• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

6 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’ve used the health device in France, Greece, Spain & The US. By far the worst service I’ve had is here at home. It’s easier to get a vet to see my dog than a Doctor to see a human. If you told people 30 years ago that by 2022 you couldn’t see an NHS dentist & the Doctor will ring you next Tuesday for a telephone conversation, they’d think you were nuts. 

A small example this week. Me and the SD went to the canneries last month & they had a calima. She suffered badly as she’s asthmatic and was still struggling 2 weeks later. 10 days (10 fucking days) after she first tried to see the Doc she finally got a prescription. She went to the chemist to pick it up and got into a conversation with her cousin who works behind the counter. The pharmacist over heard and came over. He advised her he was African and was used to her condition. He said the stuff the doc gave her was shite and wouldn’t do any good. He wrote down the name of a medicine and told her to go back to Docs and get this prescription instead. He said that in Europe a pharmacist could do that. She went to the doctor and gave the note to the Gestapo member on the desk, telling her can you give this to Doc and explained how the African pharmacist advised it. She refused saying “it doesn’t work like that”and she had to arrange another call. It was another week before another doc finally saw her again, and guess what? She agreed with the pharmacist and prescribed the said drug. That’s just one example that shows the pure fuckwittery, lack of common sense & time wasting that must go on day after day. Complete uselessness that doesn’t involve a lack of money. Just a lack of common sense & flexibility. 

Last week I woke up on Tuesday with with a small red mark on my right cheek (face not arse btw). By the following day my face had swollen on the right side and was quite obviously infected. Thought initially it was a bite so contacted my surgery who directed me to NHS 111 who referred me back to the practice. An hour or so later the practice contacted me and asked me to do an e-consult and within the hour i was chatting to the practice paramedic who prescribed antibiotics which I was able to start that day. Follow up appointment with said paramedic the next day and advice if it got worse what to do. Was I lucky? I don't know, but why should the level of service be so variable?

10 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Last week I woke up on Tuesday with with a small red mark on my right cheek (face not arse btw). By the following day my face had swollen on the right side and was quite obviously infected. Thought initially it was a bite so contacted my surgery who directed me to NHS 111 who referred me back to the practice. An hour or so later the practice contacted me and asked me to do an e-consult and within the hour i was chatting to the practice paramedic who prescribed antibiotics which I was able to start that day. Follow up appointment with said paramedic the next day and advice if it got worse what to do. Was I lucky? I don't know, but why should the level of service be so variable?

What you're describing is an efficient way of working. My GP surgery do the same. I had a skin growth issue last year. E consult done in the evening. Call from a GP early next day. In to see another GP that day. Diagnosed, and minor surgery done in the GP practice by another GP at the practice the following week. Compare that to a phone call, waiting for a GP appointment, being referred to dermatology, them processing it, waiting for a hospital appointment, etc. Despite what some claim on here, it's entirely possible to trim the various layers of faff, delay and admin expense and have a more efficient system with more bang for our buck. 

Another good piece on the subject, this time from Henry Hill, deputy editor of Conservative Home. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/23/tories-brexit-rishi-sunak-swiss-style-deal-eu-brexiteer

The ERG are going to end up blowing the whole party to bits and the Tories losing control of the whole steering wheel if they do carry on undermining Sunak and Hunt.

• Like 2

At least with them possibly thinking about this it show their might be some adults in the room, though their thinking is still 'have your cake and eat it', we can't re-join the single market without agreeing to freedom of movement. It's not only that the EU won't accept it, because they won't, but it's fundamental to the system working anyway, you can't have goods moving freely into and out of the UK if the people taking those goods or doing those services can't move freely as well, as then the whole thing fails as 'free' trade. 

