Fraser Forster ruled out for up to twelve months with a damaged patellar tendon

Saint-Armstrong

Peter cech. A genuinely world class keeper being kept out by one of the few genuinely world class young keepers in the game

His wages would be huge. He will still want to challenge for champions league and domestic titles.

He is not going to consider southampton this summer. Not when we wont be able to keep clyne etc anyway

Peter cech. A genuinely world class keeper being kept out by one of the few genuinely world class young keepers in the game

His wages would be huge. He will still want to challenge for champions league and domestic titles.

He is not going to consider southampton this summer. Not when we wont be able to keep clyne etc anyway

That and he's still 30-31, he could have another 8 years at the top of his game. He'll be going to Arsenal I reckon.

@SimonPeach: #SaintsFC goalkeeper Fraser Forster has undergone surgery after damaging patellar tendon. Usual time frame for injury is nine to 12 months.

WTF!!

Just had a quick look around the web on my phone and athletes can usually return to their sport around 6 months from surgery

Edited by Batman

v.angry, they shouldn't leak knee cap + 6 months, if its patellar tendons + 12 months. That creates False Hope. They should have led with Aids+terminal, or something like that, so we can be relieved when it's p.tendons.

Edit: Any idea why they did that MLG?

Not but he should have come off his line and claimed the first ball :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more with this

I am gutted that Fraser sustained a serious injury but he does need to look at and improve this part of his game in the future.

He stands too far back in his 6 yard box

So he doesn't have a broken kneecap then, did wonder how he'd done that from the incident I saw.

This is completely different from a broken kneecap. And much worse. See this:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00512

This is a bit of a disaster to say the least. I'd say this will be on par/similar to the Jay injury, I wouldn't expect to see him next season what so ever.

So, we need a new GK. No doubts about that what so ever, as a club we kind of need to look at it that we don't have a GK, and get the best we can get. I don't think we need to look at this as a stop gap, we need a new No.1 keeper, full stop.

What worries me is the fear we may stop-gap, like we did with Killer and Oakley. I honestly think the club have to be ruthless here and just go out there and spend $$$ on a brand new number 1, Fraser will have to fight his way back if he returns.

Very sad for Forster, this is far worse than a broken knee cap, and it seems there is some risk of never making a full recovery. Wish the guy well. But it does mean that the Club will have to plan for the worst and we will need a new #1 for next season, whether that player is then seen as #2 longer term or not will be difficult o determine. We always did need a new keeper in the summer, now it looks like we might need two otherwise we will be in the same position next season as we were this, a serious injury away from being in the **** (due respect to Kelvin who is a proven great shot stopper, but in all other respects is not a PL standard keeper).

By the way, the thoughts of getting Cech is not as silly as some on here would suggest. He is stated today as looking for #1 role (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32055622), and perhaps a loan from Chelsea could be worked out rather than us having to pay full wages, which agreed would otherwise be astronomical. If we make Europe, Petr Cech might consider a season long loan. Probably unlikely but not as far fetched as some would have you believe (certainly not so far fetched that idiots need to label people as loons for suggesting it).

Very sad for Forster, this is far worse than a broken knee cap, and it seems there is some risk of never making a full recovery. Wish the guy well. But it does mean that the Club will have to plan for the worst and we will need a new #1 for next season, whether that player is then seen as #2 longer term or not will be difficult o determine. We always did need a new keeper in the summer, now it looks like we might need two otherwise we will be in the same position next season as we were this, a serious injury away from being in the **** (due respect to Kelvin who is a proven great shot stopper, but in all other respects is not a PL standard keeper).

By the way, the thoughts of getting Cech is not as silly as some on here would suggest. He is stated today as looking for #1 role (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32055622), and perhaps a loan from Chelsea could be worked out rather than us having to pay full wages, which agreed would otherwise be astronomical. If we make Europe, Petr Cech might consider a season long loan. Probably unlikely but not as far fetched as some would have you believe (certainly not so far fetched that idiots need to label people as loons for suggesting it).

He'll be able to get a No.1 spot at Arsenal or Liverpool pretty easily I'd say, and those clubs are registered with an interested. I think he'll go to one of those 2. We obviously do need a top new GK, but someone of his level is out of our league.

This is a bit of a disaster to say the least. I'd say this will be on par/similar to the Jay injury, I wouldn't expect to see him next season what so ever.

So, we need a new GK. No doubts about that what so ever, as a club we kind of need to look at it that we don't have a GK, and get the best we can get. I don't think we need to look at this as a stop gap, we need a new No.1 keeper, full stop.

What worries me is the fear we may stop-gap, like we did with Killer and Oakley. I honestly think the club have to be ruthless here and just go out there and spend $$$ on a brand new number 1, Fraser will have to fight his way back if he returns.

I agree but the latest quotes by Les Reed suggest we will be relying on our current three....

I agree but the latest quotes by Les Reed suggest we will be relying on our current three....

I think he was only referring to this season, which is all we can do really.

But next season is a different ball game and I'm sure the club aren't silly enough to go along with those 3 in the hope that Fraser may return. And i'm pretty sure Koeman wouldn't be keen on that either. No disrespect to the other 3, esp. Davis who is a great pro, but none of them are really good enough for 2nd fiddle in the PL (davis at a push), let alone first choice.