• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

The way it’s playing out the saviours of Brexit could well turn out to be Gina Miller and Dominic Grieve. Millers Supreme Court case ensured Parliament legislated for A50 and therefore the leaving date is written in law(it also means royal prerogative can’t be used to revoke it). And Grieve’s insistence on a meaningful vote in both Commons and Lords, also stopped May’s use of Royal Prerogative. Without Grieve’s intervention this deal would have been signed, sealed, and delivered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, interesting article on that here:-

https://brexitcentral.com/parliament-cannot-simply-block-no-deal-claiming-default-option/

There's no need to defend anything about the EU, as we are leaving it because of what it has become, not what it was all those years ago.

Margaret Thatcher, it is a pity that there was only one of her. We could do with another younger one of her right now.

And you really do yourself no favours with this puerile, infantile name calling. How old are you, as a matter of interest?

Three questions:

1. How exactly has the single market changed at all since Thatcher helped introduce it?

2. Am I more puerile than Shylock? Please say yes! But I take your point and should credit you properly as the Caliph of Bassett Green. Better?

3. Would you like a Corbyn as a new recruit? He'd fit right in as he seems to be planning a night of broken glass on Brexit day.

https://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn/status/1066561373440802816

Three questions:

1. How exactly has the single market changed at all since Thatcher helped introduce it?

2. Am I more puerile than Shylock? Please say yes! But I take your point and should credit you properly as the Caliph of Bassett Green. Better?

3. Would you like a Corbyn as a new recruit? He'd fit right in as he seems to be planning a night of broken glass on Brexit day.

https://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn/status/1066561373440802816

The single market hasn't changed overmuch, but then when Margaret Thatcher helped introduced it, freedom of movement didn't then imply hordes in the hundreds of thousands of immigrants into the UK from the ex-Soviet Union states who had subsequently joined the EU, did it?

Regarding the puerile name calling, you are both equally as childish. And if you are going to persist in your kindergarten name calling, why Bassett Green? If you're not bright enough to figure it out, there is a clue as to my place of residence; it is in my user name.

You didn't say how old you are. Judging by the infantile nature of many of your posts, I'm guessing that you have to be a teenager.

The single market hasn't changed overmuch, but then when Margaret Thatcher helped introduced it, freedom of movement didn't then imply hordes in the hundreds of thousands of immigrants into the UK from the ex-Soviet Union states who had subsequently joined the EU, did it?

Regarding the puerile name calling, you are both equally as childish. And if you are going to persist in your kindergarten name calling, why Bassett Green? If you're not bright enough to figure it out, there is a clue as to my place of residence; it is in my user name.

You didn't say how old you are. Judging by the infantile nature of many of your posts, I'm guessing that you have to be a teenager.

Where does shatlock rank in the puerile name-calling Les?

I see that France (or at least Macron) is insisting that any future trade deal the EU is prepared to give us, will be dependent on us granting them access to fishing our territorial waters post Brexit. Ditto Spain is threatening the same if we refuse to negotiate a joint sovereignty with them over Gibraltar. Now is the time to say to both of them that there really is no point in progressing any future trade deal with them if these are preconditions to it. Tell them now that both are not negotiable and if they can't accept that, then both we and they would be wasting our time discussing it any further.

Now is the time to say to both of them that there really is no point in progressing any future trade deal with them if these are preconditions to it. Tell them now that both are not negotiable and if they can't accept that, then both we and they would be wasting our time discussing it any further.

We can’t if the WA goes through. The backstop would kick in after 2 years & we’d be stuck in the CU. May has managed to get us in a position where we can’t walk away. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can’t if the WA goes through. The backstop would kick in after 2 years & we’d be stuck in the CU. May has managed to get us in a position where we can’t walk away. Ever.

Yes, I know. Which is why we need to ask France and Spain now to accept that there is no point in us signing the WA and progressing to the trade negotiations if either of them is going to make a future trade deal dependent on those concessions. Tell them now that we won't allow it and if they don't accept that, we are all wasting out time. But that assumes that May has 1) the balls, 2) the negotiating intelligence, 3) the desire to actually leave the EU as an independent sovereign nation rather than remaining a vassal colony of it.

Those immigrants eh. Glad you’re showing your true colours Les.

Did you see that this year the shortfall of EU migrants was made up with non-EU migrants?

Who'd have guessed!?

Did you see that this year the shortfall of EU migrants was made up with non-EU migrants?

Who'd have guessed!?

I'm not anti-immigration. I'm anti uncontrolled immigration, as my post suggested. When we are out, even the hopeless May crows that we will be able to choose those immigrants who are able to offer the skill credentials we need. But as it is her saying it, I'll take it with a giant pinch of salt. She didn't cover herself in glory when she was in charge of immigration as one of the longest serving Home Secretaries, and she is even worse as PM.

