Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

I wouldnt call him a liar as such. He did say he doesnt want to be a project manager and be at a club who's ambition is to rebuild every season. After two years of doing that you can understand why he wouldnt want to do it again.

If he goes which looks likely (Toby part 2) then I don't blame him for a second. He has done fantastic for us. If he would rather leave a top 6 club for a club in the bottom half then it shows he either buys into their ambition above ours, or he wants a lot of cash. If it is the cash then he can do one. But i think it is the ambition. Our board/owner have got themselves into a pattern of selling every summer. We might not like it but that is the truth. If lower teams start taking them from us then that is when i become worried.

We sold two players last summer, none so far this summer. This idea we are a massive selling club is a myth that is becoming fact, in some peoples minds, based on one bad summer.

Love the hypocrisy on this board.

We moan like f**k at Everton coming in to steal our manager, but it's perfectly acceptable for us to do the same to Bournemouth.

Don't see it that way at all. People are in the main ****ed at Ronald who said he would stay but now looks like he might go. Rather than take it out on him, they transfer the hate at Everton who are trying to get him. I doubt there is any real malice towards a club signing a manager. People don't want to be caught calling Ronald a **** as yet in case he stays, it's always better to have the villain as a third party not connected until such time as the scenario happens.

We moan like f**k at Everton coming in to steal our manager, but it's perfectly acceptable for us to do the same to Bournemouth.

Yeah and if he comes it will only be motivated by being a greedy bastrd. Where's the loyalty!

Don't see it that way at all. People are in the main ****ed at Ronald who said he would stay but now looks like he might go. Rather than take it out on him, they transfer the hate at Everton who are trying to get him. I doubt there is any real malice towards a club signing a manager. People don't want to be caught calling Ronald a **** as yet in case he stays, it's always better to have the villain as a third party not connected until such time as the scenario happens.

I will always hate Everton. No hate to transfer there

It's the way of going about things mate.

I posted earlier that if we were to take Howe, it would be on Bournemouth's terms and I wouldn't use the media to pressurise the situation.

Everton on the other hand have completely gone about the situation disgustingly, straight out of Mr Levy's book of dealing with transfers... Not to forget the use of press

It's the way of going about things mate.

I posted earlier that if we were to take Howe, it would be on Bournemouth's terms and I wouldn't use the media to pressurise the situation.

Everton on the other hand have completely gone about the situation disgustingly, straight out of Mr Levy's book of dealing with transfers... Not to forget the use of press

Point stands that everyone likes poaching and nobody likes being poached.

We sold two players last summer, none so far this summer. This idea we are a massive selling club is a myth that is becoming fact, in some peoples minds, based on one bad summer.

We have sold Morgan, Lallana, Shaw, Chambers, Clyne, Lambert, Cork, Lovren in the past 2 seasons. If Koeman goes do you really think we will be holding on to everybody?

Plus has the transfer market opened yet? I thought it was the first of July?

That's like saying it's hypocritical to cheer when we win a match because we're upset when someone wins against us...

F**k, lets just get this done either way and move on.

Serious doubts about our ambition and Uncle Les's vision ability to sell the club considering the last 3 summers

If we are not careful, what with 6 Europe League games distracting us and f**k knows what collateral damage in the transfer market resulting from this, we could be facing relegation next season.

If there were over reactions and OVER REACTIONS this is the best of ther best... :lol:

Looks like RL is wearing a thick scarf or jumper in that photo....and its June. A ****e June tbf, but still...i'm skeptical!

He has just come back from the Caribbean to a damp, soggy UK.

Oh. Just seen it was taken in Dec 2014.

Edited by Ashby Saint
Further info in subsequent post.

Well he cant be going. I bought a season ticket yesterday and got an email this morning from Ronald himself saying how pleased he was that I'd bought a season ticket and that he and the players will value my support next season so he must be staying.

Well he cant be going. I bought a season ticket yesterday and got an email this morning from Ronald himself saying how pleased he was that I'd bought a season ticket and that he and the players will value my support next season so he must be staying.