If we want to grow the economy, especially to get out of recession we need to be able to freely trade with our main trade partners. That is the EU, that is the reality the country needs to accept and that means single market AND freedom of movement, there is no other way. (plus we need to the labour force, there is no quick fix to our multiple skill shortages)

The ERG and the right dominated media have absolutely ruined this country and weak centre-right Tory leadership has allowed them to do it, Cameron started it by allowing the farce referendum in the first place and Sunak is continuing it by being scared of them. Again we need some senior Tories to stand up and do what is right for country, not what is right for their fractured party and stop being bullied by a small mad minority. But of course that won't happen.

I do also hope that Labour's non-sensical plan on Brexit is basically Starmer avoiding riling up the Brexit media and the xenophobic red wall voters for no reason before the election and that he has real plans to re-join the single market. I think he is a lot smarter than what he has currently been saying on the matter, but its still a worrying position for Labour to appear to be almost as braindead on this issue as the Tories. 

• Like 9

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63741465

"Business groups and unions are urging the government not to go ahead with plans to ditch a wide range of EU laws, warning the move could cause "confusion and disruption" in the UK.

In a joint letter, groups including the Institute of Directors and the Trades Union Congress called on ministers to withdraw its Retained EU Law bill."

• Like 4

These ‘easy trade deals’ aren’t quite as easy the Brexiteers thought https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/26/brexit-britain-japan-trade-deal-exports-slump and the hype on the Australian one is rather different to the reality https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-australia-sign-world-class-trade-deal and https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23124659.george-eustice-claims-australia-trade-deal-not-good-uk/

With Braverman following Nick Griffin’s migration policies and Raab facing a flurry of lawsuits for alleged appalling behaviour (let alone all of the bloopers), Sunak needs to kick a lot of these ERG thickies out of the cabinet and bring more adults in like Jeremy Hunt.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, saint1977 said:

......and Raab facing a flurry of lawsuits for alleged appalling behaviour (let alone all of the bloopers).........

There is video of Raab in front of a Commons Committee failing to answer questions on why he wants to reform sections 2&3 of the Human Rights Act. He is asked to give one example of a Legal case that shows the Act isn't working and justifies his legislation, but he can't.

( Article 2 is the right to life, Article 3 is freedom from torture and degrading treatment. The proposed reforms intend to prevent Courts interpreting the Law in a manner that is contrary to pervading Government opinion ).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Michael Gove caught using made up statistics about fictional post brexit trade deals

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/dec/12/watchdog-reprimands-tories-over-800bn-post-brexit-trade-deals-claim

If only he hadn't inserted the word 'new'. The other missing information is how much trade we had with those countries, ( remember they include those industrial powerhouses the Faroe Islands and Liechtenstein ), before Brexit, which would be the real indicator of the impact of our national suicide attempt.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

If only he hadn't inserted the word 'new'. The other missing information is how much trade we had with those countries, ( remember they include those industrial powerhouses the Faroe Islands and Liechtenstein ), before Brexit, which would be the real indicator of the impact of our national suicide attempt.

Indeed, so while actual levels of UK exports have yet to recover to 2017 levels the smug little pillock bigs up 800 billion pounds worth of fictional "new" trade. It's such a pathetic and patent lie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Apparently Liechtenstein is the world  centre for false teeth manufacture. Very Important for those old gammons like Ducky and the GM loony.

• Haha 3

A new low for the EU, here:

Four people have been charged in an investigation into suspected bribery at the European Parliament by a Gulf state - reportedly Qatar. Greek MEP and European Parliament Vice President Eva Kaili was among those previously arrested in the case. Prosecutors suspect the Gulf state tried to influence parliament decisions with donations of money or gifts.

Qatar bribing FIFA is one thing, but the European Parliament. Still, it takes two to tango. In fact, so far it's taken 5.

23 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Cue lefties desperately searching for signs of bribery in the Tory party.:wave:

Come on, give us your list of demonstrable Brexit benefits.

I will help by starting for you;

New passports 

No longer having EU stars on registration plates

( Now it's your turn )

• Like 1

Added that this corruption has been uncovered and will be prosecuted so not some corrupt club where MEPs can wilfully profit so no idea what his point is. Although do not care as written him off as borderline insane I’m afraid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, whelk said:

Added that this corruption has been uncovered and will be prosecuted so not some corrupt club where MEPs can wilfully profit so no idea what his point is. Although do not care as written him off as borderline insane I’m afraid

Borderline????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Cue lefties desperately searching for signs of bribery in the Tory party.:wave:

You don’t have to be a leftie (Liberals aren’t lefties - perhaps Pinko as LD calls us). That was 60 seconds of searching. The stench of it was overwhelming. The 9th link there was the 9th goal for us Remainers over the Brexiteers with the Tory Party deeply in hock financially to Russia and some very shady people. Like Ralph, Brexit’s time is up.

PS - any chance of outlining any Brexit benefits that are actually tangible apart from increased levels of racism and xenophobia

PPS - enjoy the US mid-term results? Your hero and his Icke-type followers got the floor wiped with them, worst mid-term results for a generation.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/all-the-times-robert-jenrick-has-faced-corruption-charges-260587/

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/gordon-brown-most-corrupt-at-least-a-century/

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-24/u-k-scandals-boris-johnson-s-tories-signal-they-ve-been-in-power-too-long

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2825

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/06/tory-peer-michelle-mone-involved-ppe-medpro-government-contracts

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/20189386.tory-anti-corruption-tsar-resigns/

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20211107-boris-johnson-s-govt-is-mired-in-corruption-scandals-but-do-britons-care

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/politics/what-is-the-sleaze-row-tory-corruption-debate-explained-what-did-owen-paterson-do-how-johnson-responded-3451283

https://www.politico.eu/article/britain-tories-russian-money-oligarch/

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 1

On 27/06/2016 at 14:14, Guided Missile said:

Thank you for that, Private Frazer. I think you have no idea how a weak pound will enhance the value of UK stocks when the gamblers quit the scene and the long term value of UK plc is recognised. In the coming years the UK will be also recognised as the country that jumped into a lifeboat, not went down with the ship. I give Deutsche Bank about another 6 months before it all goes t!ts up and wipes the smirk off Frau Merkels face and bankrupts the banks in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece, while our banks watch in amusement. The fear lot really got to you, didn't they? The only thing to fear is fear itself....

On 27/06/2016 at 15:15, Guided Missile said:
buctootim said:
Says the man who doesnt know the difference between derivatives and debt and thinks Deutsche owes 50 times the GDP of Germany and will wipe out Europe.

I'm relying on the price of Deutsche Banks 5 year credit default swaps and the fact no one knew about Lehmans because bankers all whistle in the dark. A lot of the EU problems were swept hidden from us voters until the referendum was over. It'll all come out over the next few months. Italy, Spain and Portugal are in the ****, with Greece a basket case. I assume you know something that I don't that leads you to a different view? I doubt it...

Accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread.  Care to give as an updated forecast @Guided Missile

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A Tory donor's company has been given a waste disposal contract by the Tory government to dispose of the useless PPE equipment produced by companies owned by friends of Tory ministers under multi billion pound contracts let without any competitive tendering process.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So we're looking at a long shallow recession based on the assumption of the way things are. If these basic assumptions can be varied (as Liz was trying to do by boosting growth) then the recession wont be as bad and we will benefit.

A practical and mutually beneficial trade agreement with the EU would go a long way to achieving this and the rumours are that both sides are looking to get a breakthrough agreement early next year.

It's being driven by the NI protocol issues and the US demands to resolve before the Good Friday anniversary and it is possible that this could then be followed by a UK/US trade agreement.

I hope all parties see sense and are able to reach a position that allows effective trade with sufficient sovereignty to satisfy all

• Like 2

5 hours ago, buctootim said:

A Tory donor's company has been given a waste disposal contract by the Tory government to dispose of the useless PPE equipment produced by companies owned by friends of Tory ministers under multi billion pound contracts let without any competitive tendering process.  