I'm not anti-immigration. I'm anti uncontrolled immigration, as my post suggested. When we are out, even the hopeless May crows that we will be able to choose those immigrants who are able to offer the skill credentials we need. But as it is her saying it, I'll take it with a giant pinch of salt. She didn't cover herself in glory when she was in charge of immigration as one of the longest serving Home Secretaries, and she is even worse as PM.

Spoken like a true scared old man.

But I don't think we've seen true uncontrolled immigration yet - I would suggest that most of the people that have come in have come in to work. We have the lowest unemployment in God knows how long, yet we've had high uncontrolled immigration for years.

We also have the ability to send people home after 3 months if they haven't got a job - surely that is some sort of control?

So what is your issue with immigration? Using up too much of the country's resources?

Who'd have guessed!?

Yet non-EU migration is some thing that the government could control if they wanted to. Throughout May's 5 years as Home Secretary non-EU immigration was at roughly 150000 per year. If reducing numbers was so important, why did she do nothing?

Yet non-EU migration is some thing that the government could control if they wanted to. Throughout May's 5 years as Home Secretary non-EU immigration was at roughly 150000 per year. If reducing numbers was so important, why did she do nothing?

Does that mean we actually had 'control of our borders' ?

But I don't think we've seen true uncontrolled immigration yet - I would suggest that most of the people that have come in have come in to work. We have the lowest unemployment in God knows how long, yet we've had high uncontrolled immigration for years.

We also have the ability to send people home after 3 months if they haven't got a job - surely that is some sort of control?

So what is your issue with immigration? Using up too much of the country's resources?

Don't know if it is the same in England but in the Netherlands even the mainstream left wing politicians are now convinced immigration from Eastern Europe has to be controlled as there are too many coming in. Back in the day politicians expected 30 to 40.000 immigrants from Poland etc. who would eventually return to their home countries, we have more than 400.000 of them now and they're here to stay. Many of them don't integrate, they won't learn to speak the language, have their own shops and don't mingle with Dutch citizens. So after all the immigrants from Morocco and Turkey who can't get along in Dutch society, we're creating a new disaster with a new underclass. I could tell you about the riots in small towns who are fed up with drunken Poles etc. but the biggest problem is that these Eastern Europeans offer cheap labour for employers as those don't have to pay for things like a pension or social security due to shadowy employment contracts. This means that low skilled work (truck drivers, shop workers, plumbers, painters and so on) goes more and more to Eastern Europeans while unskilled Dutch, Moroccans, Turks have to claim social security benefits.

The Dutch government has repeatedly asked the EU to stop this situation but they refuse...

So the Bank of England is predicting a worse crash than 2008 in the event of no deal.

As this will be routinely dismissed as the views from a past-it Age of Experts, it seems we should formally usher in the Age of the Idiots.

So a question to the Jihadists on here. How many people's jobs are you prepared to detonate before the costs of Brexit are too high?

So the Bank of England is predicting a worse crash than 2008 in the event of no deal.

As this will be routinely dismissed as the views from a past-it Age of Experts, it seems we should formally usher in the Age of the Idiots.

So a question to the Jihadists on here. How many people's jobs are you prepared to detonate before the costs of Brexit are too high?

#projectfear #osborne #punishmentbudget #carneycanadiancvnt #minford4nobel

I remember when people were laughed at for daring to ignore the experts before the referendum.

Idiots!

A Sky poll finds that a majority of people in all age groups and in all UK regions feel neither a no deal Brexit nor May's deal 'would be worth it' if it meant lower economic growth than staying in the EU.

https://news.sky.com/story/most-britons-think-brexit-not-worth-economic-hit-sky-data-poll-finds-11566038

https://interactive.news.sky.com/BREXITECONOMY_TABS_281118.pdf

Edited by buctootim

No. As Mark Carney said in his press conference, The Bank of England has stress tested a scenario to make sure that the economy can cope under all circumstances.

As Andrew Lillico says

"An 8% contraction in GDP in 1 year wld be twice as big as the largest annual UK GDP contraction since modern records began in 1949 - ie 2009, which involved half the UK's banking sector being nationalised. An 8% of GDP contraction is the kind of number associated with a civil war"

"What seems like a credible number to assume for no deal, in some really bad case (not one I'd necessarily believe)? We shld think Winter of Discontent or 3-day week or early Thatcher mass strike action. 1974 saw a 2.5% contraction in GDP; 1980 was 2%. Those are sane. 8% isn't."

And so it begins, the project fear re-run. Loony Treasury forecasts, B of E Governor Carney wetting himself again, BBC news full of doom and gloom about the consequences of leaving without a deal. We will have to put up with this constant establishment propaganda until the so-called meaningful vote in the Commons in a couple of weeks time,whilst May frantically hits the airwaves and tours the country pleading for support for her ridiculous sell-out to her beloved EU.

And so it begins, the project fear re-run. Loony Treasury forecasts, B of E Governor Carney wetting himself again, BBC news full of doom and gloom about the consequences of leaving without a deal. We will have to put up with this constant establishment propaganda until the so-called meaningful vote in the Commons in a couple of weeks time,whilst May frantically hits the airwaves and tours the country pleading for support for her ridiculous sell-out to her beloved EU.