Maybe why no comment the poor bugger is busy drafting emails. Respect for the effort though

Call me crazy but i dont see Koeman going anywhere, he said publicly a lot of times he regretted leaving PSV early for Valencia and that in the future he wouldn't do that again. Now if Barca came along i can see him taking that train cause thats his dream but for Everton? I dont see it happening.

Koeman has already primed us to expect a couple of players leaving. I wonder if Les signed JWP, VVD and FF on big deals in case Koeman left and then wanted to poach them, big sell on clauses I would suspect. How many CL places will be needed next year for all these wealthy owners trying to buy success, they can't all be top 4.

That isn't what's happening, so not sure why you're getting wound up.

Call me crazy but i dont see Koeman going anywhere, he said publicly a lot of times he regretted leaving PSV early for Valencia and that in the future he wouldn't do that again. Now if Barca came along i can see him taking that train cause thats his dream but for Everton? I dont see it happening.

You're crazy ;)

He has just come back from the Caribbean to a damp, soggy UK.

Oh. Just seen it was taken in Dec 2014.

And there's Christmas lights.

And no earlobes. NO EARLOBES!

How do we know it is even Ron??!!!

Alex Crook on Talksport about an hour ago

saying he is pretty shocked by all of this as Ronald has said numerous times in the last weeks of the season that he would be staying

suggested that maybe ronald could be cashing out now as this is good as it gets at saints

but does not get why everton as they wont be finishing 6th any time soon

Mentioned that Howe is very fondly thought of by Reed should ronald leave

We have sold Morgan, Lallana, Shaw, Chambers, Clyne, Lambert, Cork, Lovren in the past 2 seasons. If Koeman goes do you really think we will be holding on to everybody?

Plus has the transfer market opened yet? I thought it was the first of July?

Five of those were in one summer never happened before hasn't happened again. We are no more a selling club than anyone else bar one mad summer.

Looks like RL is wearing a thick scarf or jumper in that photo....and its June. A ****e June tbf, but still...i'm skeptical!

He does say in the write up that it is an old photo, but the meeting DID happen, but because he now works in security he is unable to have his mobile on him during work...

Alex Crook on Talksport about an hour ago

saying he is pretty shocked by all of this as Ronald has said numerous times in the last weeks of the season that he would be staying

suggested that maybe ronald could be cashing out now as this is good as it gets at saints

but does not get why everton as they wont be finishing 6th any time soon

Mentioned that Howe is very fondly thought of by Reed should ronald leave

I thought it was Hawksbee who said " he won't get Everton higher than 6th " rather than they won't get 6th . Also thought Howe was his suggestion rather than Les' . But to be honest I didn't listen too hard .Once he said that Saints fans will accept him despite his Boscombe connections , contrasting that with Portsmouth connections , I put him in the clueless camp . Howe is a skate and he didn't appear to know that .

I thought it was Hawksbee who said " he won't get Everton higher than 6th " rather than they won't get 6th . Also thought Howe was his suggestion rather than Les' . But to be honest I didn't listen too hard .Once he said that Saints fans will accept him despite his Boscombe connections , contrasting that with Portsmouth connections , I put him in the clueless camp . Howe is a skate and he didn't appear to know that .

JWP is a skate too

But Crook was making the point that he had Bournemouth connections not Skate ones , so supporters would accept him

wouldn't you accept him?

not as if he is coming directly from pompey in any recent past, is it?

It seems alpine is saying that if we can't have koeman sign now then he should go. Because he can't handle uncertainty. Personally I'd rather have days or weeks of not knowing then him stay than have him confirmed as everton manager today!

Doesnt work like that.

We could get days or weeks of not knowing then him leave, and be left f**k-all time to find a replacement.

I've never even thought that Eddie Howe was a skate - did he play for them then? If I am honest, apart from Redknapp walking back through the door, there isn't any high profile football person I would not want at the club because he is a "skate". David Nugent maybe if he suddenly became a manager. Avram. I'm struggling.

Let's not be tinpot about this.