CONFIRMED - Oriol Romeu joins on 3-Year Deal

Saint-Armstrong

Thought he was ****. Poor challenges and easily passed by. He was trying too hard. Needs to calm down and play naturally.

This is the most laughable comment I have seen for a while.

The whole balance of the team changed the moment he stepped on the field. strong , decent touch, decent range of passing and strengthened our midfield no end.

He may have been a little too enthusiastic in the tackle and definitely needs match fitness but we were a far more solid side with him in the team than first half.

A friend who was in corp hosp in Vitesse spoke with Les Read and he said he was 100% confident that VVD will join saints - that will make a big difference.

This is the most laughable comment I have seen for a while.

The whole balance of the team changed the moment he stepped on the field. strong , decent touch, decent range of passing and strengthened our midfield no end.

No it didn't we still looked crap. They still had lot's of shots and scored a goal. Can laugh at my comment all you want but we didn't look any better with him on the pitch. That isn't saying he is to blame because he isn't. The whole team played poor before he came on and continued to play poor when he came on.

Football is a game of opinions but most of those who I left the game with seemed to share mine. Maybe he looked better on TV. I would go back and watch the game but i'd rather die than watch that crap again.

No it didn't we still looked crap. They still had lot's of shots and scored a goal. Can laugh at my comment all you want but we didn't look any better with him on the pitch. That isn't saying he is to blame because he isn't. The whole team played poor before he came on and continued to play poor when he came on.

Football is a game of opinions but most of those who I left the game with seemed to share mine. Maybe he looked better on TV. I would go back and watch the game but i'd rather die than watch that crap again.

Totally disagree. We looked much better with him on the pitch - gave us much more balance and thought his passing and touch were decent.

Thought he was ****. Poor challenges and easily passed by. He was trying too hard. Needs to calm down and play naturally.

You are having a laugh. About the only good thing about today. He instantly gave us some steel, his passing was good, his interceptions, he really looked class in the role that he was brought in for. The yellow card was just so wrong, but then Oliver had no idea today as usual.

Well he did actually and got a well deserved yellow card for it....other than that we'll just have to see how he gets on as the season progresses...

Edited by Window Cleaner

Do you need glasses???

I was also at the game as soon as he come on we play well for about 30mins. he looked good, and i dont think he missed many of hes passes.

You are completely and utterly wrong.

What planet are you on? He completely changed us when he came on and suddenly Everton could not drive a bus through the middle of the park. He looks like he will be an excellent addition to the team.

You are completely and utterly wrong.

Because I don't share your opinion? Right....

What planet are you on? He completely changed us when he came on and suddenly Everton could not drive a bus through the middle of the park. He looks like he will be an excellent addition to the team.

But yet they still managed to have more shots and score a goal whilst he was on the pitch? The stats don't back up what you are saying at all. Their third goal came from the middle. Neysmith received a pass from the middle and should of scored.

All the player ratings of the matches have him as a 5 or a 6. Guess they were not at the game either.

Because I don't share your opinion? Right....

But yet they still managed to have more shots and score a goal whilst he was on the pitch? The stats don't back up what you are saying at all. Their third goal came from the middle. Neysmith received a pass from the middle and should of scored.

All the player ratings of the matches have him as a 5 or a 6. Guess they were not at the game either.

I don't need stats to see that he greatly improved our team shape and balance, which appears to be the general view. Genuinely am shocked you didn't think he made a difference. The problem with stats is that there aren't ones for looking comfortable on the ball, positional sense, tempo and awareness.

Ok, what am I looking at here? If you're so sure of your opinion then you wouldn't be prowling the internet to try and back it up.

Facts:

We were **** for the majority of today's game

The introduction of Oriol provided the defense with more protection, the midfield shape was better

We conceded less possession and opportunities in the 2nd half

Ok, what am I looking at here? If you're so sure of your opinion then you wouldn't be prowling the internet to try and back it up.

Facts:

The introduction of Oriol provided the defense with more protection, the midfield shape was better

Agree, though Everton were also quite happy to sit back more.

Facts:

see below

I don't need stats to see that he greatly improved our team shape and balance, which appears to be the general view. Genuinely am shocked you didn't think he made a difference. The problem with stats is that there aren't ones for looking comfortable on the ball, positional sense, tempo and awareness.

Like I said it is a game of opinions. People are saying we blocked them from playing through the middle once he came on (S Clarke). That isn't right. Look at the third goal. They still had clear chances from the middle. That isn't down to Romeu it is down to the whole team playing badly. Wanyama had a worse game. Which is rare for him. If we totally forget the first half and look at the second half on its own would you say our central midfield was better then theirs? They stopped us playing, we didn't stop them. They limited us to having crosses from our RB and LB where as they powered their way through the middle. Less so in the second half but they still did it. They had three clear chances from the middle in the second half of which they scored one. It was better but not great as Clarke is trying to imply. If that was our performance for the rest of the season we would get stuffed most weeks.

