Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

changed your mind quickly. the last 24 hours it was all in peoples minds. now you have come round???

he is off, isnt he. it was obvious this was on the cards given the huge amount of attention this story has gotten from various parts of the media

The facts aren't in peoples minds...they're facts. It's always our thinking around them that leads to fun and games. Based on habitual thinking patterns, our tendancy for uncontrolled mind wandering (and the human ability for stimulus independent thought). Add in differing levels of stress, the physiological changes that occur in line with this (tunnel vision, lack of big-picture thibking and negativity bias). I could go on.

It's generally best to focus on the reality of the moment...i.e. the facts as you know them (rather than rumours and the emotional reaction to them).

As I said in the previous post......I put aside by choice to focus on the factual element, and chose to step into the imaginary.

I think it is way too early to bash Koeman in regards to it being about money. It can be for a lot of other reasons.

I.e He doesnt want to be here after next season and has been told to go now. He has been told players have to go and wants out, been told he cant sign the players he wants. The terms of the new contract were not great or fitting of a top 6 manager and so on.

All I have read so far is it is about money. I don't know Koeman but he doesnt strike me as a money grabber.

He seems an honest guy who wants to have a succesful managerial career. He is well respected across the globe and has always honoured his contracts. Or been sacked.

There is a huge gamble taking on the Everton job. They have been on a downward spiral for a few years and to stop that will be very hard. If they are throwing money at him and their goal is to become a top 4 club then they are dreaming. If the goal is a top 6 club then they need to invest in a lot of players. Maybe they will do that. But maybe they buy a lot of players and it doesnt work out. Koeman then becomes the manager on the up to being another manager who couldnt replicate what he did elsewhere after spending big.

Would he risk tarnishing his career for a few extra million? Love or hate Potchetino he left us for a clearly bigger club. He has gone on to prove he is a very good manager. If Koeman fooks it up at Everton especially after spending a lot of money that will basically kill any chance he has of taking a job at one of the big clubs. Someone else will take on the Arsenal job. Holland might see him as not the right guy.

Of course it can go the other way. He could actually go on to do very well for them. He has experience in this league now. He knows what is expected. The type of players you need to succeed. I just dont think he would risk all that for a few extra quid in his pocket. If he continued here and did just as good as he had next season his options would become far greater and potential to earn even more money.

Why risk it all now?

hmmm AVB croaky voice annoyed me and his Spurs team didn't inspire me until Bale was on fire and probably one of the top 5 in form players in the world...Will wait and see how he does though if it is him.

I've not been following his progress but I wasn't that impressed with his football at Spurs - bored me to be honest. Maybe he's a lot better now. I suppose one positive would be he isn't likely to get poached by any of the "big" clubs and would be willing to take on the project with open arms - a chance to prove himself in the prem, unfinished business and all that, without the massive expectation. Anyway, Ron's a gonna by the looks of it and another team/manager for me to wish mighty failure upon raises it's head :(

Brilliant manager for us but no point having him here if his heart is not in it (or head if he's moving to Merseyside like Dejan!). #wemoveon. Again.

Just hope it wasn't something which could have been resolved in our favour by the board & it is all about him seeking more money/having taken us as far as he can/ambition/whatever else.

The real kick in the teeth is if he persuades Everton to stump up the cash to meet VVD's release clause. Then we're really in trouble.

Everton will be looking for better players than him mate. They don't need a stepping stone CB when they can buy the world'a best.

He seems an honest guy who wants to have a succesful managerial career. He is well respected across the globe and has always honoured his contracts. Or been sacked.

Have a look at his management record and you'll see that he doesn't always honour his contracts.

I posted a quote from one of our Dutch contributors last night here it is again;

"Koeman used to say that "you have to jump on the train when it comes along" in the past so he left some clubs before the ending of his contract. However, he acknowledged that this harmed his reputation and his career was a bit at a dead end before he joined Feyenoord. He stayed for three years and left with a very good feeling about getting things done. With this experience in mind he won't break his contract as easily as before but off course that might be different when he gets a mega offer from a different club and the Saints go along."

It would appear that it's all aboard the Everton Express for Ron.

It may well be that Koeman is prepared to stay but will not sign a new one year extension

a one year extension even if he leaves at the end of next season ( as would be likely) means we would get compensation

The board do not want to go into the last year without an extension as they do not want the team to play the way Man C did when they knew Pelligrini was going

looks like they would prefer he went now when we would get compensated are in a good position to attract a good replacement and we have funds for the new manager to spend rather than a departing Koeman

If that is the case the issue revolves entirely around whether we can get him to sign a new two year contract

Am hearing this supposed 100m war chest includes what would be raised from the Sales of Stones and Lukaku so he'll be getting about 30m net to spend !?

to be fair, significantly more than he gets with us. sadly

Saint Charlie loves it.

Was a joke and obviously about the Euros.

There isn't anything to love and equally nothing to hate. Saints were around long before Koeman was on the scene and will do fine after he goes.

Its a bit frustrating but its Saints and it wouldn't really be the same any other way.

Cedric not impressed:

@OficialCedric: Apesar das adversidades lutámos até ao fim. Hoje continuamos a preparação rumo ao Euro

He's refering to Ronaldo's Champions League celebration. My 3 years of Portuguese lessons were not wasted!

Was a joke and obviously about the Euros.

There isn't anything to love and equally nothing to hate. Saints were around long before Koeman was on the scene and will do fine after he goes.

Its a bit frustrating but its Saints and it wouldn't really be the same any other way.

I think it's a nightmare tbh. Really sad for the club. But at least it gives you something to post on every two minutes

Sorry Charlie but you are a prize tool

For making a joke that anyone with a few braincells would spot? Lighten up!

FYI once you admit to yourself he is going despite it not being on the OS it will make it easier.

His loss, frustrating yes but we move on like always.

For making a joke that anyone with a few braincells would spot? Lighten up!

FYI once you admit to yourself he is going despite it not being on the OS it will make it easier.

His loss, frustrating yes but we move on like always.

Do us a favour an STFU for a while or at least go and bore the t it's off people elsewhere.

You are about as funny as a broken leg

If he goes he goes, it will be a shame but carry on, but your cretinous posting of all this speculation

tells me you need to get a life

We will know either way sooner or later

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC