• Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Bertrand

The more I see of Morgan Schneiderlin the more I think there isn't enough money to buy him.

Not only does he make his unique four-lung physical contribution over some 60-80 yards of midfield responsibility.

He's also the organizer - pointing other players to their marking assignments and 'forcing' players into danger spaces by playing passes into them.

If he can keep chipping in with the occasional goal he'll become the best midfielder in the PL, if he isn't already.

The more I see of Morgan Schneiderlin the more I think there isn't enough money to buy him.

Not only does he make his unique four-lung physical contribution over some 60-80 yards of midfield responsibility.

He's also the organizer - pointing other players to their marking assignments and 'forcing' players into danger spaces by playing passes into them.

If he can keep chipping in with the occasional goal he'll become the best midfielder in the PL, if he isn't already.

Exactly is, he is the rolls royce engine in this team. Surely we cant keep hold of him forever ?

What a player he is though, simply exceptional.

Ive been saying he is our best player since league 1, and I honestly dont think he is far off the best midfielder in the prem, certainly in his position.

I have to commend Morgan for his professionalism on dealing with everything as well, we all know he wanted out in the summer,he didn't,but he has got his head down and shown the same level of commitment that he always has,we keep playing like this and he will want a new contract,no player will be leaving us now with the old "no ambition" excuse :lol:

How good was that? Great effort by the fans despite the stadium being built to kill atmosphere.

Right tactics, right team, everyone fighting for each other. Mané and Targett were sharp.

Only thing that surprised me was Koeman kept Wanyama on. He drifted well out of the game and we needed the impetus of Long AND Cork

How good was that? Great effort by the fans despite the stadium being built to kill atmosphere.

Right tactics, right team, everyone fighting for each other. Mané and Targett were sharp.

Only thing that surprised me was Koeman kept Wanyama on. He drifted well out of the game and we needed the impetus of Long AND Cork

Cork starts sat then

On way back. Amazing game. The goal from Clyne was absolutely stunning. Arsenal to be fair were a bit scarey but we played really well. Better team and better football even than last season. Looking forward to seeing more of mane. He's going to put the fear up some defences. Looks like he has a whole bag of tricks. Roll on Saturday. Something special happening again. Unreal

Most important is that we finished the match with no injuries or sending offs.

I am glad we played on a Tuesday night, hope we have not exhausted the team for the game against QPR. Three points at this stage in the season has to be the main prize.

Oh my aching sides you really are hilarious.

Do your stuff about needing 45 points to stay up again, that is solid gold comedy trolling it really is.

Surprising that Wenger has actually given us credit

Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 9m

Wenger: "I cannot fault the attitude. The reason we lost is because of our opponent's performance. It is not the players' fault" #AFCvSFC

Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 10m

Boss: "You have to give credit to Southampton. They are a good side and they played very well tonight" #AFCvSFC

Surprising that Wenger has actually given us credit

Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 9m

Wenger: "I cannot fault the attitude. The reason we lost is because of our opponent's performance. It is not the players' fault" #AFCvSFC

Arsenal FC @Arsenal · 10m

Boss: "You have to give credit to Southampton. They are a good side and they played very well tonight" #AFCvSFC

Best part is he's right. Arsenal weren't bad at all, though you could tell it wasn't their first team. Only Podolski and the defence really let them down, though Sanchez only redeemed his awful delivery with that free kick.

Great result, but surely some people are getting a little carried away. Arsenal were poor, we should've been miles ahead by half time. Mane looks like another Mayuka, runs until he gets brought down - apart from one decent back heel we saw little evidence of a final ball. I love Koeman and I love this team but I really wish we could get Tadic on the ball more, he really is sublime but I often feel the game passes him by as we seem intent on hoofing the ball to Pelle.

MOTM for me was Forster, made the difference when we really needed him. Gardos looked solid. Can't wait for JayRod to replace Long.

Am I the only person who likes Long then? A more than decent squad player in my eyes. He isn't going to score 20 in a season, but he has good all-round ability and works hard. I'm pleased we've signed him.

I didn't watch the entire game but I was particularly impressed with Clyne, Fonte, Schneiderlin, Tadic and Pelle. Pelle gets motm for pulling back Wilshere (I think) at the end of the game, loved how much that wound up Wenger and Wilshere.

I don't particularly want it to happen, but if Clyne doesn't get a call up, I'll stop supporting England. It's beyond dumb that he isn't in the team.

The key for me for our win was the amazing way our midfield seemed to nearly always augment the defensive line and make it 5 across the field at the same time that Pelle came back and made a 5-pine midfield in front of the back-line: a 1-5-5 defensive line that very quickly broke forward and caused Arsenal problems up front.

Clyne's shot was, I think, measured at 25 metres per second; that's very, very fast btw.

Pool v Boro is still going on 13: 13 as I send this in.

