Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

The amount we will lose on Juanmi is the difference in what Everton will offer Koeman compared to us.

We could 'afford' to pay him what they are if we wanted to but its what is symbolises which is key.

Would anyone want him here just for the money?

Five of those were in one summer never happened before hasn't happened again. We are no more a selling club than anyone else bar one mad summer.

One summer could be an aberration two is possibly coincidence but what happens if it becomes three?

There are only so many rabbits we can keep pulling out of the hat

Also it doesn't give a very good message to our players if our last two successful up and coming managers both leave claiming lack of ambition (plus more money of course) One could be misguided but two in a row, if indeed it happens, will be more than a coincidence.

The club has banked a fair profit on transfers over the last two seasons and with the new TV money coming in we need to acknowledge that all clubs will be spending more so we should aim to loosen the purse strings and spend more on chosen elements of our team and management that have the greatest probability of achieving success. I would argue Koeman certainly falls into this category

I acknowledge we are a well run club that deals well with the changes that are necessary as we rightly insist on working within prescribed budgets and that as a result we attract good unnoticed players and give them a stage to display their talents

(This is a well thought out strategy for a club of our size)

However the balance between good tight wage caps and annual budgets when set against change and stability is a difficult one to get right especially with more money pouring into the game. But we surely cannot continuously depend on our back room staff to keep coming up with good replacement managers and key players year after year without increased risk of getting it wrong. Therefore I believe that with the funds we now have we can and need to err a tad on the side of stability this season

The profits made on transfers over the last two seasons plus the new TV deal should enable us to be selective on who we decide to spend money on too keep and who we don't!

Bet there has been a few Whatsapps between the players about this. Wonder how much it annoys/bothers them or if they half expected it? Some like Harry Reed possibly pleased. Does give an easy out excuse for anyone who needs one though.

Next appointment will need to galvanise and motivate again like Koeman did so well at first.

You can't contain yourself on this can you? :lol:

What do you reckon the WhatsApp messages have been saying? :lol:

One summer could be an aberration two is possibly coincidence but what happens if it becomes three?

Also it doesn't give a very good message to our players if our last two successful up and coming managers both leave claiming lack of ambition (plus more money of course) One could be misguided but two in a row, if indeed it happens, will be more than a coincidence.

The club has banked a fair profit on transfers over the last two seasons and with the new TV money coming in we need to acknowledge that all clubs will be spending more so we should aim to loosen the purse strings and spend more on chosen elements of our team and management that have the greatest probability of achieving success. I would argue Koeman certainly falls into this category

I acknowledge we are a well run club that deals well with the changes that are necessary as we rightly insist on working within prescribed budgets and that as a result we attract good unnoticed players and give them a stage to display their talents

However the balance between good tight wage caps and annual budgets when set against change and stability is a difficult one to get right especially with more money pouring into the game. But we surely cannot continuously depend on our back room staff to keep coming up with good replacement managers and key players year after year without increased risk of getting it wrong. Therefore I believe that with the funds we now have we can and need to err a tad on the side of stability this season

The profits made on transfers over the last two seasons plus the new TV deal should enable us to be selective on who we decide to spend money on too keep and who we don't!

Good post overall.

We are a team that has been top 8 three years in a row in the PL but still act like we feel we don't quite belong there.

I wouldn't get too wound up by it. Tis only Scousers who think lIverpool is wonderful. Although we don't have much to boast about although unfair not to include the impressive skyline as you approach Redbridge flyover.

If they think it's that wonderful why do so many of them want to escape at the first opportunity?

Well when we get to two summers when we sell lots of players I'll start to worry so far we've had one.....

Tbh I'm actually quite relaxed about all of this. The club is in a good position to attract a new manager if Koeman does go. The Board WILL have a short list of potential replacements and they have shown they are prepared to force players to stay for at least one more season.

It is frustrating of course but we are not in the same position as last time.

Good post. I have been lead to believe Saints have two other managers in mind for a couple of months. Koeman is aware of this because extension negotiations were inevitable this Summer. Ralph and Les were not prepared to settle for next season being under

the cloud of Koeman leaving at the end.

