Trump Watch

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

• 1 month later...
Well if this doesn't blow Trump out the water I suppose nothing will. The Washington Post has gone nuclear:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

(The stories people tell when they forget that have radio mics on...)

Nah...nothing to see here. His supporters love this sort of thing. Shows he's a man's man and all that.

He's done and said worse to jeopardise the female vote, but there are still women out there who would like him as president.

Well if this doesn't blow Trump out the water I suppose nothing will. The Washington Post has gone nuclear:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

(The stories people tell when they forget that have radio mics on...)

Actually I think it's a nothing story. Any Trump supporter (or even floating voter) already thinks that Bill Clinton has done worse and by extension said worse, just not on tape. When I saw the headlines I thought he'd said it recently but this was 12 years ago.

Donald Trump vs Robert De Niro.

Travis Bickle wins.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2016/oct/08/robert-de-niro-id-like-to-punch-donald-trump-in-the-face-video

We'll see how this plays out. Trump supporters will no doubt hear about this bragging on the bus and think 'Go Donald!'. But he can't be elected by his supporters alone. Others will hear a man now going for the highest office in the US sneering about how he can routinely use his fame to attack women. There's a whiff of Donald Savile about his language. However long ago he said or did it - as with Savile - won't diminish the offence in the eyes of many, including those he counts on among Republicans.

Looking at the reaction overnight, Trump is in the quicksand.

Donald Trump vs Robert De Niro.

Travis Bickle wins.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2016/oct/08/robert-de-niro-id-like-to-punch-donald-trump-in-the-face-video

We'll see how this plays out. Trump supporters will no doubt hear about this bragging on the bus and think 'Go Donald!'. But he can't be elected by his supporters alone. Others will hear a man now going for the highest office in the US sneering about how he can routinely use his fame to attack women. There's a whiff of Donald Savile about his language. However long ago he said or did it - as with Savile - won't diminish the offence in the eyes of many, including those he counts on among Republicans.

Looking at the reaction overnight, Trump is in the quicksand.

agreed, quicksand, swamp, whatever it is you'd have to be Hercules to dig out of it.

thanks for the link, I always liked di Niro, but now? I gotta love him!

Actually I think it's a nothing story. Any Trump supporter (or even floating voter) already thinks that Bill Clinton has done worse and by extension said worse, just not on tape. When I saw the headlines I thought he'd said it recently but this was 12 years ago.

Oh yes, and the Clinton thing was 20 years ago. So how does the time scale work in this scenario? When does 10 years become less relevant than 20 years? In Trumps second apology, he implied that he had changed since he started touring the country campaigning......so he changed about a year ago?

Can't see this hurting Trump too much . I can't really see too many chicks that we're going to vote for him unaware of his sexist attitude. As if they're going to say " I was going to vote for that nice Mr Trump until I saw this " . It'll also bring " I did not have sex with that women " and the Clintons cover up of Bills behaviour into the debate Sunday . Telling that Trump went easy on the subject during the first debate , but he'll defo fire a few sexual rockets at the corrupt witch this time .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Can't see this hurting Trump too much . I can't really see too many chicks that we're going to vote for him unaware of his sexist attitude. As if they're going to say " I was going to vote for that nice Mr Trump until I saw this " . It'll also bring " I did not have sex with that women " and the Clintons cover up of Bills behaviour into the debate Sunday . Telling that Trump went easy on the subject during the first debate , but he'll defo fire a few sexual rockets at the corrupt witch this time .

Such a surprise to find the kippers are Trump fans.

So merely commenting that I don't think this will hurt him, makes me a fan does it?

Thinking it won't hurt him makes you naive. He is toast now. Of course his hardcore won't care but it is not a minor indiscretion saying you just grab pussy - seems to have very little republican support now. Of course most people who are 70yo are nothing like they were when 60.

And thinking it is just a 'sexist attitude'. FFS is that what Savile had?

Thinking it won't hurt him makes you naive. He is toast now. Of course his hardcore won't care but it is not a minor indiscretion saying you just grab pussy - seems to have very little republican support now. Of course most people who are 70yo are nothing like they were when 60.

And thinking it is just a 'sexist attitude'. FFS is that what Savile had?

He was toast anyway .

Is there one person who thinks they were voting Trump but won't now because of this ? No , if you are disgusted by this , you would have been disgusted by him ages ago .

