• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah I bet all those fish sat rotting in warehouses and on quaysides are waving their little flags in jubilation right now.

I like the comment below the video about JRM being "surrounded by all his freinds".

On 12/01/2021 at 13:06, Guided Missile said:

European Medicines Agency Communication from February 2020:

Der Spiegel - December 2020:

Looks like it's getting worse - so much for the far superior 'buying power' of the EU!

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/factory-renovation-delays-european-unions-pfizer-vaccine-deliveries-by-3-4-weeks-2353200

Berlin: 

Deliveries of the coronavirus vaccine developed by BioNTech and Pfizer to EU nations will be delayed in the coming weeks because of works at the US pharma firm's plant in Belgium, Germany's health ministry said Friday.

"At short notice, the EU Commission and, via it, the EU member states, were informed that Pfizer will not be able to fully meet the already promised delivery volume for the next three to four weeks due to modifications at the Puurs plant," the ministry said.

Not sure it's the best time for a refurbishment but if it makes them more efficient then I guess it needs to be done!

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Doh.  They stated on the news yesterday that Britain currently has 30million doses of vaccine stored in the UK, enough to last until the refurbishment is completed and beyond.  I cannot find any verification of this, however.

"Pfizer will temporarily reduce deliveries of its Covid vaccine to the UK and across Europe from next week, according to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH)."

https://www.cityam.com/pfizer-to-temporarily-reduce-vaccine-deliveries-to-uk-and-eu/

" Supply to the UK, which comes from the same plant, would also see changes, it added. A UK government spokesperson said: “We are in the process of understanding the implications of Pfizer’s announcement today to our plans. However, we continue to plan to hit our target of vaccinating all four priority groups by February 15.”"

https://www.ft.com/content/e8177df6-04ae-4d20-8e62-ca76589c7653

Fantastic to see representatives of our previously oppressed fishing communities driving around Whitehall to celebrate their release from the EUSSR Jackboot and the opportunities to sell worldwide as part of buccaneering global Britain.

I believe it is called the Sovereignty Celebration Parade to Parliament or something.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/live-protest-london-devon-brexit-4899170

We're a few weeks in now and it's fairly obvious the consequences of the UK leaving the Single Market and customs union are going to be pretty hefty. We aren't seeing anything too "drastic" right now as actually many businesses did pay attention and stockpile/prepare for Jan 1st. But as volumes increase with dwindling stockpiles and lifting of Covid restrictions, it's highly likely there are going to be issues.

With time UK businesses will adapt to the new trading regime, but very few UK industries relying on trade with Europe are going to be better off IMO.

It will all boil down to how many losses from UK/EU trade can be absorbed by increased domestic demand and new opportunities across the globe.

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Fantastic to see representatives of our previously oppressed fishing communities driving around Whitehall to celebrate their release from the EUSSR Jackboot and the opportunities to sell worldwide as part of buccaneering global Britain.

I believe it is called the Sovereignty Celebration Parade to Parliament or something.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/live-protest-london-devon-brexit-4899170

I'd rather they'd fed Johnson or Gove week old oysters instead 

Yes Boris, of course. Because, nobody in Europe eats fish at home do they. :mcinnes:

It must be ALL because the restaurants are closed and absolutely nothing to do with your cobbled together catastrophe of a Brexit deal.

Earlier in the day he was saying it is all the exporters' fault for not filling in the forms correctly.

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Still, at least it's just the fish that is seeing issues, probably not even worth worrying about, especially considering all the lectures we had before Xmas telling us just how small the UK fishing industry is and how little it contributes to our GDP.

Seems like every thing else is working well???

Over a week on from the end of the Brexit transition period some hauliers say they have faced long delays.

They fear it will get worse before it gets better.

"Last week was probably the most difficult week I've had in this job in 20 years," says Pete White, transport manager at Whites Transport Services. "It's been sleepless nights and a lot of stress."

"We've had some horror stories of trucks that have had to go back hundreds of miles from where they started because the seal was incorrect, or the paperwork was wrong.

"We've had issues when we've been refused entry, but the paperwork is right.

"Hauliers may come across different issues as they try to move their goods, but the overarching difficulty is that the system now has inbuilt bureaucracy," says Rod McKenzie, policy director at the Road Haulage Association.

"Customs agents are swamped with work and struggling to process people's forms for exports. The volumes are currently down, but some are already finding the system a real strain."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55659006

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Still, at least it's just the fish that is seeing issues, probably not even worth worrying about, especially considering all the lectures we had before Xmas telling us just how small the UK fishing industry is and how little it contributes to our GDP.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/hauliers-using-north-to-avoid-state-s-brexit-checks-1.4454808

Businesses moving goods from Britain have struggled to complete the necessary customs documents on Revenue’s new IT systems and lorries have been turned away from Irish-bound ferries at Holyhead in Wales because of incorrect paperwork.

Revenue’s temporary relaxation of one customs procedure last week, aimed at getting held-up goods moving again, has resulted in just a small number of lorries getting through, as firms still struggle to cope with new border controls nearly two weeks since Brexit came into effect

50 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It is not just fish, a whole range of businesses are suffering.  Fishing is in the news because it is the poster boy for Brexiteers, and the fishing communities have been failed miserably.

• Like 2

A number of car factories are also experiencing time delays in getting parts and seeing tariffs put on previously tariff free items.

I am no fan of Boris Johnson but have a degree of understanding re his explanation that Covid is affecting sales of speciality fish products in Europe.

There is a reported £50m fund to assist traders who are affected by additional paperwork .

This sounds Ok but further adds to the admin cost of Brexit and another dilution of the £350m  per week sum that was earmarked for the NHS. 

12 hours ago, moonraker said:

It is not just fish, a whole range of businesses are suffering.  Fishing is in the news because it is the poster boy for Brexiteers, and the fishing communities have been failed miserably.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-18/150000-british-sellers-on-amazon-and-other-online-marketplaces-hit-by-brexit-charges

Loads of stories like this around.

Small businesses British people have built up being fucked over in the name of sovereignty.

I'm sure the "patriots" on here will sympathetically tell folk like this that it's their own fault they had loads of time to prepare.

When those economic forecasts were being written (by government departments) that this kind of outcome would hit GDP and growth, this is what they were getting at.

Just the compound impact of small impediments that makes it harder for businesses to do business. No grand stand-off, no showdown. Just the drift away of custom and opportunity.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-18/150000-british-sellers-on-amazon-and-other-online-marketplaces-hit-by-brexit-charges

Loads of stories like this around.

Small businesses British people have built up being fucked over in the name of sovereignty.

I'm sure the "patriots" on here will sympathetically tell folk like this that it's their own fault they had loads of time to prepare.

When those economic forecasts were being written (by government departments) that this kind of outcome would hit GDP and growth, this is what they were getting at.

Just the compound impact of small impediments that makes it harder for businesses to do business. No grand stand-off, no showdown. Just the drift away of custom and opportunity.

Surely all these small businesses should be refocussing their sales plans to take advantage of the opportunities that now exist for trading with the rest of the world, rather than propping up the sclerotic EU ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Other than blue passports, and bringing the EU27 into the immigration system we already applied to the rest of the World, has anybody yet found a tangible benefit from Brexit ?

I wasn't convinced but in fairness the fish do seem happier, insolvency experts are planning for a busy year, ex-pat bankrobbers might be coming home, Scottish trawlermen are getting some nice weekend cruise breaks in Scandinavia, lorry drivers have their own county as a theme park and gravediggers have never had it so good.

🙂👍

• Like 2

A story I've been following as it's somewhere I buy from.

Another Brexit win.

***UPDATE 18th Jan 2021, this is pretty shocking: Having just spoken to David Rutley MP, I asked him if this is a reciprocal arrangement and do EU producers have the same restrictions as we have trying to export into the UK?

Wait for it.... It turns out that no such reciprocal agreement is in place and the EU producers are free to export into the UK without restrictions. This is beyond all belief, but he added to this and told me, ‘we the UK agreed to this arrangement to encourage the EU to allow us to deal with them and avoid a no deal’!***
Its official - the UK Government have failed British food producers!

I posted earlier this month about Brexit and the difficulties my cheese producing businesses were having continuing to ship consumer parcels to the EU, with a 100% rejection despite the correct paperwork.

Despite me talking too and emailing local MPs in Macclesfield, Matlock and the Minister for Agriculture Victoria Prentice, I have had no answers about the ongoing situation of sending parcels to the EU consumer market. It has been left to DHL and DPD to explain the situation to me today. The simple answer is NO we can no longer sell or ship our UK produced cheese to the 446 million consumers in the EU.

Below is the list of restrictions put in place for Cheese consumers and export wholesale, with the 'Free Trade Deal'. Phytosanitary (Vet) certificates are £180 per consignment our average parcel value is £25. This is 15% of our annual turnover we lost overnight. My only option is to invest in France and distribute from there tarrif free and with low cost distribution!

Austria- Meat, Cheese and foodstuffs containing animal ingredients, fish and fish products are prohibited.
Belgium- Anything that requires veterinary control is prohibited therefore you cannot send here.
Bulgaria- Can be shipped but additional Analysis and Quality Certificates required for customs.
Croatia- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
Cyprus- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Czech Republic- Can be sent however this needs to be approved by customs before sending therefore it is best you speak with Customer Services in destination by calling 0042022030011. If approved Phytosantiary certificate required.
Denmark- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Estonia- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Finland- Meat, fish and milk based products prohibited therefore cannot be sent.
France- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
Germany- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
Greece- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Hungary- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Ireland, Republic of- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped
Italy- Can be shipped however the receiver will need to contact their local Ministry of Health for approval prior to shipping. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
Latvia- All imports of meat, fish, dairy and their products prohibited when arriving from non-EU countries.
Lithuania- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Luxembourg- Mostly prohibited however the receiver can check for approval with their local DHL on +352350909 or with their local customs. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
Malta- All animal products are prohibited.
Netherlands- Can be sent however required authorisation from DHL Netherlands prior to shipping, the contact number is 0031880552804. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
Poland- There are no restrictions on dairy product/food items to this country however Poland don't have a sanitary/veterinary check therefore as every food item going from the UK does required Phytosantiary certificate for you to be able to send this, the receiver will need to appoint their own third party broker for clearance.
Portugal- Phytosantiary certificate required along with either a list of ingredients or a Certificate of Analysis for customs. However the receiver will need to check with their local DHL as this depends on the food item.
Romania-No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required from yourself plus Quality & Conformity Certificates. The receiver will also need to provide Import Licence from Agricultural & Food Ministry.
Slovakia- Will need to be approved by customs in Slovakia first, the contact number is +421248229229, if approved Phytosantiary certificate required and 24 hour delay in transit is expected.
Slovenia- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
Spain- All animal products are prohibited.
Sweden-Food made of any animal (incl. dairy- and milk products). are prohibited to import.

14 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

Another Brexit win.

***UPDATE 18th Jan 2021, this is pretty shocking: Having just spoken to David Rutley MP, I asked him if this is a reciprocal arrangement and do EU producers have the same restrictions as we have trying to export into the UK?

Wait for it.... It turns out that no such reciprocal agreement is in place and the EU producers are free to export into the UK without restrictions. This is beyond all belief, but he added to this and told me, ‘we the UK agreed to this arrangement to encourage the EU to allow us to deal with them and avoid a no deal’!***

I posted earlier this month about Brexit and the difficulties my cheese producing businesses were having continuing to ship consumer parcels to the EU, with a 100% rejection despite the correct paperwork.

Despite me talking too and emailing local MPs in Macclesfield, Matlock and the Minister for Agriculture Victoria Prentice, I have had no answers about the ongoing situation of sending parcels to the EU consumer market. It has been left to DHL and DPD to explain the situation to me today. The simple answer is NO we can no longer sell or ship our UK produced cheese to the 446 million consumers in the EU.

Below is the list of restrictions put in place for Cheese consumers and export wholesale, with the 'Free Trade Deal'. Phytosanitary (Vet) certificates are £180 per consignment our average parcel value is £25. This is 15% of our annual turnover we lost overnight. My only option is to invest in France and distribute from there tarrif free and with low cost distribution!

