Be a Red Devil for the day

Maggie May

On reflection, I guess in the split second he had to make a decision both players were on the floor so he probably didn't see there was an advantage to be played. Benefit of the doubt and all that

That's the thing, he didn't have to make a 'split second' decision. In fact refs never do TBH, I don't get why he couldn't have waited a couple of seconds to see how it panned out. If you're going to stop play anyway, why not wait?

That's the thing, he didn't have to make a 'split second' decision. In fact refs never do TBH, I don't get why he couldn't have waited a couple of seconds to see how it panned out. If you're going to stop play anyway, why not wait?

Fair point sir.

I've highlighted the key word.

Nope. Just giving the ball away stupidly, which lead to that Palace f/k.

Rooney looks a real liability so far. He's slowed down the United attack and given the ball away to Palace in dangerous areas. United's best hope of winning would be to sub him as soon as possible. Let's hope he doesn't play for England in the summer.

But I still hope he scores because we really need United to win this game.

Unless Palace win, Clattenburg has effectively ruined this cup final. Even if Man U get three goals in the second half the appalling decisions to stop play when Palace had scoring opportunities will already be affecting both teams. Clattenburg has demonstrated why those who said he should not have been allowed to referee this match are shown to be right. A look at his history on the web shows how the FA have had to protect him over his insulting attitude towards players and on their track record they will protect him from his incompetence today.

This game has now been ruined for Man U as well because if they end up with the cup, it will be an embarrassment. Only a Palace win will now put the shocking refereeing decisions out of mind.

Edit: Remember the straight red for Wanyama against West Ham when it was questionable whether there was any contact.

Edited by Professor