The GOP establishment may well abandon the Luke warm support for him on the back of this . But if this story doesn't die soon , he maybe forced out . The only person hurt if that happens is the corrupt old hag.

Maybe this is the actual final straw. Arnie and Condi Rice and McCain have come out against him today.

Why Rice didn't stand I don't know, I'd think she would annihilate Clinton who is an appalling candidate.

Just seems to be a culmination of things - not convinced this particular incident in itself is worse that the stuff he said about Megyn Kelly actually on the record. And that was months ago.

Any fool could see he was like this anyway. They've found some archive tape of him behaving like you would expect him to behave. It's odd that this might be the actual thing that brings him down.

Anyway, be great to see him humiliated but he'll only be on Fox news every night spouting sh it for the next decade so he's hardly going to go quietly.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/29/us/politics/at-least-110-republican-leaders-wont-vote-for-donald-trump-heres-when-they-reached-their-breaking-point.html?_r=0

Seems all the grandees are withdrawing support on back of this.

Incredible not earlier though when see above the NY Times listing out his gaffs/quotes.

Also looking forward to Sunday night's debate even more son now.

As said by others shame can't be enthused by Clinton winning.

Hmmmm, changed my mind overnight about this. Today's growing list of GOP people jumping ship seems to indicate that they're saving face, throwing in the towel and will direct funding towards Senate seats instead. I think he's toast. Can't wait for the debate tomorrow.

That might just backfire on him a little more.

It was Bill who committed those acts with Monica Lewinsky, not Hilary.

He might need to be careful he doesn't hand her the opportunity to play the injured wife, something that pretty much all women will empathise with.

As has been said by others above, this won't hurt him much among those who will already vote for him. As said, they will see it as him proving what a man he is.

Trump said himself of his voters that he could shoot somebody in broad daylight in Fifth Avenue and they would still vote for him.

In many ways, that is just as a disgusting remark as it shows the utter contempt he has, even for those who support him.

Quite funny watching the UK media being desperate for Clinton to win.

Makes little difference to us over he who wins. Both are terrible.

Trump is a total idiot, boasts about grabbing women.

Clinton admits to defending a child molester knowing he did it and publicly slammed the defendant at the time

All a bit weird

Clinton admits to defending a child molester knowing he did it and publicly slammed the defendant at the time

All a bit weird

She was a defence lawyer defending a client. Whats your point? - that people shouldn't have defence lawyers, or that lawyers shouldn't be allowed to stand for President?

The dump Trump campaign is gaining momentum. There's been a theory, which I thought unlikely, that leading Republicans see the best option as getting Trump elected (anything to stop Clinton), then impeach him ASAP.

Beginning to think it's not that implausible, and they may be starting the process of discrediting him (although he does a pretty good job of doing that all by himself)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

She was a defence lawyer defending a client. Whats your point? - that people shouldn't have defence lawyers, or that lawyers shouldn't be allowed to stand for President?

I would suggest one defending a peado (all by choice) and knowing he was guilty (and stuck by him by blaming a 12 year old girl for wanting an older man ffs and laughung at her) would not be fit to run the UK for example, let alone 'the free world'

there is plenty wrong with Clinton. Nearly as much as Trump

still funny with the fannying around by our media seemingly desperate for Trump NOT to win.

Clinton and Trump are both despicable so who cares who wins

Edited by Batman

I would suggest one defending a peado (all by choice) and knowing he was guilty (and stuck by him by blaming a 12 year old girl for wanting an older man ffs and laughung at her) would not be fit to run the UK for example, let alone 'the free world'

still funny with the fannying around by our media seemingly desperate for Trump NOT to win.

Yeah, brilliant.

There's this:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/clintons-1975-rape-case/

but not as much fun as the dinlow version probably rattling around on Facebook, probably written in white text over a photo of her laughing.

She's, like, virtually a paedo innit.

I look forward to your new found objection to accused sexual criminals having a case assembled by a defence lawyer coming up next time the Ched Evans up for debate on here.

Yeah, brilliant.

There's this:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/06/clintons-1975-rape-case/

but not as much fun as the dinlow version probably rattling around on Facebook, probably written in white text over a photo of her laughing.

She's, like, virtually a paedo innit.

I look forward to your new found objection to accused sexual criminals having a case assembled by a defence lawyer coming up next time the Ched Evans up for debate on here.

if factcheck says so. cased closed

What a thick answer. Basically saying that anyone accused of paedophilia does not deserve a lawyer and no lawyer should represent them.