It will be worth all the pain when she's out on her ear. Soon thereafter we rejoin EFTA remain in the EEA and everyone will get on with there lives, watching the EU disintegrate from within.

The BoE or the treasury really should not be used in a political way. They really shouldn’t be scaring the public and should be above politics. How long before they start realising figures and scenarios around a Corbyn government, then we really are in dangerous territory. Clearly I’m going to disagree with their projections, particularly as you can’t make economic forecast when you don’t know who the government will be, what economic shocks may hit the Euro zone , but mainly because they don’t know the future relationship with other countries and trading blocs. However that’s not the point. Since Blair weaponised the civil service in the lead up to Iraq , the whole rationale of the civil service is redundant. We’re starting to move towards a US type administration where the administrators are political appointees. I’m sure Labour remainers are all for this Brexit strategy, but they’ll come for Corbyn next.

The BoE or the treasury really should not be used in a political way. They really shouldn’t be scaring the public and should be above politics. How long before they start realising figures and scenarios around a Corbyn government, then we really are in dangerous territory. Clearly I’m going to disagree with their projections, particularly as you can’t make economic forecast when you don’t know who the government will be, what economic shocks may hit the Euro zone , but mainly because they don’t know the future relationship with other countries and trading blocs. However that’s not the point. Since Blair weaponised the civil service in the lead up to Iraq , the whole rationale of the civil service is redundant. We’re starting to move towards a US type administration where the administrators are political appointees. I’m sure Labour remainers are all for this Brexit strategy, but they’ll come for Corbyn next.

Complete pony.

So you can't tell me why you don't want immigrants here?

I think that shows what you're about then.

Maybe it just gets f*cking boring trying to reason with people like you, as to why some people don't believe adding a million plus to our population every 3 years is sustainable.

Careful, Al, the conspiracist mindset is seeping through all of this. You've just made all of this up for the exotic spism that's just blown up in your head. Unless you actually have any evidence that Carney, May, et al, are really plotting to get (plural) you.

Are you sat with two pencils up your nose and your pants on your head constantly repeating the word wibble? you certainly sound like a loony, dismiss anything you dont like and promote a dubious reality, Brexit in nutshell.

Are you sat with two pencils up your nose and your pants on your head constantly repeating the word wibble? you certainly sound like a loony, dismiss anything you dont like and promote a dubious reality, Brexit in nutshell.

What he and the Nolan Sister are ultimately denying is that less trade and more friction, as in new tariffs and non-tariff barriers, will result in a smaller economy. Which is of course idiotic.

And as a smaller economy means fewer jobs, I think they should tell us what the threshold is. How many people's livelihoods is it acceptable to see destroyed in order to get what they want. 1,000? 10,000?, a million?

It's a rational question - to think otherwise is to think that actions are devoid of moral and real consequences.

What he and the Nolan Sister are ultimately denying is that less trade and more friction, as in new tariffs and non-tariff barriers, will result in a smaller economy. Which is of course idiotic.

And as a smaller economy means fewer jobs, I think they should tell us what the threshold is. How many people's livelihoods is it acceptable to see destroyed in order to get what they want. 1,000? 10,000?, a million?

It's a rational question - to think otherwise is to think that actions are devoid of moral and real consequences.

You really do believe everything that project fear tells you, don't you? How incredibly naive you must be. Nobody with any intelligence believes what the Treasury forecasts are any more and even Carney places caveats on his own dire forecasts. What a pity that it is only the Remoaners who have the brains and that all of the Brexiteers are thickos, eh? They must be, mustn't they, as they are prepared to bugger the economy and ruin the livelihoods of untold millions just to get out of the EU straight-jacket and regain control over our own destiny. There aren't any upsides from Brexit, are there? All doom and gloom, we're all going to hell in a handcart,aren't we? :mcinnes:

By the way, you never told me how old you were following your previous infantile outbursts.

You really do believe everything that project fear tells you, don't you? How incredibly naive you must be. Nobody with any intelligence believes what the Treasury forecasts are any more and even Carney places caveats on his own dire forecasts. What a pity that it is only the Remoaners who have the brains and that all of the Brexiteers are thickos, eh? They must be, mustn't they, as they are prepared to bugger the economy and ruin the livelihoods of untold millions just to get out of the EU straight-jacket and regain control over our own destiny. There aren't any upsides from Brexit, are there? All doom and gloom, we're all going to hell in a handcart,aren't we? :mcinnes:

By the way, you never told me how old you were following your previous infantile outbursts.

The last you extolled the upsides from Brexit (i.e. something vague about cheaper imports), I gave you a few facts at which point you ran away, unable to defend your position.

Do enlighten me Les.

By all means have your own mental picture of me if it makes you feel good, and I'll just console myself that your having to resort to hurling insults is indicative of somebody incapable of advancing an argument without resorting to infantile behaviour. You're in good company on here with your mates Verbal and Shurlock.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction