• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

55 minutes ago, moonraker said:

And I am colour blind, but black is black

I'm assuming you can read this government statement.

The blue cover is a return to the original appearance of the British passport, with the colour first used in 1921.

It remained the colour of choice until the UK joined the EU when a change to burgundy was agreed and adopted.

7 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Duck speak is certainly a funny old language. Irish people are " Micks." Scottish people are "Sweaties". Anybody to the left of Genghis Khan is a "pinko".

If Nicola Sturgeon is "Krankie" why is Johnson  "Boris" ? Why isn't he "Fat Blond Liar" or FBL for short?  😁

Because he's incapable of putting his views over without using childish language. 

You can draw your own conclusions as to the reasons.

8 hours ago, moonraker said:

So rather than use your eyes you quote a government known for lying, to argue black is the new “Brexit” blue.

If I was colour blind and relying on my computer monitor, yeah, I'd rather rely on civil servants on a government web site telling me they intend to introduce navy blue passports. I'd also ask myself why the fuck would a government department print black passports rather than the navy blue they planned and then in a great Brexit conspiracy. lie about it. 

Mate, you're a fruit cake.

12 hours ago, aintforever said:

Blue passports, cheaper tampons - you should be bigging up the two main Brexit positives so far.

Don’t worry they’ll be plenty more, and a lot more important. I realise this generation are quite incapable of long term thinking, but as the years go by and the EU continue their match towards a federal superstate, the benefits will sell themselves so there won’t need to be any bigging up. Within 10 years it’ll be a settled issue. 

For those interested, this brilliant review in the Telegraph should be the last word on Brexit and Britain's place in the world since the war. It may also help some posters, lost in a Remainer jungle like Japanese soldiers refusing to surrender, to reach a self awareness that may help them understand why so many of the great unwashed, gave the Tory party an 80 seat majority, based on getting Brexit done. A small extract of this article below:

Philip Stephen's self-flagellatory (and inaccurate) history of Britain’s travails since 1945 is just one long pro-EU whine

By Simon Heffer
24 January 2021 • 2:00pm

The Financial Times journalist Philip Stephens is aggrieved by Britain’s departure from the European Union, and unleashes his misery about it – outlining, in the process, the failures of government in this country ever since 1945. 

When, in June 2016, Britain voted to leave the European Union, those who would spend the next four years trying to overturn a democratic decision began by asking: why? They simply could not believe it; or rather they simply could not believe that the British people (whom they regarded as mostly uneducated and their intellectual inferiors) could have been so disobedient and insolent.

In the roots of that disbelief lay the answer to their question. Millions had had enough of being ­patronised by politicians, and indeed journalists such as Stephens, who were happy with a ­status quo that offered very little to the average Briton. There was no inkling of that discontent among Remainers, because they had gone through their lives either avoiding contact with such people or, on the rare occasions they met them, failing to treat them as equals or engage in discourse with them. But every adult in Britain has, since 1928, had the vote; we are a democracy; and if you choose to be a democracy, then you accept that the opinion of one man or woman has the same value as that of the next.

This has, sadly, never been the view of supporters of the European Union, or indeed of the European Union itself. It is a profoundly anti-democratic organisation, as it has shown several times in its history by ordering reruns of referendums on constitutional questions when the first plebiscite has failed to deliver the approved result, and avoiding such votes wherever possible. It was no wonder the defeated of 2016 did all they could to thwart the democratic process, until forced to crawl, badly wounded, off the battlefield of the 2019 general election: the despised British people treated this as an affirmation of the referendum, voted accordingly, and in doing so underlined their contempt for those whose belief in democracy was merely superficial.

Philip Stephens is remarkably uncritical about the terms for entry that Ted Heath secured in 1971 – terms so extreme that we lost a ­fishing industry and caused Margaret Thatcher to demand a rebate – and seems not to understand that a lack of what he calls elsewhere “fiscal fundamentalism” – limitation of the money supply – is what caused the massive inflation of 1974-75 that cut the Heath administration off at the knees. It also created such problems for the ensuing Labour ­government that the IMF had to intervene to run Britain’s economy in 1976. If entering the EEC in 1973 was supposed to be the magic ­solution to Britain’s problems, it manifestly didn’t work.

Let us hope this is the last whine, the last extensive act of self-flagellation, of the old pro-EU governing elite and their media lackeys, and we can get on with making a future for Britain better than the past that Stephens chronicles. We might instead turn our attention to something he avoids examining, in a book that takes the righteousness and superiority of the EU for granted – the economic morass in which some of its greatest economies, notably Italy and France, find themselves; the utter failure of the bloc to unify in its response to the massive crisis of the pandemic over the last year; and the growing problems of a diverse political culture within the bloc, notably concerning the sub-bloc of the four Visegrad countries, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. But then that wouldn’t fit the smug Remainer narrative, would it?

Edited by Guided Missile

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

But as the years go by and the EU continue their match towards a federal superstate, the benefits will sell themselves so there won’t need to be any bigging up. Within 10 years it’ll be a settled issue. 

