Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Gabbi looks the part as long as he gets service. 0.50GPG this season.

Austin is a 15+ goal a season striker year in year out. 103 goals in his last 202 games. 0.42GPG this season. Admittedly he's had injury issues in his 1.5 years with us but before then he rarely missed a game. If his body comes good then he's definitely at our level.

Beyond that we only need 1 more striker to play 3rd string, given we only play 1 on the pitch at a time. Pick 1 from Gallagher/JRod/Long and sell the other 2.

No Europe. A 3rd strong striker just means more rotation and less playing time for all of them, so less partnerships form and each one of them can't maintain form. I'm pretty sure a major gripe with Puel has been his rotation. We need quality over quantity this season. We also need wingers that score. Tadic/Boufal/Redmond just didn't cut it and won't get any support from 11 goals in 189 games Davis.

As a team that only plays one striker, Gabbiadini, Austin, Long and Gallagher should be enough. Sell JRod. I can't see us briinging in a striker, but I can see us possibly bringing in an attacking winger-type for one of the spots in the 3 of the 4-2-3-1 that can also play up front...like Redmond only with finishing ability. (Another Mané I guess is my point.) It's the defence that will need the surgery after departures this summer IMO and we're still a DM light.

Gentlemen`s agreement, but i thought it was only Saints who did those things... ;)

I wonder if they put a value on the "suitable offer"...talk of £100m? I think any of our players (and most of the leagues players to be fair) could have had that agreement!

Jan Hagen‏ @PortuBall 5m5 minutes agoMore

O Jogo report this evening that Sporting have accepted a €14m offer(for 80% of the economic rights) from Newcastle on defender Rúben Semedo.

Isn't wee Ross in Portugal at the moment? Might be time to cut the holiday short, quite a few things to be sorted at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't wee Ross in Portugal at the moment? Might be time to cut the holiday short, quite a few things to be sorted at the club.

Might not be a holiday, what with the links with Semedo.

If we sign Ruben Semedo, the Liverpool fans will go into full on incontinence mode. To them, it will be a clear sign they're getting VVD, a bit like last year with Redmond's arrival being seen as a clear sign they'd end up with Mane.

Nevertheless it has to be a good thing that we secure our replacements before selling our quality players - provided the replacement is as good or better - AND WE DON'T SELL CHEAPLY, AS WE DID LAST YEAR.

We need quality over quantity this season.

100%, pretty much anyone we buy should be an improvement on a first team slot, our squad is good enough and better than it has been for a long time, but our first eleven is not as good as it was.

A full season of Gabbi/Austin with proper support should be good enough striker wise and I think getting the most out of Boufal is key cos the lad is clearly very talented. A further winger/attacking mid that can score goals that is better than Redmond/Tadic would be my main priority and probably an upgrade on centre-mid to replace Davis if Hojberg doesn't come good.

If you think 4-3-3, then presuming Van Dijk stays then you'd still think we'd need another centre back, full backs look fine as we have good cover there, Romeu is the quality holding player, of the two centre-mids then hopefully JWP will continue his progress and I'd be looking for another upgrade in that area with Clasie going, you then have Boufal/Tadic/Redmond and hopefully another, with Gabbi/Austin/Gallagher as forwards.

We probably do need a good back up/rotation option for Romeu.

Pace as well is key especially if Long goes because for all his failings he does provide that pace to get in behind.

Really we need a new Mane, like an exact copy of him somone with pace and direct that scores goals and can play wide or as second striker.

Fair play to Palace - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/25/wilfried-zaha-five-year-contract-crystal-palace

Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester City had shown interest

Les and Kat take note

....erm....didn't we sign a number of our players up on 6 year contracts despite interest from other clubs?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fair play to Palace - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/25/wilfried-zaha-five-year-contract-crystal-palace

Les and Kat take note

That will be the Zaha they flogged to Man U, who failed spectacularly, and then they re-signed him? Palace is his level I doubt any of the big clubs were ever that interested

Les and Kat take note

How much interest did they really show?

Enough for Palace to react and respond with a new improved contract it would seem

It is puzzling how you conveniently ignore the large number of long contracts Saints have given to their players recently. Oh yeah, you are a massive troll.