Is that the result of a 'desperate search' ?

3 hours ago, Highfield Saint said:

So we're looking at a long shallow recession based on the assumption of the way things are. If these basic assumptions can be varied (as Liz was trying to do by boosting growth) then the recession wont be as bad and we will benefit.

A practical and mutually beneficial trade agreement with the EU would go a long way to achieving this and the rumours are that both sides are looking to get a breakthrough agreement early next year.

It's being driven by the NI protocol issues and the US demands to resolve before the Good Friday anniversary and it is possible that this could then be followed by a UK/US trade agreement.

I hope all parties see sense and are able to reach a position that allows effective trade with sufficient sovereignty to satisfy all

And could have been acheived 5 years ago.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Highfield Saint said:

I agree with you but on the domestic front some of the compromises involved will mean Sunak and Hunt telling the ERG and DUP to fuck off.  Jeremy has the guts to do it, not sure about Rishi yet. If it did happen Braverman huffing off onto the backbenches would be a definite benefit. The US situation is a bit more unpredictable after the mid-terms and any agreement has to be better than the shambles agreed with Australia. 

The ‘what is happening to our country’ thread may as well close - Brexit and all of the issues it is causing particularly the NHS https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-nhs-staff-medicine-shortages-b2247575.html

Massive democratic deficit between what was promised and what is causing. No wonder Redwood tweeted yesterday about how NHS managers are to blame for the recruitment shortages - no John, it’s you, Boris, Braverman, Patel, Raab et Al to blame. 

• Like 4

On 12/12/2022 at 16:35, The Left Back said:

Accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread.  Care to give as an updated forecast @Guided Missile

Deutsche Bank traded at around €14 at the time of that post and are now trading at around €10, some 40% lower. Meanwhile the FTSE is trading at around 7373, from 6230, at the date of that post, over 15% higher. I shorted Deutsche Bank and made around 30% on UK stocks since Brexit. I'm guessing you didn't.

• Haha 1

The canary in the mine:

Brussels has been gripped this week by stories of an international bribery ring said to involve Qatar, Morocco and influential EU figures. Colossal sums of money have been found in the homes of some of the alleged recipients: €600,000 in bank notes at the home of an Italian politician, €150,000 tucked into the luxury luggage of a Greek socialist MEP, and hundreds of thousands more in the possession of her father. In all, more than €1.5 million (£1.3m) has been seized in raids on 19 locations in the Belgian capital and in Italy, some of which were in the Parliament itself.
It is, without question, the biggest bribery scandal in the history of the European Union’s institutions, and it could well get much worse, with reports that up to 60 MEPs could be dragged into it. 

3 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Deutsche Bank traded at around €14 at the time of that post and are now trading at around €10, some 40% lower. Meanwhile the FTSE is trading at around 7373, from 6230, at the date of that post, over 15% higher. I shorted Deutsche Bank and made around 30% on UK stocks since Brexit. I'm guessing you didn't.

Of course you did mate. 

14 euros??? You had better tell yahoo.They reckon the  price on that date was below 12 Euros.

I realise that you are as thick as 2 short planks and full of bullshit but if you going to tell porkies at least don't make it so obvious. 

Screenshot_2022-12-19-17-47-13-974.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Of course you did mate. 

14 euros??? You had better tell yahoo.They reckon the  price on that date was below 12 Euros.

I realise that you are as thick as 2 short planks and full of bullshit but if you going to tell porkies at least don't make it so obvious. 

Screenshot_2022-12-19-17-47-13-974.jpg

Why would u not use the banks own website?
https://investor-relations.db.com/share/share-information/share-price-information

Don't worry. I am sure that Duckie, Wes Tender (remember him?), Moisin, and Batman or the Guided Loony (aka  the  Poison Peddler) will be along any minute now to explain how the country has benefitted from Brexit

Edited by Tamesaint