Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

I've never even thought that Eddie Howe was a skate - did he play for them then? If I am honest, apart from Redknapp walking back through the door, there isn't any high profile football person I would not want at the club because he is a "skate". David Nugent maybe if he suddenly became a manager. Avram. I'm struggling.

Let's not be tinpot about this.

Same, any Pompey connections have never crossed my mind. I don't remember any mouth breather getting upset when he was in the running after Pards.

Would be pretty happy with Howe but would prefer someone with continental experience/connections.

For Koeman the decision to switch Agent is paying off nicely. Probably why he switched.

In all honesty its #1 reason i could think of to change your agent.

I can imagine a scenario whereby RK asked old agent whats best renew deal he can get and whats on alternately and the agent says £3M from saints maybe £4.5m elsewhere - then RK interviews/ bumps into in a corridor or is directly contacted by a.n.other agent with surprise surprise links to evertons owners + board who says if you sign with me i can get you £7m from Everton and a big war chest. But then again maybe im too cynical.

JWP is a skate too

But he is only 21.

Must admit I didn't know Howe had any Pompey connections, but really 2 games in 2 years. Stokes, Channon and Big Ron played for Pompey many more times than that. More conserning is Howe's connections with Redkrapp.

Not bothered if Koeman goes, what worries me is what players he will tempt away from us.

Why do people think just because he would go, players will follow him? It didn't happen with Poch, so why would we allow it now?

Plus if what Le Goddard says is true, some of them may be happy he's leaving.

There is a game at St Mary's live tonight, streamed on Youtube with commentary by the TrueGeordie who is also coming down today.

Not sure who is playing but it is for charity + will take my mind off Koeman + I'd watch any football haha

The fact that MP and RK have been so succesful at Saints should be credited as much to the club structure and culture as their own ability. Yes they are good managers BUT working within a good system and strategy. I remember when the likes of Bob Paisley etc. emerged from the ranks of the back room at Liverpo0l people wondered what they were doing. Nobody outside of the club had heard of them. BUT what they had was a strong culture and philosophy that penetrated everything at the club such that people could come in at any level and just integrate with little disruption. We should give SFC some credit..

My view on that is, that could be a photo from any time not yesterday and why would he say to some random person we are signing two more dutch players. He's one seriously ****ed up person if he's a saints fan and making it all up though.

Gone very quiet on here and the bookies prices have stuck for a few hours.

Calm before the storm...

Talking of odds you can get 3/1 Lukaku and 7/2 Stones being at Everton after transfer window. #sellingclub

No place for post like that on here ffs.........troll ;)

Yeah I know, Heaven forbid that we show any signs of optimism and positivity! ;)

On the plus side though this does, as far as I can see, look like one of those stories with no foundation that has grown wings and taken off big time.

Yeah I know, Heaven forbid that we show any signs of optimism and positivity! ;)

On the plus side though this does, as far as I can see, look like one of those stories with no foundation that has grown wings and taken off big time.

Yeah but aren't you still thinking the Paris shootings were the work of the IRA[emoji855]

The fact that MP and RK have been so succesful at Saints should be credited as much to the club structure and culture as their own ability. Yes they are good managers BUT working within a good system and strategy. I remember when the likes of Bob Paisley etc. emerged from the ranks of the back room at Liverpo0l people wondered what they were doing. Nobody outside of the club had heard of them. BUT what they had was a strong culture and philosophy that penetrated everything at the club such that people could come in at any level and just integrate with little disruption. We should give SFC some credit..

This is true of the many players who have left for big fees and mostly been spectacular failures elsewhere. Conversely of course the incoming players who have improved to the point where many have become established internationals during their time here.

It's about the culture of this club - not about individuals.

Think it has gone too far now, has Koeman burnt his bridges with board already? Will they want him after the way he is behaving?

Can you provide some specific, factual information on how he is behaving?

Pretty disgraceful article....all those lovely buildings they are gloating about... Built on the proceeds of the slave to trade... Yep lots to be proud of there

I wouldn't get too wound up by it. Tis only Scousers who think lIverpool is wonderful. Although we don't have much to boast about although unfair not to include the impressive skyline as you approach Redbridge flyover.

Edited by whelk

Bet there has been a few Whatsapps between the players about this. Wonder how much it annoys/bothers them or if they half expected it? Some like Harry Reed possibly pleased. Does give an easy out excuse for anyone who needs one though.