Hope Les Reed's second job as French finance minister has not led to him taking his eye off the ball:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/12/eu-referendum-brexit-britain-michel-sapin-economy

Aha with the state of the French economy for him to deal with it's no wonder he has no money left to splash out on Koeman and players

Yup. That's the end of that.

Lost a fair bit of respect for Koeman. Although I'm sure he's not that bothered ;)

I think Koeman is a massive ****.

his talk of showing ambition really meant, how much will we pay him

Have info, very limited in what i can say. Very regrettable. The second I can say more, I will. :thumbup:

Appreciated.

'Very regrettable'. Hmmmmm.....

I look forward to more.

Have a virtual pint on me.

Are you being serious, one meltdown after a change of power at the club, followed by a normal summer for a team of our size. Both followed, incidentally, by brilliant seasons. Do people really believe this ****.

Are you being serious, one meltdown after a change of power at the club, followed by a normal summer for a team of our size. Both followed, incidentally, by brilliant seasons. Do people really believe this ****.

Well actually I am but I suggest you read the rest of my post as my argument is about the balance of frugal spending change and stability

Okay - my first bit of speculation (putting aside my 'present mined' mind for now). Based on nothing more than Guan's posts!!!!

Ron's off...and he's doing it for the money.

We made a decent offer, and he was bought in to our ambition/vision. Hence the positive noises pre-holiday, the 'lawyers doing the detail' and the 'Everton get lost' stuff in the media. We needed to show ambition to Ron, and did so.

Everton got the hump/decided he is their main man and offered silly money: new owner making a mark. We decided not to match.

However the lure of the extra £££££, possibly coupled with the fact it will be easier (i.e. less expectation) at Everton next season that at Saints, has caused Ron a change of heart.

Compensation will be sorted in the next few days.

AVB will be the new manager.

And it remains an amazing time to be a Saints fan.........in Europe, and we clearly have ambition and plans for development.

Okay - my first bit of speculation (putting aside my 'present mined' mind for now). Based on nothing more than Guan's posts!!!!

Ron's off...and he's doing it for the money.

We made a decent offer, and he was bought in to our ambition/vision. Hence the positive noises pre-holiday, the 'lawyers doing the detail' and the 'Everton get lost' stuff in the media. We needed to show ambition to Ron, and did so.

Everton got the hump/decided he is their main man and offered silly money: new owner making a mark. We decided not to match.

However the lure of the extra £££££, possibly coupled with the fact it will be easier (i.e. less expectation) at Everton next season that at Saints, has caused Ron a change of heart.

Compensation will be sorted in the next few days.

AVB will be the new manager.

And it remains an amazing time to be a Saints fan.........in Europe, and we clearly have ambition and plans for development.

baseless!!!

Have info, very limited in what i can say. Very regrettable. The second I can say more, I will. :thumbup:

Very regrettable in that the info is limited or very regrettable you cant tell us yet ??

I think Koeman is a massive ****.

his talk of showing ambition really meant, how much will we pay him

Yep, "ambition" = cash!!! Doesn't matter how much we pay him, once he has an offer from a big club he'll be off anyway. Whatever "ambition" we display will never be enough.

Edited by Chalkboy

wouldn't you accept him?

not as if he is coming directly from pompey in any recent past, is it?

I would take him .

The point I was making was Crook , when asked about his Boscombe connections said something along the lines of , it's not like he's got skate ones . In fact he has, so my point was a so called expert , whi kept saying " the fans this an the fans think that " , was pretty clueless

Tbh I'm actually quite relaxed about all of this. The club is in a good position to attract a new manager if Koeman does go. The Board WILL have a short list of potential replacements and they have shown they are prepared to force players to stay for at least one more season.

It is frustrating of course but we are not in the same position as last time.

Good post. I have been lead to believe Saints have two other managers in mind for a couple of months. Koeman is aware of this because extension negotiations were inevitable this Summer. Ralph and Les were not prepared to settle for next season being under

the cloud of Koeman leaving at the end.

baseless!!!

Yep!

However, should he go to Everton........

Is he doing it for 'the new stadium'.....given he'll be off to Arse/Barca/Holland job in a year or two anyway: so no.

Is he unhappy about further player sales/rebuilding at Saints.....in light of the fact they'll be loads of this at Everton: not a factor...happens either way.