Austria- Meat, Cheese and foodstuffs containing animal ingredients, fish and fish products are prohibited.
Belgium- Anything that requires veterinary control is prohibited therefore you cannot send here.
Bulgaria- Can be shipped but additional Analysis and Quality Certificates required for customs.
Croatia- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
Czech Republic- Can be sent however this needs to be approved by customs before sending therefore it is best you speak with Customer Services in destination by calling 0042022030011. If approved Phytosantiary certificate required.
Finland- Meat, fish and milk based products prohibited therefore cannot be sent.
France- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
Germany- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
Ireland, Republic of- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped
Italy- Can be shipped however the receiver will need to contact their local Ministry of Health for approval prior to shipping. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
Latvia- All imports of meat, fish, dairy and their products prohibited when arriving from non-EU countries.
Luxembourg- Mostly prohibited however the receiver can check for approval with their local DHL on +352350909 or with their local customs. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
Netherlands- Can be sent however required authorisation from DHL Netherlands prior to shipping, the contact number is 0031880552804. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
Poland- There are no restrictions on dairy product/food items to this country however Poland don't have a sanitary/veterinary check therefore as every food item going from the UK does required Phytosantiary certificate for you to be able to send this, the receiver will need to appoint their own third party broker for clearance.
Portugal- Phytosantiary certificate required along with either a list of ingredients or a Certificate of Analysis for customs. However the receiver will need to check with their local DHL as this depends on the food item.
Romania-No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required from yourself plus Quality & Conformity Certificates. The receiver will also need to provide Import Licence from Agricultural & Food Ministry.
Slovakia- Will need to be approved by customs in Slovakia first, the contact number is +421248229229, if approved Phytosantiary certificate required and 24 hour delay in transit is expected.
Sweden-Food made of any animal (incl. dairy- and milk products). are prohibited to import.

Sovereignty, innit.

35 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

Another Brexit win.

To be fair, they should probably be alright as a company.  Granted they've lost 446 million customers, but they claim that is only 15% of their business, so should still leave them with 2.9 billion customers (the other 85%).

That's a lot of cheese!

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s triggered a load of twats on here. 

I think the most tangible benefit from Brexit would be the ability we had of buying the Covid 19 vaccine supply from anyone, rather than joining 27 other countries in a buying group, with 27 separate agendas. When the viral dust settles, I reckon that may amount to 100,000 lives saved. A bit more important than fish and cheese, to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I think the most tangible benefit from Brexit would be the ability we had of buying the Covid 19 vaccine supply from anyone, rather than joining 27 other countries in a buying group, with 27 separate agendas. When the viral dust settles, I reckon that may amount to 100,000 lives saved. A bit more important than fish and cheese, to be honest.

The UK would have been able to source it's own vaccine supply even if we had stayed in the EU. Participation in the joint procurement was not mandatory.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/covid-vaccine-decisions-brexit

Edited by badgerx16

37 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

"none of these successes can be chalked up to Brexit. As the chief executive of the MHRA swiftly pointed out, Mr Hancock was wrong to say that the UK could approve the vaccine early because it was no longer subject to EU rules. The MHRA’s decision was taken in accordance with the relevant EU legislation, which allows member states to grant temporary authorisation for a medicinal product in response to the spread of infectious diseases (among others). [1] This legislation still applies to the UK until the end of the transition period. Any EU member state could have used the same provision of the legislation to approve the vaccine. They decided not to for political and technical reasons, not legal ones.

Similarly, the member states were in no way obliged to take part in the EU’s joint vaccine procurement scheme. The EU has very limited competences for public health under its founding treaties: it can take action only to “support, coordinate or supplement the actions of the Member States”. The EU member states in this case voluntarily decided to opt into the joint procurement scheme. If one or more of them had decided to follow the UK’s path and procure its own vaccines, no one would have stopped them." 

The village idiot talking shite as usual. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, aintforever said:

"none of these successes can be chalked up to Brexit. As the chief executive of the MHRA swiftly pointed out, Mr Hancock was wrong to say that the UK could approve the vaccine early because it was no longer subject to EU rules. The MHRA’s decision was taken in accordance with the relevant EU legislation, which allows member states to grant temporary authorisation for a medicinal product in response to the spread of infectious diseases (among others). [1] This legislation still applies to the UK until the end of the transition period. Any EU member state could have used the same provision of the legislation to approve the vaccine. They decided not to for political and technical reasons, not legal ones.

