Daily Express linking Saints with Ashley Young

TopGun

Perhaps RK is looking to increase the penalty count? ;)

Maybe, but how many of those penalties were awarded just because of the shirt he wears and the venue? And even if we got more penalties, we have lost our master-blaster penalty taker, so not even worthwhile bringing him in to coach diving.

I doubt he would be able to get anything near that level for his next contract even as a free agent, unless his agent is fantastic or is a mate of Harry.

Would be fascinated to know how many players actually take cuts (that is when age is not a factor). but agree, at £90k, I doubt anyone would sign him.

No chance, just agent talk. Might be one of the wingers we considered before Mane, but we have plenty of options now.

Still think Young could be good with a new start anyway, but he'll probably focus mainly on money and waste his talent.

This.

When he was at villa he looked a promising young player. Since he went to Man U the only thing that looks promising is his bank account. Shame really but he's not the first and certainly won't be the last.

Is he?? Christ, that's scary, I still considered him to be "young with time to develop" ... wow, time has flown!!

I kind of thought that too but then he was in Watford's Premier League team and that was a good 8 years ago now.

I can't believe he is 2 years older than Lennon who seems to have been around since the dawn of time. I remember him playing for Leeds in the Prem.