Is he impressed by a £100M kitty..... that's not a lot of £ when you need 6-8 signings, plus any that leave.

Is he interested in a massive payrise....could be.

Is the job at Everton next season easier than the one at Saints? Yep.

Playing devil's advocate here Ron may well feel that he's taken us as far as he can and, TBF, I think I'd agree and this is also the time where his stock is the highest. If he moves, albeit sideways, and improves Everton, having used big money to do so and managed the egos that go with that, he'll have shown that he's ready for a top 4 side or Barca.

For Saints what have the Board done wrong? Nothing IMHO. Manager says he's staying but won't pen a new agreement which leaves everyone in limbo. Ok Reed pipes up about contracts etc but really, is that such a big deal saying that we've offered RK a new deal?

Manager then decides to leave and the club appoint someone new. To go down the route of offering him the moon on a stick would be foolhardy. I'd like him to stay but we've been just as good for RK as he has been for us and f he goes, then good luck to him, but my life will go on and I'll still support whoever is out on the pitch. The Board have earnt my trust so I'll just sit back as see what happens without stressing.

Yep!

However, should he go to Everton........

Is he doing it for 'the new stadium'.....given he'll be off to Arse/Barca/Holland job in a year or two anyway: so no.

Is he unhappy about further player sales/rebuilding at Saints.....in light of the fact they'll be loads of this at Everton: not a factor...happens either way.

Is he impressed by a £100M kitty..... that's not a lot of £ when you need 6-8 signings, plus any that leave.

Is he interested in a massive payrise....could be.

Is the job at Everton next season easier than the one at Saints? Yep.

changed your mind quickly. the last 24 hours it was all in peoples minds. now you have come round???

he is off, isnt he. it was obvious this was on the cards given the huge amount of attention this story has gotten from various parts of the media

hmmm AVB croaky voice annoyed me and his Spurs team didn't inspire me until Bale was on fire and probably one of the top 5 in form players in the world...Will wait and see how he does though if it is him.

He still got more points than MP did this year, it's just that the league was a lot more open and they were able to finish in the Top 4. I think they finished 5th with 73pts in his first season.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/spanish-primera-division/story/2843897/andre-villas-boas-likely-will-take-sabbatical-next-year

Also goes against his comments of

"I will go back to my family in Portugal and mostly likely stop coaching for one year, this is a decision I have taken with my family and nothing will change it."

Nothing except the mighty saints! Haha

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/spanish-primera-division/story/2843897/andre-villas-boas-likely-will-take-sabbatical-next-year

Also goes against his comments of

"I will go back to my family in Portugal and mostly likely stop coaching for one year, this is a decision I have taken with my family and nothing will change it."

Nothing except the mighty saints! Haha

As we've seen in the last few weeks, words seemingly mean nout!

Marcel Van der kraan just said on talksport, that Koeman was renown for staying at clubs and that saints are digging their heels in.

Translation by matter face and gouge is that deals done within 48 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Playing devil's advocate here Ron may well feel that he's taken us as far as he can and, TBF, I think I'd agree and this is also the time where his stock is the highest. If he moves, albeit sideways, and improves Everton, having used big money to do so and managed the egos that go with that, he'll have shown that he's ready for a top 4 side or Barca.

For Saints what have the Board done wrong? Nothing IMHO. Manager says he's staying but won't pen a new agreement which leaves everyone in limbo. Ok Reed pipes up about contracts etc but really, is that such a big deal saying that we've offered RK a new deal?

Manager then decides to leave and the club appoint someone new. To go down the route of offering him the moon on a stick would be foolhardy. I'd like him to stay but we've been just as good for RK as he has been for us and f he goes, then good luck to him, but my life will go on and I'll still support whoever is out on the pitch. The Board have earnt my trust so I'll just sit back as see what happens without stressing.

Spot on.

I would add one more thing to it regarding the replacement . Had CR been appointed here instead of Leicester , this place would have been in meltdown . Les & Ralph would have been called all sorts of things. Let's judge the new guy on the pitch , rather than before a balls been kicked

Marcel Van der kraan just said on talksport, that Koeman was renown for staying at clubs and that saints are digging their heels in.

Translation by matter face and gouge is that deals done within 48 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Materface is a skate