Any predictions for what these benefits will be? I'd love something tangible to hold on to. TIA

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

If I was colour blind and relying on my computer monitor, yeah, I'd rather rely on civil servants on a government web site telling me they intend to introduce navy blue passports. I'd also ask myself why the fuck would a government department print black passports rather than the navy blue they planned and then in a great Brexit conspiracy. lie about it. 

Mate, you're a fruit cake.

Didn't say the new Polish produced passports were not blue, just that the pre EU were not.  Try reading what is written.  Just dug out my last "Black" passport, and its still black.

1 hour ago, Plastic said:

Any predictions for what these benefits will be? I'd love something tangible to hold on to. TIA

We didn't have to leave the EU in order to have blue passports. We could had had any colour we wanted although most of the world has various shades of red, green, blue or black.

My old passports are more black than blue. To describe them as blue would be weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We didn't have to leave the EU in order to have blue passports. We could had had any colour we wanted although most of the world has various shades of red, green, blue or black.

My old passports are more black than blue. To describe them as blue would be weird.

Weird, like everything else about Brexit, makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

It's dark blue mate and you're a colour blind fruit cake...

As a man who continues to display his superior knowledge you would know that colour blindness effects the Red - Green spectrum, not the Blue.  I also asked my non colour blind son and wife to check for me, and its still black.

46 minutes ago, moonraker said:

I also asked my non colour blind son and wife to check for me, and its still black.

Very embarrassing, but hey, you go ahead and ask your family to back you up in an argument on an internet forum.

For the record, the colour of the old and new UK passports are a blue numbered as 5395C in the Pantone classification, according to the Home Office.

It won't correspond to what you see on a RGB monitor and I doubt an old passport that was left out in the sun would correspond to the original shade. Anyway, I'm off to tell my wife of the Brexit passport colour conspiracy and the lies that Boris and the Tory Government are spreading about what are really black passports, not blue like we were promised.  

Pantone.5395C.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, View From The Top said:

The Cheshire Cheese Company sells gift boxes of cheese in to the EU. 

They normally retail at £25 to £30. Now each box requires a health certificate costing £180. 

DEFRA advised them to relocate. So now they've abandoned plans to spend £1m on a new warehouse and employ 30 more staff. and are looking to move to France. 

I am always irritated by the snap shot in time "democracy" as if people cannot change their mind, 4 years ago people wanted Donald Trump, 4 years later they have changed their mind. Its entirely possible that at some point people will have changed opinion on the EU decision. After all there was a decision of entering before and that got reversed.

28 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

I am always irritated by the snap shot in time "democracy" as if people cannot change their mind, 4 years ago people wanted Donald Trump, 4 years later they have changed their mind. Its entirely possible that at some point people will have changed opinion on the EU decision. After all there was a decision of entering before and that got reversed.

You can't compare regularly scheduled elections with once-in-a-lifetime referendums.

There's a big difference between people moaning about it now and there being even a remote chance that vote would be held to go back in: and in any case it's a completely different question now.

My expectation is that sometime in the future we will elect a government who will decide to use their sovereignty to join the single market again because the economic benefit and cost saving will be huge by then. But that's still years away.

• Like 1

Britain's Covid vaccine supply is in jeopardy after the EU threatened to block exports of the Belgian-made Pfizer jabs amid a row with UK-based AstraZeneca. Brussels decided to impose tighter controls on exports after reacting with fury to the news that AstraZeneca will deliver 50 million fewer doses to the EU than it had expected.

Nice to see the EU demonstrating the type of petty dictatorship they have become. Not surprising, given the history of the countries that now make the bloc up.

Still think we were wrong to leave?

33 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Nice to see the EU demonstrating the type of petty dictatorship they have become. Not surprising, given the history of the countries that now make the bloc up.

Still think we were wrong to leave?

I remember you being equally as furious when your hero did this to the entire world to benefit just his population.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/iainmartin/2020/07/01/us-buys-the-world-supply-of-breakthrough-coronavirus-drug-remdesivir/amp/

Pretty hilarious that the Buccaneering Brexiteer spirit seems to be mainly whinging and whining that a major customer expecting big orders to be fulfilled is presented as some evil, malevolent act.

Almost like you piss-weak fannies can't quite cope with the realities of global free trade as much as you like to make out.

Running off to mummy sqweaming how "it's not fair it's not fair" at the first sign of trouble.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I remember you be equally as furious when your hero did this to the entire world to benefit just his population.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/iainmartin/2020/07/01/us-buys-the-world-supply-of-breakthrough-coronavirus-drug-remdesivir/amp/

Pretty hilarious that the Buccaneering Brexiteer spirit seems to be mainly whinging and whining that a major customer expecting big orders to be fulfilled is presented as some evil, malevolent act.

Almost like you piss-weak fannies can't quite cope with the realities of global free trade as much as you like to make out.

Running off to mummy sqweaming how "it's not fair it's not fair" at the first sign of trouble.

