Man City vs Saints, build up

SuperSAINT

Why so exactly, the lad is a nippy forward (apparently). Now it would seem to me that Liverpool destroyed them with exactly that, well 3 of them in harness anyway. So we throw Juanmi, Mané and Tadic at them after all what else have we got.

NB I've not bothered with that thread, didn't see any point in it.

I'd like to see him come good, but it seems he doesn't have that many fans on this site, but tbf, he's hardly had much of a chance.

Saints are showing worrying signs of having a weak underbelly and a lot of that is because Tadic often goes missing. He is our most creative player but not sure he is strong enough mentally for the Premiership

You don't like Tadic, we get it :p Who would you play instead?

You don't like Tadic, we get it :p Who would you play instead?

I want to like him because he is our only genuine creative player but his inconsistency and his tendency to go missing is what gives us this vulnerability. To answer your question, there is no one else and that is our glaring weakness at present.

I know I bang on about Tadic but week in week out his deficiencies are costing us points. With him it's one good thing followed by two bad and yet fans turn a blind eye to the latter fault

If the good thing results in a goal and the bad thing is a misplaced pass or poor cross then I can put up with it.

He always wants the ball and always tries to do his job, which is to create. Worry when he stops doing it, or look at others who take the easy option each time.

If he produced the goods every time then he wouldn't have cost less than £12m or be playing for Saints.

The same accusationd could be labelled at Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling, Hazard, Depay etc. Tadic probably has as good stats as those players this season in terms of creation.

If the good thing results in a goal and the bad thing is a misplaced pass or poor cross then I can put up with it.

He always wants the ball and always tries to do his job, which is to create. Worry when he stops doing it, or look at others who take the easy option each time.

If he produced the goods every time then he wouldn't have cost less than £12m or be playing for Saints.

The same accusationd could be labelled at Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling, Hazard, Depay etc. Tadic probably has as good stats as those players this season in terms of creation.

Delusion

If we go there and stand off them then we may as well stay home and save the hotel bill!!!

Why on earth we refuse to work hard and close down in too many games I don't know but surely Koeman can at least sort this basic out..

Too often RK s tactic is sit deep, stand off and allow the crosses to come in...

We must engage with their players when they have the ball - let the fans do the spectating !

...for the European game. We'll have to see for the weekend.

He was talking about them not being back for Saturday, but Silva should return.

If it was for the European game then I wouldn't have posted it!

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2015/11/25/17679982/pellegrini-silva-bony-could-face-southampton?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.newsnow.co.uk%2FA%2F804070047%3F-11205%3A798

Which part? Do you really think we would have more points if Tadic didn't play?

He's the best we've got at the club in terms of creativity (so no to your question), but in my opinion we should be able to attract a player who has his creativity plus a bit of steel and consistency, two qualities the not so cheap, Tadic lacks.

He's the best we've got at the club in terms of creativity (so no to your question), but in my opinion we should be able to attract a player who has his creativity plus a bit of steel and consistency, two qualities the not so cheap, Tadic lacks.

Who are those players in the PL though? Ross Barkley possibly allies steel and creativity but isn't overly consistent. I am struggling to think of anyone else? Perhaps someone like Yaya Toure when he is playing well, but different position.

Surely the nature of the beast with 'creative' players is they are inconsistent. If they were consistent, then they would be playing for the best teams and way out of our price range.

Arguably even our most dangerous player (Mane) is seriously inconsistent and he's being touted around for close to £40m.

Really not sure what your fixation is with Tadic, though I agree we need more creativity in the team in general. What we could do with is a creative number 10 that isn't totally useless defensively (to step in instead of S Davis), but again I would suggest these types of players aren't easily available.

Tadic is fine; he's an important source of creativity but can be a flat track bully and rarely changes a game. Likes the ball to feet, to stand a man up and deliver a cross. Not really the type that will pass and move and exploit space - something I think the side is crying out more for.

Saw this on the PL website

EA SPORTS Player Performance Index

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/ea-sports-player-performance-index.html

There are only two saints players in the top 20 I'll let you guess who one of them is......

It's normally a given that in creative/flair players, steel and constistency are the two things you sacrifice. Unless you sign someone of champions league winning quality.

Saw this on the PL website

EA SPORTS Player Performance Index

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/ea-sports-player-performance-index.html

There are only two saints players in the top 20 I'll let you guess who one of them is......

Stats only tell half the story - I will stick by my views although I take on board the fact that decent creative midfield players don't grow on trees. Tadic has the hard bit ie the skill but he goes missing too often and the cold weather hasn't really kicked in yet.

Stats only tell half the story - I will stick by my views although I take on board the fact that decent creative midfield players don't grow on trees. Tadic has the hard bit ie the skill but he goes missing too often and the cold weather hasn't really kicked in yet.

you do know Tadic comes from Serbia right? were your average winter looks like this

23958585.jpg

Tadic was very poor against Stoke. Constantly misplaced passes & his crossing was very very bad. Didn't beat the first man often. His corners were worse than our under 8's. It was so easy for Butland.

You put up with him defensively for his offensive work. His offensive performance on Saturday was rubbish.

We don't have an alternative whose fit. Think a fit Jay Rod could play there. Personally I would go for Redmond at Norwich or Phillips at QPR in January if at all possible. Even that young Roofe lad at Oxford maybe worth a punt.

Tadic was very poor against Stoke. Constantly misplaced passes & his crossing was very very bad. Didn't beat the first man often. His corners were worse than our under 8's. It was so easy for Butland.

You put up with him defensively for his offensive work. His offensive performance on Saturday was rubbish.

We don't have an alternative whose fit. Think a fit Jay Rod could play there. Personally I would go for Redmond at Norwich or Phillips at QPR in January if at all possible. Even that young Roofe lad at Oxford maybe worth a punt.

:mcinnes:

you do know Tadic comes from Serbia right? were your average winter looks like this

23958585.jpg

Koeman himself in an interview recently mentioned the fact that Tadic lost form when the winter arrived last year - from that I deduced he is not the sort of bloke who rolls his sleeves up when things get tough. You obviously like him, so we will have to differ but I remain very unconvinced. Like I say on form, on song a bloody good player but he is just too hit and miss for me.

Dinosaur

Koeman himself in an interview recently mentioned the fact that Tadic lost form when the winter arrived last year - from that I deduced he is not the sort of bloke who rolls his sleeves up when things get tough. You obviously like him, so we will have to differ but I remain very unconvinced. Like I say on form, on song a bloody good player but he is just too hit and miss for me.

Errr yes due to the very well publicized groin injury that he continued to play with for the rest of the season despite a lot of pain even falling out with Koeman when he turned up at staplewood on a players day off to do extra training.....

Look Tadic isn't perfect ( he wouldn't being playing for saints if he was) but he has a decent return in goals and assists for us and we are a poorer team without him when he is playing well. I think you can throw several things at Tadic (tracking back being one of them) but he has never come across as a bottler.

The whole team were carp on sat not just tadic