Stoke v Saints match thread

Shroppie

At least with Stoke pushing forward more and more, we *should* get more golden opportunities like that in the second half.

Indeed. I'd consider bringing Mane on for either Pelle or Tadic around 70 minutes for more pace in behind. Today could be the day for goal droughts to be ended...

Don't think that's what it is, as he started off on his left foot and then cut back. That first cut back wasn't even the problem it's how long he took. Look at where the ball goes after that - he has two good positions to shoot then moves the ball directly in front of him. It's like he's forgotten how little time you get in the Prem and thought he was playing in the Dutch League again.

The first successful cutback takes the ball onto his right foot with the goal completely open The hesitation isn't because he's forgotten what country he's playing in, it's because he doesn't feel confident striking the ball with his right, which you can tell because he takes a further tiny touch on his right before he tries for the second unsuccessful cutback. Criminal lack of confidence in what should be basic technique.

He is one of the most infuriating players I have ever seen in a Saints shirt. Skillful and creative but no killer instinct. If he had any urgency about him he would be a fine player. Whatever, that was inexcusable, hope it won't cost us.

If he banged goals in more regularly he'd be off in the summer, let's look at players strengths rather than weaknesses and build a squad that can compete. A club our size can't afford or keep complete players.

The first successful cutback takes the ball onto his right foot with the goal completely open The hesitation isn't because he's forgotten what country he's playing in, it's because he doesn't feel confident striking the ball with his right, which you can tell because he takes a further tiny touch on his right before he tries for the second unsuccessful cutback. Criminal lack of confidence in what should be basic technique.

I get what you're saying, my point is that if the reason he f*cked up was because he wasn't confident on his right then he would have just taken the shot with his left foot instead of cutting back in the first place.

Can't find a weak spot, well maybe Clasie. But really well played, Saints.

Stoke are so poor at the back, this should be game over already. Their holding midfielders hardly track back. They leave a lot of space. Imbula seems very strong and agile but he's decision making leaves a lo to be desired.

Steven Davis always ahead of the game. Romeu won the back a few times.

Pelle's first touch has been perfect. The second goal mabye the goalie should have done more but good link up play with Tadic.

A combination of Stoke being horrible and the Saints being very good. Keep it up!

If he banged goals in more regularly he'd be off in the summer, let's look at players strengths rather than weaknesses and build a squad that can compete. A club our size can't afford or keep complete players.

Yeah good idea, let's build a squad full of not very good players so no-one else will ever buy them. That'll work.

The need to blame mate...

Yeah. I've often blamed myself for not being better at footy when I was a kid and not becoming a player 10 times better than Matty, and staying with Saints for my entire career and scoring 2 goals every single game. That was my fault. :(

I understand the frustration. I just don't understand the mental agility needed to blame a player for missing a sitter because a goal was conceded.

...because it would be 3-1? I can't see anyone blaming Tadic for us conceding, so I'm not sure what you're referring to :S