Fraser Forster ruled out for up to twelve months with a damaged patellar tendon

Saint-Armstrong

Great effort. 4/10.

Never mind, it will soon be the close season and you can bring out your ickle joke routine, yet again. And my how we will all laugh.

Well, if you are trying to explain your way out of your original post, the only conclusion one can make is that you indeed were engaging in act of 'trolling'. The fact that you so freely accuse me of trolling what was a blatant act of trolling makes you a hypocrite. But, hey, no hard feelings.

Well, if you are trying to explain your way out of your original post, the only conclusion one can make is that you indeed were engaging in act of 'trolling'. The fact that you so freely accuse me of trolling what was a blatant act of trolling makes you a hypocrite. But, hey, no hard feelings.

Not long now until the close season. Oh your routine is going to be sooo funny this time round, it really will be.

Edited by CB Fry

These types, Given, Friedel, Schwarzer are good no2 keepers because they are old enough to be happy with playing a few games and prolonging their career but also good enough that in their peak they were top PL keepers.

Thats where they differ from Davis.

an impressive list of names, but I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment....at their peak.

I'm sure they would be good... as a back-up, but for a whole season.......?

Has the rule changed since we signed Kasey Keller? Long time ago I know but we were relying on Blayney, who was rubbish but similar age I think.

Do find it odd Cropper is here. Been a while, yet seems to be worse than Gazza.

No ones worse than gazza i'm afraid, hes a complete liability and has shown next to no signs he could make it as a premiership keeper!

• 3 months later...
any idea who this is going. read over on the uglies that he is progressing quicker than expected and should be back in full training circa end november

I'm sure he was in a club video this week, so he's in and around the first team.

• 2 weeks later...

So actually the Express is reporting that the Sun is reporting this. Quite how the Sun know is beyond me. But would not be surprised. Don't be fooled that FF is walkin and in training gear, so was JRod last August or so.

Expect something from the club soon saying nothings changed.

The Sun just needed to fill some space and today it was our turn for them to make up something which isn't impossible

they dont just make stuff up. the stuff they print will generally have been give to them or quoted by someone.

we had a week or so of posters here telling us the media were making stuff up about Toby and spurs...yet they were bang on

I think it was pretty obvious from the diagnosis that he'd be very lucky to play this season. The injury he had is horrific, worse than a cruciate in some circumstances (in terms of recovery time). I have no idea where the November/December predictions ever came from tbh, that was pie in the sky stuff. Just expect a season without Forster.

Expect something from the club soon saying nothings changed.

The Sun just needed to fill some space and today it was our turn for them to make up something which isn't impossible

An utterly pointless thing to make up, and they won't have made it up.

they dont just make stuff up. the stuff they print will generally have been give to them or quoted by someone.

we had a week or so of posters here telling us the media were making stuff up about Toby and spurs...yet they were bang on

I remember the day Adkins was sacked people insisted that morning the media stories that he was on his way were all made up by lazy, lying scumbag journos :lol:

I remember the day Adkins was sacked people insisted that morning the media stories that he was on his way were all made up by lazy, lying scumbag journos :lol:

also you get the bizarre posts suggesting the 'media' just make stuff up to destabilise us....i mean, really?

He expects to be back around November - 2015!!!

Ha, how would he know the moron, it's only him who's actually injured. Maybe his doctor's telling him one thing and then telling the tabloids something else.

As has been said above the tabloids are always 100% on the money and never make stuff up, even bits of gossip for the football pages in the off-season.

Ha, how would he know the moron, it's only him who's actually injured. Maybe his doctor's telling him one thing and then telling the tabloids something else.

As has been said above the tabloids are always 100% on the money and never make stuff up, even bits of gossip for the football pages in the off-season.

LOL yes it was Fraser who told me!!!

forster's tendon has AGREED terms with tottenham and will join them in january.

Whenever he's back - and let's hope it's sooner rather than later - a lot rests this season on how good a replacement Stekelenberg proves to be.

With a bit of luck we'll never find out how good he is. In the same way as ice no idea how good Victor Valdes is because he hardly ever had anything to do.

PS not saying we're the new Barcelona btw.

when we first won promotion, I felt we had a weakness as KD (bless him) clearly wasn't a Prem. standard goalie.......and Gazzaniga ...was no real back-up either.

(2013 - I noted that at least 3 Prem. clubs had three goalies who had played at international level, and about a dozen more had 2 internationals on their books.)

Fortunately....we gor Boruc in which saved the day..(or the season) but we still had no back-up., but KD / PG were nowhere near his standard when they played.

IMHO Forster was a good buy ..and whilst still developing managed 13 clean sheets until his injury....I published the stats. on KD / PG's sub.apps it wasn't pretty.

Stekelenberg is still an unknown quantity, but his overall career stats. speak well for him, but what if ...." lightening strikes twice" ( I won't say it.)

we'll be back to KD and PG again .....and that may put pay to our chances of advancement this season.

Sorry to say, but the prospect of FF's early return in the New Year had the same ring as JayRod's " presumed" return date.

Now he will (likely) be out all season, and we have the same problem. One established goalie......and no quality back-up.

