Long injured

cellone

We are reliant on Pelle for the way we play the ball forward even when he is not scoring.

I agree. Pelle give us more than just goals, he defends, he hits the woodwork alot, and other teams put two players on his and are always watching him as, they make the same assumption that you do, that taking him out of the game means we don't score. But we do as it gives other the chance at goal. His ability to pass the ball on also helps.

But I am selfish in that I would like another striking option, but that ius just me.

I wish Shane a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to get Mane back now. If he comes back showing the same form he did before leaving for the ACON we'll still have a great chance of finishing high.

If we can get 10 games or so out of JRod that was be a bonus but I'm not hopeful of seeing him this season.

Hope Shane recovers quick - he does add something to the team and Ron seems to know how best to use him.

Echo quoting Koeman as saying Long has broken ribs and is out for a while. Forward wise we really are down to our bare bones

OUCH !

We shouldn't laugh. I damaged my ribs some years ago, and asked the doctor what sort of discomfort I might expect ...and what sort of recovery time?

He said it starts to hurt more after a couple of weeks, but I'd only feel pain ....when I laughed, moved ....or breathed ! :lol: (he was right). No joke, though.

What does his chest tattoo say, in case of operation cut here?

I can read it v.easily, it seems to be Re: Baby Jesus:

Infant Jesus meek and mild

look on me a little child

Pity mine and pity me

suffer me to come to Thee

Heart of Jesus I adore Thee

heart of Mary I implore thee

heart of Joseph pure and just (lol how they're running out of room + cram together!)

in these three hearts

I place my trust

Anon (i think, tho Amen would prob make more sense)

Edited by Bearsy

i withdraw all my comments

I fully support Shane Long & share his love for Baby Jesus, or as he calls Him, Infant Jesus :thumbup: I think it's cool that he likes Baby Jesus, because Baby Jesus is Innocent and Christmas, and not caught up in the Controversies that tormented poor Grown Up Jesus on the Cross :(

i withdraw all my comments

I fully support Shane Long & share his love for Baby Jesus, or as he calls Him, Infant Jesus :thumbup: I think it's cool that he likes Baby Jesus, because Baby Jesus is Innocent :(

I preferred him in his ODB persona, to be honest.

If he is healthy, Toby will play striker.

Hmmmm as good as he'd be I think he'd be better off as a front sweeper behind Wanyama and Morgan ahead of Yoshida and Fonte. This would enable Clyne and Ryan to be running backs overloading the flanks and allowing Mane and Elia to both operate as False 9s rotating between that and in the hole. Id also like to see JWP used more in the quarter back role, using his passing ability to pick out the runs of our running backs and false 9s with long, angled passes in behind the opposition de-fence back line.

I would expect the plaster on his side is where the chest drain is.

Until the lung is fully inflated he will use an Oxygen mask.

Shane is going through a very difficult time.

He will try and over breath, which makes you panic.

I ended up having a panic attack in similar circumstances.

Again my thoughts are with Shane.

Think thats just reflection from the cuff round his arm. It isn't a drain, for starters its going up.

In my experience it can go up a bit, as long as the end is lower than the beginning. It drains air not fluid. But I agree I can't see any evidence of a chest drain in that pic.

Hmmmm as good as he'd be I think he'd be better off as a front sweeper behind Wanyama and Morgan ahead of Yoshida and Fonte. This would enable Clyne and Ryan to be running backs overloading the flanks and allowing Mane and Elia to both operate as False 9s rotating between that and in the hole. Id also like to see JWP used more in the quarter back role, using his passing ability to pick out the runs of our running backs and false 9s with long, angled passes in behind the opposition de-fence back line.

Who's going to fit into the clean up spot in our lineup then and will they have the patience not to swing their foot at the first ball they see?

My mrs is a recovery nurse and just had a look at this picture. She says the dressing on Shanes right side could be a drain, but thinks it more likely that its a dressing to keep his oxygen tube in place.

She also wanted to know "what makes it so f*cking important."

Wimmin, eh?