Saints vs Everton build-up

trousers

[video=youtube_share;O3GCvxaUA9k]

Martinez: "I don't assess Southampton in their current moment of form. I assess them over what they have done all season. They are a joy to watch. I am impressed and not impressed with the job Ronald Koeman has done. I know how good of a manager he is. But he has adapted quickly."

Que?

Edit: just watched the video and he meant "I'm impressed but I'm not surprised with the job Koeman has done"

Edited by trousers

Hate the thought of bringing Toby out of defence. It makes it so much weaker! But then midfield looks weak too!

Still can't believe Wanyama and Morgan got bookings in that game. Personally I'd have made sure they (or at least one of them) got booked towards the end of the Burnley game to give them a rest against Shef Utd and also get them over that 5 booking threshold.

What about Gardos or Maya in DM?

Can Gardos play after being sent off Tuesday? I hate the idea of Toby not at the back, I dont like the idea of the Mane/Long/Pelle front three which hasnt worked either.Lets get Davis back in the attacking midfield role, and Tadic on the left where he started the season so well. I am not a fan of Yoshida but Toby is the only player available that can transition the play anywhere near as well as Morgan and thats what has brought our full backs into play so well - we have missed this in the previous games. He also gives us strength. Having said that for me its:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Bertrand

Toby JWP

Davis

Long Pelle Tadic

Subs: Davis, Mane, Mayuka, Reed, Targett, Seager, McQueen/Isgrove

Can Gardos play after being sent off Tuesday? I hate the idea of Toby not at the back, I dont like the idea of the Mane/Long/Pelle front three which hasnt worked either.Lets get Davis back in the attacking midfield role, and Tadic on the left where he started the season so well. I am not a fan of Yoshida but Toby is the only player available that can transition the play anywhere near as well as Morgan and thats what has brought our full backs into play so well - we have missed this in the previous games. He also gives us strength. Having said that for me its:

Forster

Toby JWP

Davis

Long Pelle Tadic

I had no idea Gardos had been sent off. So no, he won't be able to play either.

Forster

Toby JWP

Davis

Long Pelle Tadic

If Davis is fit then this will probably be the team you'd think, though I'd expect Davis rather than JWP to occupy the holiding role.

So much is riding on Pelle for this one but sadly I can't see anything other than an Everton win to nil.

Hate the thought of bringing Toby out of defence. It makes it so much weaker! But then midfield looks weak too!

Still can't believe Wanyama and Morgan got bookings in that game. Personally I'd have made sure they (or at least one of them) got booked towards the end of the Burnley game to give them a rest against Shef Utd and also get them over that 5 booking threshold.

What about Gardos or Maya in DM?

Given the circumstances and the experience of our manager you could almost think that they did it expressly, OK they miss Everton but it leaves them in the clear for the end of year 3 matches in 6 days shift. Gardos is suspended 3 games.

Given the circumstances and the experience of our manager you could almost think that they did it expressly, OK they miss Everton but it leaves them in the clear for the end of year 3 matches in 6 days shift. Gardos is suspended 3 games.

Gardos 3 games? Only 1 for a professional foul I thought.

BBC says Tadic, Pelle and Davis all out,

Saints Twitter feed - Tadic out, Pelle and Davis should be fit.

So which is it?!

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 17m 17 minutes ago

Koeman says Dušan Tadić is out of Saturday's game, while Steven Davis and @GPelle19 are doubtful. #saintsfc

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 17m 17 minutes ago

Koeman says Dušan Tadić is out of Saturday's game, while Steven Davis and @GPelle19 are doubtful. #saintsfc

Bit of a dilemma for Koeman..... Does he field our strongest possible line up and thus play players that aren't 100% fit or does he err on the side of longer term caution and play a less experienced but 100% fit team? Tricky one, especially on the back of 4 defeats in a row.

Bit of a dilemma for Koeman..... Does he field our strongest possible line up and thus play players that aren't 100% fit or does he err on the side of longer term caution and play a less experienced but 100% fit team? Tricky one, especially on the back of 4 defeats in a row.

If they are all really struggling then don't risk them. Give them the weekend off and get them right for Palace which is now becoming a pretty huge game for us when you considering our fixtures following it

I know that it has been shown recently that our squad is too small, but even Chelsea or City would struggle with that many injured and suspended!

Could be our youngest bench since Wotte was in charge.

I'm just hoping for a miracle, like when we played the Boro team that had Ravanelli and Juhinnio et all with Neil Maddison filling in at Centre Halve. Some of the kids are really going to have to step up for this one.

I know that it has been shown recently that our squad is too small, but even Chelsea or City would struggle with that many injured and suspended!

Could be our youngest bench since Wotte was in charge.

I'm just hoping for a miracle, like when we played the Boro team that had Ravanelli and Juhinnio et all with Neil Maddison filling in at Centre Halve. Some of the kids are really going to have to step up for this one.

Was that the game that a young Matt Oakley came on for Robbie Slater who got a really bad injury, ran the show and Neil Moss saved a penalty from Ravenelli? We had lost a few at that point I seem to recall, a similar result Saturday would do wonders.

Pelle has to play even if it means missing Palace. We'll have victor and Morgan back for that one and maybe Tadic. Part of playing in English football is playing with knocks and when you're tired. Lambert didn't miss too many and provided playing is not going to put him out for weeks Pelle needs to play through whatever knock he's got.

If they are all really struggling then don't risk them. Give them the weekend off and get them right for Palace which is now becoming a pretty huge game for us when you considering our fixtures following it

Talking of the Palace game...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-stars-are-granted-their-wish-as-pitch-will-be-relaid-9932967.html

Crystal Palace have finally decided to act on warnings from their players about the state of the pitch at Selhurst Park by announcing they will relay the turf.

Joe Ledley was the latest Palace star to moan about the poor condition of the playing surface following a similar complaint from James McArthur, while manager Neil Warnock has admitted that work on the pitch “can’t come soon enough for the players”.

The turf was left badly cut up after last weekend’s game with Stoke and the club revealed today that ground work will take place after their Boxing Day clash with Southampton.

“It is like treading on sand at the moment,” said Warnock.

Edited by trousers

so worst case line up looks like this then?

--------------Foster---------------------

Clyne-----Fonte--- Yoshida ----Target

---------Toby ------W-Prowse---------

Mane -------- --Reed ----------Bertrand

------------------Long------------------

so worst case line up looks like this then?

--------------Foster---------------------

Clyne-----Fonte--- Yoshida ----Target

---------Toby ------W-Prowse---------

Mane -------- --Reed ----------Bertrand

------------------Long------------------

EDIT: Forster!

F*cking tired! Good job they don't have to do 12 hour night shifts.

Been clear for a month or so that Tadic has been struggling so its probably the right call to take him out for a week or so. Of we get a better set of performances from him in the next 10 games he plays than the previous 10 it will have been a good call.

Pay me £40k a week and I guarantee you will never see me moan about being tired.

You train for a few hours everyday and have to run around for 90 mins on a Saturday.....with the best facilities at your disposal,I cant get my head round this "burn out " that you hear all the time.

Pay me £40k a week and I guarantee you will never see me moan about being tired.

You train for a few hours everyday and have to run around for 90 mins on a Saturday.....with the best facilities at your disposal,I cant get my head round this "burn out " that you hear all the time.

it is because the dutch league is very weak and do they have a winter break?

it is because the dutch league is very weak and do they have a winter break?

It should never, ever be forgotten that Steve De Ridder was a star in the Dutch league. The intensity of the PL is what does for them, it's 95 minutes effort every time, there are no easy games where you can slack off and let it slide a bit and nothing changes.