Best part is he's right. Arsenal weren't bad at all, though you could tell it wasn't their first team. Only Podolski and the defence really let them down, though Sanchez only redeemed his awful delivery with that free kick.

It seems clear that Wenger admires the club, the way it develops young players and our playing style. We're trying to do a lot of the things he believes in, but within a much tighter budget.

On your point about their defence, they were certainly rather inexperienced but they are also very quick. Their senior defenders might actually have had a bigger problem with our movement.

Gotta love it. Going toe to toe with Arsenal at the Emirates, bringing on 12m subs, another youngun coming through the ranks, 5 in a row. Does it get any better than this? Well I suppose there's a couple of scores to settle with some ex-managers which could make it 7 and then a couple of home games against Sunderland and Stoke. It might get better, you never know!!!

Well, that was some performance, particularly in the first half. Like other teams this season, we managed to exploit Arsenal leaving lots of space behind the full backs. Had we had better finishing, it wouldn't have been close.

For those who say Mane is like Mayuka, what game were they watching!? I thought he was fast, but more than that, that he was skilful and that he looked a threat. We'll see over time, but I think he could give this team what it needs, which is pace making diagonal runs (which will be buttressed by J-Rod's return).

Also, we didn't look flustered when Arsenal were attacking in waves; there was no panic, no rush to clear and no hoofing. That's pretty impressive and down to the coaching as much as it was down to the players.

All in all, a great win. Now let's do the 'easy' part and beat QPR.

Well, that was some performance, particularly in the first half. Like other teams this season, we managed to exploit Arsenal leaving lots of space behind the full backs. Had we had better finishing, it wouldn't have been close.

For those who say Mane is like Mayuka, what game were they watching!? I thought he was fast, but more than that, that he was skilful and that he looked a threat. We'll see over time, but I think he could give this team what it needs, which is pace making diagonal runs (which will be buttressed by J-Rod's return).

Also, we didn't look flustered when Arsenal were attacking in waves; there was no panic, no rush to clear and no hoofing. That's pretty impressive and down to the coaching as much as it was down to the players.

All in all, a great win. Now let's do the 'easy' part and beat QPR.

Mayuka won a penalty for us on his debut v Villa I seem to remember. Coincidence?

That was absolutely brilliant. Before today I was still somewhat sceptical that we were up to the standard of last season, but that was a really top performance, although arsenal weren't at their best. Hard to pick out a MOM, but Pelle was always available as an outlet and brought others into play very well. Not a bad night for £10.

Mayuka won a penalty for us on his debut v Villa I seem to remember. Coincidence?

Yes - a definite coincidence ;) I don't want to praise Mane too highly, but he looks like he has close control and skill and the confidence to take players on, which can throw a defence out of kilter. So I think any comparisons are flattering to Mayuka

I'm glad its not just me then, I thought Sanchez looked pathetic apart from the freekick. And I wasn't keen on his card-waving antics either.

Thought Targett had a great game, and as for Tadic..... well, he's starting to look like the best buy of the window, by anybody. What a player.

Great game!

Thought we were outstanding, Tadic is utterly superb. Shout out to Mane who looks an absolute live-wire and Matty Targett who looked class.

As an aside, good to meet AdrianSFC's mate Simon and Pap tonight, good to meet you lads. Now sat on the train behind 2 well fit lezzers who are proper going for it. I'm waiting for the finger banging to start.

If Carlsberg did evenings...

WHAT A NIGHT! Just got in. Amazing atmosphere and great game. Clyne goal was unbelievable. Thought Pelle, Tadic, Davis and Wanyama were sensational, and encouraging debut from Mane..

Finally what a ground to watch football and Arsenal fans were gracious in defeat. Can't wait for another Tuesday night there in December! BOO YA!

Only the third time we have beaten Arsenal at their home ever in all competitions? That alone makes this an historic occasion that will be talked about and remembered for years to come. After only 5 league matches and two cup matches, it is still comparatively early days to reach any firm conclusions about the team and the manager, but those early indications are suggestive that we have an exceptional manager and some really good players. Also, surprisingly considering the number of key players who left in the Summer, the team spirit amongst those who remained allied to those replacements who came in seems fantastic. It really is a seamless transition and a continuation of a very similar style of play and the positive mental attitude that doesn't accept defeat even when they go behind in a match.

Psychologically, we now have an advantage to take to Arsenal when we play them there in the league and even if they have two or three players back as first choice, so do we, with the potential improvement from Mane and the possibility of having Rodriguez back. We are still learning to bed in the new players, who can only get better.

Without doubt, our second place in the division and now knocking Arsenal out of the cup is starting to cause some waves and to get people to sit up and take notice of us. Koeman's approach though is spot on. Take every game one at time, don't take anything for granted and respect your oposition, whatever their position in the table.