I have not done any moaning, certainly not from the brexit voters i know, only ones i see running to mummie are remainers, running to courts and protesting like spoilt rich brats trying to over turn a democratic vote because you dont like the winning vote? while those at the bottem working hard providing a great service to the UK during a pandemic cant even afford a day off work to fcking protest.. f the EU.

4 minutes ago, Mosin said:

I have not done any moaning, certainly not from the brexit voters i know, only ones i see running to mummie are remainers, running to courts and protesting like spoilt rich brats trying to over turn a democratic vote because you dont like the winning vote? while those at the bottem working hard providing a great service to the UK during a pandemic cant even afford a day off work to fcking protest.. f the EU.

The first bit is ancient history but you cling to your lickle comfort blanket if it makes you feel good. It's all over and done sweetheart.

The second bit I have absolutely no idea what you are chatting about.

Just now, Mosin said:

What I love is the EU loving traitors on this thread supporting what they consider to be an example of "global free trade" on the part of the EU. Personally I don't give a shit whether the EU ban  Astra Zeneca, a private UK based company, from exporting a vaccine from the EU, a vaccine that is yet to receive EU approval. The bulk of the vaccine is manufactured in the UK, anyway. I also don't give a shit whether they attempt to ban a private US company, Pfizer from exporting their vaccine.

Far from being angry, I am bemused at the ineptitude of the EU with their whole vaccine procurement program and saddened at the lives lost due to it. I am also bemused at the message this will send to international pharmaceutical companies in regards to where they base their manufacturing plants. I doubt the EUSSR will figure highly in their investment plans.  

28 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

What I love is the EU loving traitors on this thread supporting what they consider to be an example of "global free trade" on the part of the EU. Personally I don't give a shit whether the EU ban  Astra Zeneca, a private UK based company, from exporting a vaccine from the EU, a vaccine that is yet to receive EU approval. The bulk of the vaccine is manufactured in the UK, anyway. I also don't give a shit whether they attempt to ban a private US company, Pfizer from exporting their vaccine.

Far from being angry, I am bemused at the ineptitude of the EU with their whole vaccine procurement program and saddened at the lives lost due to it. I am also bemused at the message this will send to international pharmaceutical companies in regards to where they base their manufacturing plants. I doubt the EUSSR will figure highly in their investment plans.  

Isn't it strange how much you care about what the European Union does?

Keep weeping big boy.

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Isn't it strange how much you care about what the European Union does?

Keep weeping big boy.

all i see is him pointing out how much of a dictatorship the EU is that its just banned the export of a vaccine from an american owned company from exporting its american + Other nations  funded vaccine into countrys out side the EU becuase the EU was the slowest part of the world to approve a vaccine made in the EU while every one else was already giving it to its people but they was to busy playing politics with its citizens lifes, so they could look stronger together by doing it all together while other unions and states and countrys was already vaccinating its populations, becuase they wanted to show the UK how being in the EU is better for us all and being run from brussles is the bee all and end all, the crown jewel of the world that has america china and russia banging at the door begging to join...

5 minutes ago, Mosin said:

all i see is him pointing out how much of a dictatorship the EU is that its just banned the export of a vaccine from an american owned company from exporting its american + Other nations  funded vaccine into countrys out side the EU becuase the EU was the slowest part of the world to approve a vaccine made in the EU while every one else was already giving it to its people but they was to busy playing politics with its citizens lifes, so they could look stronger together by doing it all together while other unions and states and countrys was already vaccinating its populations, becuase they wanted to show the UK how being in the EU is better for us all and being run from brussles is the bee all and end all, the crown jewel of the world that has america china and russia banging at the door begging to join...

https://kids.kiddle.co/Sentence

23 minutes ago, Mosin said:

That's nice, dear.

1 hour ago, Mosin said:

I can only assume English isn't your 1st language.

21 hours ago, Mystic Force said:

Who says otherwise?

We joined without a referendum, could rejoin with or without another one. All it needs is a party to stand on that platform, and win enough votes. You can have an EU vote every six months if enough people want it.

I think you’re confusing  people saying it won’t happen, with people saying it can’t happen.  

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Who says otherwise?

We joined without a referendum, could rejoin with or without another one. All it needs is a party to stand on that platform, and win enough votes. You can have an EU vote every six months if enough people want it.

I think you’re confusing  people saying it won’t happen, with people saying it can’t happen.  

To be fair, it's pretty much just CB Fry that claims that Europe referendums are once in a lifetime events.

But then goes on to contradict himself as he expects a government to be elected 'sometime in the future' that will join the single market again :mcinnes:

He seems to have forgotten that we have elections every 5 years so we could rejoin Europe as early as June 2024 if there is enough support for anyone campaigining for the country to do so....

20 hours ago, CB Fry said:

You can't compare regularly scheduled elections with once-in-a-lifetime referendums.

There's a big difference between people moaning about it now and there being even a remote chance that vote would be held to go back in: and in any case it's a completely different question now.

My expectation is that sometime in the future we will elect a government who will decide to use their sovereignty to join the single market again because the economic benefit and cost saving will be huge by then. But that's still years away.