were so strong all over the pitch and even coped comfortably in the last 15 minutes when we started defending a bit deeper.

Mane looked exactly what we need, although he'll have to cut out the predictable diving before I completely warm to him. I really can't stand players throwing themselves to the ground theatrically every time someone gets near them. Stay on your feet lad, use your skill and pace to beat them instead.

Would love Fulham away in the next round, and another 5000 Saints fans in London.