Then back up your opinion. Show me an un-biased report backing up what you are claiming? I have shown stats and media opinion to show not all share yours as you try and claim.

see below

Like I said it is a game of opinions. People are saying we blocked them from playing through the middle once he came on (S Clarke). That isn't right. Look at the third goal. They still had clear chances from the middle. That isn't down to Romeu it is down to the whole team playing badly. Wanyama had a worse game. Which is rare for him. If we totally forget the first half and look at the second half on its own would you say our central midfield was better then theirs? They stopped us playing, we didn't stop them. They limited us to having crosses from our RB and LB where as they powered their way through the middle. Less so in the second half but they still did it. They had three clear chances from the middle in the second half of which they scored one. It was better but not great as Clarke is trying to imply. If that was our performance for the rest of the season we would get stuffed most weeks.

Then back up your opinion. Show me an un-biased report backing up what you are claiming? I have shown stats and media opinion to show not all share yours as you try and claim.

Seriously, what the **** is your problem? A blind man could have seen the difference he made. I don't understand why I need to justify it, when I have 31,000 people who can do that for me. Christ on a bike.

Is this really even worth a debate?

We were ****, end of. He looked good when he came on, but the game was already lost. End of story.

Seriously, what the **** is your problem? A blind man could have seen the difference he made. I don't understand why I need to justify it, when I have 31,000 people who can do that for me. Christ on a bike.

We were ****, end of. He looked good when he came on, but the game was already lost. End of story.

Strange how St Marco cannot see it but he made a huge difference and I hope he becomes Vic's permanent partner.

No, because you're not going to convince him, ha. It's near as damn it unanimous that we improved as a team with Romeu on.

It isn't a debate is it. You are doing the whole if I shout louder I must have the better opinion thing. I honestly don't think he shored up our midfield in the way you are claiming. We still got done from the middle. Is that not correct? Did they no longer get through from the middle in the second half? That isn't saying it is his fault. He made one interception and made no tackles. What he did well was his passing.

Harsh! He has just made a silly and poor judgement and is unable to accept he is totally wrong despite virtually everyone

else pointing it out.

Climb down St Marco

Not at all. What is idiotic is someone having to use an alt account to reply to me (Halos). As **** as you may think my opinion is that is far worse. Maybe I should make 10 accounts and have them all agree with me.....

I simply don't think he made us stronger, that is my view (based on the fact we still got done in the middle of the pitch). Couldn't care less if people agree or disagree. What I do care about is people arguing their points without being total bellends about it. What would the point be of a discussion forum if we all shared the same opinion, would be pretty boring no?

As I said above I am not writing him off and don't mean it come across like that. They all played bad and we have time to put it right. Time will tell if he becomes a good defensive midfielder or not.

Don't see why everyone is giving him ****. It's his opinion at the end of the day.

Mine is that we had a much better balance throughout the team when he came on but we still had too many stragglers on the pitch. Not a lot he could've done on his own but it was a solid display and a good foundation to build on.

Don't see why everyone is giving him ****. It's his opinion at the end of the day.

Mine is that we had a much better balance throughout the team when he came on but we still had too many stragglers on the pitch. Not a lot he could've done on his own but it was a solid display and a good foundation to build on.

I agree. I wonder why he didn't start?

He looked what he was supposed to be a DM PLAYER! Steven Davis is not and we looked a far better team second half more compact. would have liked Juanmi to have come on instead of JWP . We need some quality in ...last year we got toby and sadio in just before window ends , so similar players again would be good.

For a bloke who only rocked up on Wednesday I thought he looked pretty good straight out of the box. From behind the Chapel goal you could see he was constantly weighing up the option on offer right across the field, thought he looked like he had been with the team for most of the summer, looking forward to when he has settled in.

Only just looked here. And not read all thread, but everyone I spoke to who went raved about him (well raved maybe bit much!)

He filled position which had been open, strong, confident on the ball and thought his passing was excellent. He was rightly booked for trying too hard.

Would be very surprised if hardly anyone agrees with you, but as you say...opinions!

I am pretty confident we would have won with him, for a start he protected Targett.

(Although Targett started ok was then pretty poor at times, but hate to hear youngster getting abuse, wasn't as if wasn't trying)

I don't think the game changed because of Romeu coming on, it was more to do with Koeman tweaking the tatics and giving the players a bloody roasting at half time.

Sure Romeu looked okay coming on but I still don't think we would of won the game if he started because the team was badly setup in the first place.

You don't play 339 games (according to Wiki) for one of the best sides in the country by being ****ing crap.

I give you John O'Shea, 393 games for Manchester United, arguably THE best side in the country, and total ****e.