Quite funny watching the UK media being desperate for Clinton to win.

Makes little difference to us over he who wins. Both are terrible.

Trump is a total idiot, boasts about grabbing women.

All a bit weird

More worrying is her choice of friends . She attended that racist , sexist clown Donald Trump's wedding .

"Chicks?" :mcinnes:

Why is Farage spending a lot of time with Trump at the moment?

How would I know , maybe he's a friend like the Clintons are . Maybe he can sit next to Hillary at The Donald's next wedding , he can keep her company whilst Bill goes off sniffing round the bridesmaids .

Still don't understand how anything I've written makes me a Trump fan, which was your original theory .

What a thick answer. Basically saying that anyone accused of paedophilia does not deserve a lawyer and no lawyer should represent them.

Personally anyone guilty of paedophilia deserves no help whatsoever. I understand that if the person is accused and innocent so different, but I find it difficult where a lawyer who knows full well the person is guilty then defends that person and maybe gets them off the charge.

Personally anyone guilty of paedophilia deserves no help whatsoever. I understand that if the person is accused and innocent so different, but I find it difficult where a lawyer who knows full well the person is guilty then defends that person and maybe gets them off the charge.

Two minor difficulties. One is that depriving anyone accused of a criminal offence of a trial lawyer would be against the American Constitution (it's the 6th Amendment if you want to look it up). And the other is that, because of this constitutional right, the judge in the case instructed Hillary Clinton to take the case. She had no choice but to accept.

But the fact we or anyone else are even discussing this shows how Trump has dragged a Presidential into the quagmire.

How did the orange fcker do? Guessing 'make America great again' was mentioned a few times.

I think the kindest thing to say is he went low. It will easily go down as the worst presidential debate of all time. Rather than bother with impressions, maybe it's just better to go straight to the fact checkers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/09/presidential-debate-fact-check-donald-trump-hillary-clinton

There is a lot that can be criticised in the process of bringing an accused person to trial, but the underlying principle has always been that the prosecution must prove their case - "innocent until proven guilty". Whether accused of crimes against children, or stealing an old lady's handbag, the standard is the same.

How did the orange fcker do? Guessing 'make America great again' was mentioned a few times.

He actually did OK . It was compelling TV & extremely dirty . He scored well going after her over emails , both were as bad as each other over the sex stuff but his press conference before when he appeared with women who had previously accused Bill was bizzare . Bills face as Trump went for him was a picture . He was certainly a lot better than the first debate , but he's still got no hope unless she's taken ill again or a massive scandal erupts .

It's real depressing that a country I love and respect has come down to these two . She really is a poor candidate. The GOP must be tearing it's hair out , anyone else would beat her .

I honestly think Trump is going to win the US election. Everywhere you look the right (sometimes far) is on the rise. UK, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Finland etc etc etc. The USA is no different other than they have a higher proportion of nutters.

Scary times.

He actually did OK . It was compelling TV & extremely dirty . He scored well going after her over emails , both were as bad as each other over the sex stuff but his press conference before when he appeared with women who had previously accused Bill was bizzare . Bills face as Trump went for him was a picture . He was certainly a lot better than the first debate , but he's still got no hope unless she's taken ill again or a massive scandal erupts .

It's real depressing that a country I love and respect has come down to these two . She really is a poor candidate. The GOP must be tearing it's hair out , anyone else would beat her .

I couldn't watch it. I knew it was going to make me feel as if I was watching a bear baiting fight or ****ging a 14 year old in the Philippines. Its hard to reconcile these two candidates with the sane and thoughtful Americans I know.

I couldn't watch it. I knew it was going to make me feel as if I was watching a bear baiting fight or ****ging a 14 year old in the Philippines. Its hard to reconcile these two candidates with the sane and thoughtful Americans I know.

It was nothing like the primaries; much more subdued - Trump has reined in the personal insults which paradoxically plays less well to the cameras. Whereas before he came across as raucous and freewheeling, now he comes cross as hectoring and aloof.

Didn't have you down as a fan of SNL Les - all the sketch writers are extended descendants of the Rothschilds don't cha know.

You're like a stuck record, Shorluck. I don't judge satire according to its creator's origins, I rate it only by whether it is clever or amusing. I really have no idea of the background, religions or political allegiances of the people on that show, neither would it interest me anyway. Do you yourself think it important?