Saints vs Everton build-up

trousers

Quoted for fun, and to ensure the edit function doesn't ruin it.

So what you're saying is that Koeman's leaving Reed out because he can't grow a decent beard?

What a hypocrite.

That post is stupid enough even without the facial hair. He is basically saying that if a 19 year old isn't ready for first team action then our academy isn't good enough.

You seem remarkably well informed this morning Richard, in fact you're on fire, first the bombshell that Mané only cost 4 million £ instead of the 10 million that most accepted as the transfer fee and now that HR has might have serious technical fault and is unplayable in certain circumstances...could well believe you on both counts, Mané looks like a 4 million £ player and Reed, well I guess we might find out tomorrow.

I was wrong about Mane, big deal. I had just woken up and in my head I guess he is becoming a £4million player.

All players have strengths and weaknesses. I don't expect RK to list them in interviews because it would help the opposition. I'm looking forward to seeing what Reed can do tomorrow.

Honestly reckon how well we do tomorrow hangs on whether Pelle is fit. Against Sheffield we put Long up front but failed to adjust our tactics, leaving us out of ideas once the long (pardon the pun) ball didn't work. With Pelle back and pretty much full strength defence I could see us getting something out of this game - Everton have been poor this year.

Honestly reckon how well we do tomorrow hangs on whether Pelle is fit. Against Sheffield we put Long up front but failed to adjust our tactics, leaving us out of ideas once the long (pardon the pun) ball didn't work. With Pelle back and pretty much full strength defence I could see us getting something out of this game - Everton have been poor this year.

except that they won their Europa league including Wolfsburg.. they had injuries early on and it really depends whether McCarthy is fit.. they sorely miss his presence in defensive midfield.

Jay Rodriguez is in a worse state than the club are letting on, it seems. According to this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/19/southampton-everton-match-preview

he is all knee? Going to be a bit **** at football for the foreseeable then, no?

"Injured Cork (ankle, Jan), Gallagher (26 Dec), Hesketh (26 Dec), Rodriguez (all knee, Jan), Tadic (calf, 26 Dec)"

I note that SA and DC aren't on that list. Just shows how efficient they are compared to Pelle

No it doesnt, thats rubbish, it shows that the guy tracks back and does more defensive work than them, its distance miles covered, no more, no less.

If you saw the MNF feature when we were on our good run Neville and Carragher highlighted the work done by Pelle with tracking back etc.

I note that SA and DC aren't on that list. Just shows how efficient they are compared to Pelle

or just that they have played less games. Assuming DC is Diego Costa, he has played 10 league games, Aguero has played 14 (although he has gone off injured in at least two of those). If Costa had run as many miles as Pelle in 10 games he would be on 62.

Pelle was good in the United game at telling the other forward players where to be and who to track etc

He spent a great deal of that shouting/getting wound up at mane.

He appears to lead the line well. Even without much service. He does miss chances though. Easy chances.

That said, our crossing has been poor lately and our corners have been criminal

Very few CFs dominate Distin in the air, it's on the ground that you need to get at Everton, then again Mané vs Coleman, might just be a no contest.

Distin has been pretty dreadful this year, wouldn't surprise me to see us put a lot of balls in to put pressure on the two of them. Coleman also isn't the best defensively, same goes for Baines really.

Distin has been pretty dreadful this year, wouldn't surprise me to see us put a lot of balls in to put pressure on the two of them. Coleman also isn't the best defensively, same goes for Baines really.

We shall see at 10 to 5 ish no doubt, I think you're vastly underating good players but let's wait and see.