KD is still here for the sake of Auld Lang Syne, and PG doesn't seem to have improved at all -----

Hope there's someone else in the Black Box Les, otherwise we'll all be holding our breath every time MS goes up for a cross, or dives at the feet of a striker ....:scared:

when we first won promotion, I felt we had a weakness as KD (bless him) clearly wasn't a Prem. standard goalie.......and Gazzaniga ...was no real back-up either.

(2013 - I noted that at least 3 Prem. clubs had three goalies who had played at international level, and about a dozen more had 2 internationals on their books.)

Fortunately....we gor Boruc in which saved the day..(or the season) but we still had no back-up., but KD / PG were nowhere near his standard when they played.

IMHO Forster was a good buy ..and whilst still developing managed 13 clean sheets until his injury....I published the stats. on KD / PG's sub.apps it wasn't pretty.

Stekelenberg is still an unknown quantity, but his overall career stats. speak well for him, but what if ...." lightening strikes twice" ( I won't say it.)

we'll be back to KD and PG again .....and that may put pay to our chances of advancement this season.

Sorry to say, but the prospect of FF's early return in the New Year had the same ring as JayRod's " presumed" return date.

Now he will (likely) be out all season, and we have the same problem. One established goalie......and no quality back-up.

KD is still here for the sake of Auld Lang Syne, and PG doesn't seem to have improved at all -----

Hope there's someone else in the Black Box Les, otherwise we'll all be holding our breath every time MS goes up for a cross, or dives at the feet of a striker ....:scared:

I read about a bloke once that got struck by lightning seven times. But not to worry, that still leaves eighteen other places in the squad.

Gazzaniga had a pretty good first half v Valencia and looked good again yesterday apart from the shot that hit him in the face as he came out then made a good save from the rebound shot. The defence seemed pretty comfortable with him in goal.

Gazzaniga had a pretty good first half v Valencia and looked good again yesterday apart from the shot that hit him in the face as he came out then made a good save from the rebound shot. The defence seemed pretty comfortable with him in goal.

Why is that a bad thing? He closed down the angle, made himself big and stopped the shot.

If I thought that he might keep a clean sheet against Chelsea or Man.U ....I'd be more enthusiastic.

I REALLY hope that he improves not just because he cost £2 million, but because almost every time I've seen him.....he looked like an accident waiting to happen.

If I thought that he might keep a clean sheet against Chelsea or Man.U ....I'd be more enthusiastic.

I REALLY hope that he improves not just because he cost £2 million, but because almost every time I've seen him.....he looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Must have been watching different game to me on Saturday, he appeared quite competent on his display in goal

I thought in the game on Saturday and the 45mins the other weekend he was very good. He did quite a few good saves and came out and claimed the ball well, its like the couple of games last season and Ronald saying he is good enough has worked wonders on his confidence.

Completely disagree. When he played against Villa towards the end of the season he looked like he had come on leaps and bounds to me. Had no chance with Benteke's header, but didn't put a foot wrong otherwise.

It's no coincidence that successive managers have obviously seen enough potential in him to keep him around so long, and from what I saw against Villa and according to reports on here of his performances in pre-season, he appears to be finally starting to realise that potential.

Completely disagree. When he played against Villa towards the end of the season he looked like he had come on leaps and bounds to me. Had no chance with Benteke's header, but didn't put a foot wrong otherwise.

It's no coincidence that successive managers have obviously seen enough potential in him to keep him around so long, and from what I saw against Villa and according to reports on here of his performances in pre-season, he appears to be finally starting to realise that potential.

Gazzaniga looked excellent in the U21 Cup Final, showed a huge improvement in most of his game at Leicester (completely exposed for the goals, one shanked kick with 6 defenders goalside shouldn't have been the problem it was) and looked confident against Villa. He's by no means the finished article but it was night and day compared to even his best first team display prior to that, at Cardiff, when he made the only saves of his entire first team run of 2013/14, albeit mostly from deflections and backpasses!

I thought in the game on Saturday and the 45mins the other weekend he was very good. He did quite a few good saves and came out and claimed the ball well, its like the couple of games last season and Ronald saying he is good enough has worked wonders on his confidence.

He's only 23 years old. 6" 5 inches. Athletic, agile. I thought he was excellent against Groningen. There are so many aspects of goalkeeping that can be developed with experience, confidence and coaching. I hope we keep hold of him. Seems like a nice lad too.

• 5 months later...

I get the irony, its quite clearly a dig at those who questioned his abilities previously, and i guess some suggested he was L1 at best. But he just pops up with this comment time and time again, its like his mate CB Fry, they seem to spend their life on here just picking at peoples' previous posts, as i said, they are both so predictively boring. Maybe everything they have said and done has always been spot on? In Sir Les we trust eh.

I get the irony, its quite clearly a dig at those who questioned his abilities previously, and i guess some suggested he was L1 at best. But he just pops up with this comment time and time again, its like his mate CB Fry, they seem to spend their life on here just picking at peoples' previous posts, as i said, they are both so predictively boring. Maybe everything they have said and done has always been spot on? In Sir Les we trust eh.

Most people ignore CB Fry. In his mind he is the only one who has an opinion that is correct.

It might stop people making ridiculously hyperbolic statements though, and that's probably a good thing.

Because spending your life following someone round replying to virtually every post they make telling them how dull they are and how much they dislike their posts is so much more exciting, yes?