It is puzzling how you conveniently ignore the large number of long contracts Saints have given to their players recently. Oh yeah, you are a massive troll.

We are currently 3rd favourites to have VVD next season.

He has a 5 year contract.... As you have pointed out many times SFC contracts are purely there to maximise sale price.

We are an out n out selling club.

Be happy we have something to sell, if no one would show interest in our best players then we would have a much bigger problem.

All clubs are "selling clubs", we just sold loads more players then other "smaller" clubs because we had better players then them. Just a simple fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Be happy we have something to sell, if no one would show interest in our best players then we would have a much bigger problem.

All clubs are "selling clubs", we just sold loads more players then other "smaller" clubs because we had better players then them. Just a simple fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Stop posting facts to him, its futile, he knows this but refuses to acknowledge it because he is what MLG said he is... a troll

- Kelechi Iheanacho's agent appears to have confirmed that he will leave Manchester City and sign for West Ham. (Manchester Evening News)

- Crystal Palace are being priced out of a permanent move for Mamadou Sakho and it looks increasingly unlikely the defender will remain at Selhurst Park. (London Evening Standard)

- New Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo says it'll be a club decision if Helder Costa leaves - but wants to build a team around the Portuguese record signing. (Express & Star)

- Kelechi Iheanacho's agent appears to have confirmed that he will leave Manchester City and sign for West Ham. (Manchester Evening News)

- Crystal Palace are being priced out of a permanent move for Mamadou Sakho and it looks increasingly unlikely the defender will remain at Selhurst Park. (London Evening Standard)

- New Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo says it'll be a club decision if Helder Costa leaves - but wants to build a team around the Portuguese record signing. (Express & Star)

why are we not all over that deal?

Do you not know how odds work Mr Troll? They are heavily influenced by the amount of money Joe Public has bet. Joe public hasn't a clue at the moment what is going to happen to van Dijk this summer.

Why have you seemingly completely ruled out Saints doing with van Dijk, what they did to Schneiderlin & Wanyama? i.e. refuse to sell them and keep them for an extra year?

He has a 5 year contract.... As you have pointed out many times SFC contracts are purely there to maximise sale price.

Why is that a problem? The alternative is to not have them on long contracts and be left in a difficult position when they have a year left and don't want to sign a contract.

:mcinnes:

How many more time Mr Troll do we need to go through this one. The number of clubs that aren't "selling clubs" in World football can be counted on one hand! You like talking about Everton & Spurs, but Everton sold Stones and will probably sell Lukaku and contract refusing Barkley. Spurs will probably sell Walker, perhaps Rose and I don't see them keeping Kane and Alli forever.

It really is painful having to read your nonsense day after day on this forum. You add nothing constructive to it. Plus when you are shown to be talking nonsense you conveniently ignore the counters to your nonsense and repeat the same nonsense again in the future as if you hadn't read or understood why it was nonsense.

It really is painful having to read your nonsense day after day on this forum. You add nothing constructive to it. Plus when you are shown to be talking nonsense you conveniently ignore the counters to your nonsense and repeat the same nonsense again in the future as if you hadn't read or understood why it was nonsense.

Its difficult to have a debate or discussion as you only have 3 posts a day.

That will change if Tuchel is appointed, thats a promise i will keep mate.

Our views are different and doesn't matter how many face-palms or name calling you do, we just have different opinions.

You will defend everything Saint Les does regardless. I choose to question occasionally.

Normally you eventually come round to my way ive noticed (Puel, Ramirez ect ect) just typically takes you longer than me.

We are all different mate, embrass it. Forum would be super dull if we all agreed all the time.

Keep smiling buddy

Why would anyone agree to that? If city rate him that highly they should just keep and loan him out or play him.

Surely it's an optional clause? If Saints (or anyone) bought KI but chose to sell him in the future, Man City would have a right to buy him back at a pre-agreed price? Or are you saying that Man City can take him back at that price even if the owning club don't want to sell him. That would be ridiculous.

He's only £20M to buy, should fit within our wage structure, as I doubt a youngster was on daft wages, so I join the chorus of "why aren't we all over that deal?"

Surely it's an optional clause? If Saints (or anyone) bought KI but chose to sell him in the future, Man City would have a right to buy him back at a pre-agreed price? Or are you saying that Man City can take him back at that price even if the owning club don't want to sell him. That would be ridiculous.

He's only £20M to buy, should fit within our wage structure, as I doubt a youngster was on daft wages, so I join the chorus of "why aren't we all over that deal?"

Because our business model relays on us being able to sell to Liverpool....;)

I do believe it's the latter. If Man City chooses to bid the amount set in the buy back clause, the buying club would have no choice but to accept the bid (even if it does not want to sell) and leave the player to decide if he wants to stay or return to Man City. There is also a possibility of a cancellation fee in which the buying club can then pay a pre agreed amount to cancel said buy back clause

I do believe it's the latter. If Man City chooses to bid the amount set in the buy back clause, the buying club would have no choice but to accept the bid (even if it does not want to sell) and leave the player to decide if he wants to stay or return to Man City. There is also a possibility of a cancellation fee in which the buying club can then pay a pre agreed amount to cancel said buy back clause

It's pretty common practice in Spain. Barcelona seem to put them in on pretty much all of their youth player sales, and Real had one on Morata that enabled them to take him back off Juve after 2 years for only for only €10 more than Juve paid.

Do you not know how odds work Mr Troll? They are heavily influenced by the amount of money Joe Public has bet. Joe public hasn't a clue at the moment what is going to happen to van Dijk this summer.

Why have you seemingly completely ruled out Saints doing with van Dijk, what they did to Schneiderlin & Wanyama? i.e. refuse to sell them and keep them for an extra year?

Why is that a problem? The alternative is to not have them on long contracts and be left in a difficult position when they have a year left and don't want to sign a contract.

:mcinnes:

How many more time Mr Troll do we need to go through this one. The number of clubs that aren't "selling clubs" in World football can be counted on one hand! You like talking about Everton & Spurs, but Everton sold Stones and will probably sell Lukaku and contract refusing Barkley. Spurs will probably sell Walker, perhaps Rose and I don't see them keeping Kane and Alli forever.

Now you know how we all felt on Footballforums.net about you. This is exactly what you did on numerous occasions.

I wonder if we will cough up the extra 5m and go back in for Schar, think I'd rather him than Semedo

Schar I think would be a good signing. He looks a decent penalty taker as well from videos seen.

Semedo I've no idea about really.

Schar I think would be a good signing. He looks a decent penalty taker as well from videos seen.

Semedo I've no idea about really.

I watched a very average Sporting beat Rio Ave 1-0 earlier this year. Semedo didn't even get in the team.

Our scouts have obviously seen something in him, but I wasn't too encouraged that he wasn't a first team regular at his age in that team.

I watched a very average Sporting beat Rio Ave 1-0 earlier this year. Semedo didn't even get in the team.

Our scouts have obviously seen something in him, but I wasn't too encouraged that he wasn't a first team regular at his age in that team.

I read somewhere that he's headed to Newcastle.

Where does this Schär stuff come from? It's strange for a player who made just 3 league starts this season for a Hoffenheim team who play with 3 CB to be mentioned on here so much. He's not very good.

Semedo looked promising last season but has gone backwards. A year ago he was a CB who had a good all round game but was particularly prone to making idiotic fouls which could be put down to inexperience, and that we would grow out of it. Far form growing out of it, it just got worse and because of it he has often lost his place in the team. Right now Stephens is clearly better than him, which would have been unlikely a year ago.

I know he was here for a little while but the highlight of his career was at LFC, surely that's what he'll be remembered for.

That's somewhere between mistaken and rude. Ask SRL for highlights of his career and I would expect Saints' promotion years to come out on top. He thought/hoped the pinnacle of his career would be at LFC, boyhood dream and all, but it became a wet firework.

Don't think Caceres thinks so though..

How do you know that - this is what his agent said recently :-

Chapter Caceres : "Martin you're finding it very well with English football. In January, we decided to accept the Southampton location for the project. For the moment did not play much, soon we will sit at a table to understand what will be its future . If Southampton will put him at the center of the project is not ruled out staying there , otherwise we will evaluate other offers. "