Next appointment will need to galvanise and motivate again like Koeman did so well at first.

The board are playing this the best they can. If Everton want to speak to him (officially) they have to get Southampton's permission. Once that request comes in the board will seek to agree potential compensation and then will ask Koeman if he wants to speak to them. At that point they can say he forced the move etc, secure a package and pluck another rabbit out of the hat.

I like Les Reed, I like the fact we have a price and stick to it but I fear we are publically a little too soft and naive.

Bet there has been a few Whatsapps between the players about this. Wonder how much it annoys/bothers them or if they half expected it? Some like Harry Reed possibly pleased. Does give an easy out excuse for anyone who needs one though.

Next appointment will need to galvanise and motivate again like Koeman did so well at first.

Bet a lot of them are quite happy, Tadic included.

The board are playing this the best they can. If Everton want to speak to him (officially) they have to get Southampton's permission. Once that request comes in the board will seek to agree potential compensation and then will ask Koeman if he wants to speak to them. At that point they can say he forced the move etc, secure a package and pluck another rabbit out of the hat.

I like Les Reed, I like the fact we have a price and stick to it but I fear we are publically a little too soft and naive.

Or we just say no to the compensation, put him on gardening leave for a year and bring in a new Manager.

Think it has gone too far now, has Koeman burnt his bridges with board already? Will they want him after the way he is behaving?

What exactly has he actually done? (as opposed to allegations). As far as I can see so far he has gone on holiday and returned. He has a year left on his contract which he has always maintained he will see through. He hasn't signed an extension for us, but he has no need to because he already has a contract in place. So I repeat, what exactly has he done?

Maybe I am a bit naive and have a belief in people's integrity, but I still expect him to be our manager next season. If not, then it will say much more about the Club than him, since the reason he might move on is as he has said if the Club do not match his ambition (he would not leave for the money, however attractive that might be).

I expect within minutes of me posting this, the announcement will be made that he is a Toffee

Tbh I'm actually quite relaxed about all of this. The club is in a good position to attract a new manager if Koeman does go. The Board WILL have a short list of potential replacements and they have shown they are prepared to force players to stay for at least one more season.

It is frustrating of course but we are not in the same position as last time.

Can't we just offer him more than them? 10mil isn't even an expensive player transfer fee these days.. :D

The amount we will lose on Juanmi is the difference in what Everton will offer Koeman compared to us.

We could 'afford' to pay him what they are if we wanted to but its what is symbolises which is key.

Or we just say no to the compensation, put him on gardening leave for a year and bring in a new Manager.

In the real world I am a Commercial Director. I'd just like to point out that turning down £2.5m compensation and paying someone not to work £2.5m to prove a point is not a very business savvy thing to do.

I am quite sure the £100k a week could be spent more productively.

Long:

“He’s been brilliant for me, you can see how much my game has come on and I hope he does stay,” Long told Sky Sports.

“We’re kind of cut off from the outside world here, I don’t know much about what’s going on. I think you know more than I do.

“Hopefully he’s still there come the summer but we’ll see.”

I think it is all part of his master plan to take over the world tbh les brain.jpg

Ralph is Pinky

Edited by Saint IQ

The amount we will lose on Juanmi is the difference in what Everton will offer Koeman compared to us.

We could 'afford' to pay him what they are if we wanted to but its what is symbolises which is key.

There are a number of issues with this but I will just raise a couple. 1. We have no idea what Ron has been offered by Everton, or if he has been offered anything at all. 2. I expect we have a figure in our budget for wages from the grounds man up to the manager. As with the players, I doubt if there is a great deal of wiggle room in what we want to pay our manager. If I were Les I certainly wouldn't want to be made to dance to another clubs tune when it comes to wages. If indeed that is what is happening, which we don't know is the case.

Ha, that sums up their bitter victimhood.

If anyone has typed in 'Koeman' in the search function of twitter over the last few days would find nothing but Everton fans desperate to tell the world how small time we are. I can't imagine us doing the same about Bournemouth for example. Everton's own inferiority issues coming out I guess.

Everton reportedly accidently uploaded an article on their OS stating "#welcomekoeman: blues appoint Ronald Koeman as new Everton manager." It was quickly removed.

Can you tell me where you saw/read this?

Everton reportedly accidently uploaded an article on their OS stating "#welcomekoeman: blues appoint Ronald Koeman as new Everton manager." It was quickly removed.

It was a trolling / fabricated article.

That's not how publishing on the Internet works.