Similarly, the member states were in no way obliged to take part in the EU’s joint vaccine procurement scheme. The EU has very limited competences for public health under its founding treaties: it can take action only to “support, coordinate or supplement the actions of the Member States”. The EU member states in this case voluntarily decided to opt into the joint procurement scheme. If one or more of them had decided to follow the UK’s path and procure its own vaccines, no one would have stopped them." 

The village idiot talking shite as usual. :lol:

Better a village idiot than an EU mug:

Telegraph article from 10th January:

Germany accused of breaching EU rules by purchasing supplies of vaccine unilaterally

Germany bought 30 million extra doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine while trumpeting the benefits of EU-wide purchasing
Germany has come in for criticism over a bilateral vaccine deal with Pfizer/BioNtech to secure an extra 30 million doses of its vaccine at a time when talks between Brussels and the pharma firms were still ongoing. Berlin ordered the extra doses of the vaccine back in September at a time when it was trumpeting the virtues of a common EU purchasing strategy during its role as rotating president of the European Union.
German Health Minister Jens Spahn confirmed last week that he had purchased an extra 30 million doses of the vaccine in a separate bilateral agreement with the company. The terms of the EU’s vaccine strategy, published in June, state that the 27 member states agree “not to launch their own procedures for advance purchase of that vaccine with the same manufacturers.” The pact was supposed to be an act of solidarity towards smaller members with weaker purchasing power. Commission president Ursula von der Leyen said that the member states had agreed that “there will be no parallel negotiations or parallel contracts.”

I've underlined the relevant parts of the article. Try and read it without dribbling on you keyboard....

The village idiot came up with this publication by the EU from June 17th. It's comedy gold, and those lacking a sense of humour, I've underlined the funny parts:

An important step towards joint action between Member States has already been taken in the formation of an inclusive vaccine Alliance by France, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands. The EU Vaccine Strategy will implement a joint approach going forward.

The strategy has the following objectives:

• Ensuring the quality, safety and efficacy of vaccines.
  • Securing swift access to vaccines for Member States and their populations while leading the global solidarity effort.
  • Ensuring equitable access to an affordable vaccine as early as possible.

The EU strategy rests on two pillars:

• Securing the production of vaccines in the EU and sufficient supplies for its Member States through Advance Purchase Agreements with vaccine producers via the Emergency Support Instrument. Additional financing and other forms of support can be made available on top of such agreements.
  • Adapting the EU's regulatory framework to the current urgency and making use of existing regulatory flexibility to accelerate the development, authorisation and availability of vaccines while maintaining the standards for vaccine quality, safety and efficacy.

Actually, it's not funny, it's fucking tragic.

Vaccination.png

9 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I've underlined the relevant parts of the article. Try and read it without dribbling on you keyboard....

Regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012

The facts behind this story lie with regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012. 

Until the Brexit transition period ends on 31 December, vaccines in the UK are supposed to be authorised via the European Medicines Agency (EMA). However, since 2012, the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has been free, under regulation 174, to give temporary approval to an unlicensed medicinal product in the case of certain types of public health threat, such as a pandemic.

When the MHRA approved the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for use in the UK on 2 December, the government press release accompanying this announcement made clear that approval was given under regulation 174.

The government has previously said that “if a suitable Covid-19 vaccine candidate, with strong supporting evidence of safety, quality and effectiveness from clinical trials becomes available before the end of the transition period, EU legislation which we have implemented via regulation 174 of the Human Medicines Regulations allows the MHRA to temporarily authorise the supply of a medicine or vaccine, based on public health need.”

This is clear that using regulation 174 is implementing EU legislation.

19 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Any EU member state could have used the same provision of the legislation to approve the vaccine. They decided not to for political and technical reasons, not legal ones.

You are a fucking retard, mate. Read my post again.

58 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Alternatively make up points I am supposed to have made. Just to remind you, the EU is a political and economic union made up of 27 member states. 

16 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

here's another article, the heading is pretty clear so you don't have to worry about any long words in the article...

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-brexit-did-not-speed-up-uk-vaccine-authorisation