Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

West Ham being linked with a £15m bid for Andre Gray (don't they get linked with every striker?). Last year of his contract. Maybe we could use the JRod money to make a bid? That would be good business. Suppose depends on how we plan to to integrate Gallagher into the squad.

Seriously, is there a striker they aren't linked with?

Their stick their finger in the air and pick a striker approach didn't work last year, doubt it will work this year either.

Aston Villa sign John Terry. Might have done a job for us for a season, although despicable person etc etc

Can you explain why you think he'd have done a job for us.....?

Legs are gone at the top level, hence why he's now playing in the NPC.

Can you explain why you think he'd have done a job for us.....?

Legs are gone at the top level, hence why he's now playing in the NPC.

well, it's only my opinion, obviously, but I think given that we're almost certainly losing VVD (come on, people), then his experience might have been useful in helping Stephens emerge as a really good CB, and could have deputised for Yoshida. And would also probably shout at Fraser to do his job properly, which would be nice. PS NPC is much more physical. He's not going there for a holiday

well, it's only my opinion, obviously, but I think given that we're almost certainly losing VVD (come on, people), then his experience might have been useful in helping Stephens emerge as a really good CB, and could have deputised for Yoshida. And would also probably shout at Fraser to do his job properly, which would be nice. PS NPC is much more physical. He's not going there for a holiday

VVD won't be going now.

That's news to me. Care to say where he is going?

The NPC might have more burly target men, don't see why Terry would struggle against those. It is a much slower league though, not just the players but in how quickly the ball is moved. It will suit him better now that his legs have gone at this level. No way is he good enough for us, in fact he hasn't been for a couple of years.

West Ham being linked with a £15m bid for Andre Gray (don't they get linked with every striker?). Last year of his contract. Maybe we could use the JRod money to make a bid? That would be good business. Suppose depends on how we plan to to integrate Gallagher into the squad.

Not remotely good enough for us.

Why are so many of the suggestions on here domestic based players? I know that it's what people watch but surely most of you know that we will mostly be buying abroad, it's what we have done since promotion and will do even more now that the tv deal has hugely inflated domestic transfer fees.

VVD won't be going now.

you seem very sure. care to elaborate?

So do you! What good evidence do you have he'll leave this summer?

'almost certainly' versus 'definitely won't be'. yes, absolutely equal propositions

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that his chances of leaving have been steadily decreasing since the tapping up issue :thumbup: Chelsea have seemingly gone elsewhere. Liverpool are the 'only' interested party, and I'm sure the club are only too aware of the sentiment they would likely be on the receiving end of if they sanctioned that. Not to mention Liverpool are linked with 70m Keita - I don't think it's feasible that they're going to shift 130m+ on two players (which is what they'd be looking at).

I'm certainly more positive about it than I was 3/4 months ago...but then we all interpret news differently, I guess.

Edited by Donatello

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that his chances of leaving have been steadily decreasing since the tapping up issue :thumbup: Chelsea have seemingly gone elsewhere. Liverpool are the 'only' interested party, and I'm sure the club are only too aware of the sentiment they would likely be on the receiving end of if they sanctioned that. Not to mention Liverpool are linked with 70m Keita - I don't think it's feasible that they're going to shift 130m+ on two players (which is what they'd be looking at).

I'm certainly more positive about it than I was 3/4 months ago...but then we all interpret news differently, I guess.

Fair points. I hope he likes the look of the Mauricio and that might persuade him to stay one more year. I just worry about those last minute big bucks offers, our new structure's ability to resist, and him wriggling out. also, about not having a back up in place.

Fair points. I hope he likes the look of the Mauricio and that might persuade him to stay one more year. I just worry about those last minute big bucks offers, our new structure's ability to resist, and him wriggling out. also, about not having a back up in place.

Likewise. Hopefully Les has learnt from the Fonte debacle :scared: :D

What people call the Fonte debacle gave Stephens his chance and he took it.he now has a five year contract and we have a star in the making. Some debacle!

Does his 5 year contract give us another shot at the EFL cup final as IMHO the Fonte debacle cost us a trophy

What people call the Fonte debacle gave Stephens his chance and he took it.he now has a five year contract and we have a star in the making. Some debacle!

You do realise that Puels negative tactics were only reason we didn't concede more goals? Stephens did ok but let's not get carried away.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Which clearly wasn't the/an orchestrated plan. Besides what gave Stephens his chance was the injury to Van Dijk. I don't think you can count that situation in Jan as anything other than a bit of a f*ck up.

By

Does his 5 year contract give us another shot at the EFL cup final as IMHO the Fonte debacle cost us a trophy

So you are saying if Fonte had played we would have won....... Usual tripe from you, and a poorly veiled attack at Reed........ Again

If the officials didn't have eyesight issues we probably would have done is a more accurate assessment

Link to Caen winger Yann Karamoh (described as the new Kylian Mbappe despite the fact that he is six months older...)

Would be very keen on this one.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3936803/southampton-yann-karamoh-kylian-mbappe-caen/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSunFootball:TwImageandlink:Statement:Sport

Edited by beavis17

You really are an idiot. How on earth can you possibly know that Fonte either staying, being replaced by an expensive defensive signing would have meant we would have gone on to lift the trophy.

Have you suddenly developed the skill to see into the future???....NO i didn't think so!

You really are an idiot. How on earth can you possibly know that Fonte either staying, being replaced by an expensive defensive signing would have meant we would have gone on to lift the trophy.

Have you suddenly developed the skill to see into the future???....NO i didn't think so!

No idea about Fonte but i'm almost certain we would have won had Van Dijk been playing...f*cking Vardy.

IMHO = In my honest OPINION

HTH

HTH = hope that helps

KONGOLO JOINS FEYENOORD

Monaco have signed Holland defender Terence Kongolo from Feyenoord on a five-year deal.

The 23-year-old made 23 Eredivisie appearances last season as Feyenoord claimed the title for the first time in 18 years.

Ligue 1 champions Monaco have reportedly paid £11.41m for Kongolo, who can operate at left-back or in central defence.

He told the club's official website: "I am very pleased to join AS Monaco. I will discover an exciting new challenge at a prestigious and ambitious club. I look forward to meeting the staff, my new team-mates and doing the best on the field to help the group."

Wanted him before we signed Bednarek, going to be the absolute nuts. Worth baring in mind that Yoshi has only 1 year left and there is no sign of a new contract.

Best part about it (apart from getting a potential superstar CB of course) is that it would be the ultimate troll on Liverpool, getting rid of all the CBs we had 1 year ago except the one they want.

One of numerous Chelsea lads we should be looking at.

I know less about Brown, but by all accounts he had a good season for Hudds last season.

I've read some reviews about him and by all accounts he had an exceptional season last season. He comes across as the perfect long term Davis replacement, and even looks like him a bit! Plus he has an eye for goal and would continue the excellent business with Celtic. (irrespective of what their fans feel!) Apparently he has only got a year left on his contract and is stalling on a new one, so I shouldn't think the transfer fee is that high either. Get it done Saints. (I'd still want a big bastard of a defensive midfielder too!)

I've read some reviews about him and by all accounts he had an exceptional season last season. He comes across as the perfect long term Davis replacement, and even looks like him a bit! Plus he has an eye for goal and would continue the excellent business with Celtic. (irrespective of what their fans feel!) Apparently he has only got a year left on his contract and is stalling on a new one, so I shouldn't think the transfer fee is that high either. Get it done Saints. (I'd still want a big bastard of a defensive midfielder too!)