• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

1 hour ago, Mosin said:

Question. Does NI not reside inside the EUs borders and is what you would call a member of the EUs single market?

also, are they not upset that the border is between the UK / NI?

Which situation is the cause of both the lack of Government and resentment amongst both sides of the social divide in NI. It is a direct consequence of Brexit, and the lack of thought or care for the province and it's political complications that Brexiteers demonstrated.

The current 'deal', which nobody seems to want and which Rishi is desperately attempting to 'fix', and is the bastard brainchild of Buffoon Boris, is the mechanism by which the 'border' in the Irish Sea came into being, agreed by both sides, ( but without the agreement of the people directly affected ), and the UK Government is still persisting with the negotiating stance that unless the EU caves in, we will arbitrarily rewrite or delete any parts of this treaty that we deem to be against our wishes.

This is Monty Python diplomacy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

No and no. Your game and wilful neglect of accepting reality and real world consequences of political games show your ignorance. You play keyboard games and pretend your infantile opinion has weight when families grieve. Shame on you. 

You will laugh at this reply and come back with nonsense that is adjacent to the issue and rejoice in yourself. You have no feeling or understanding of the conflict in Northern Ireland and will therefore comeback with a pithy sentence that you believe will give you a gotcha moment. 

You and people like you are not part of the conversation because you have nothing to contribute or add. You are a troll. I hope you find love and leave real grieving people alone. 

My Grandmother was in Omagh when the bomb went off and lost a lot of people that day. Today brought a lot of that home. I’m hurting and the fact that nonentities like you think you can snigger about the effects that decisions made in England that affect my homeland says a lot.

Better Englishmen will understand this.

Walk away you infant.

this shows your lack of understanding, becasue it was yes and yes, i dont give too shit about your grandmother, or your whataboutery, i asked you two simple questions and you failed to give the correct reply because your stuck is cry baby mode over a vote you lost years ago blaming brexit that UK shopping stores ran of out veg when it is a problem happening all around the EU.

You dont say shit all though because it doesnt fit your narrative.

If your so against England and english people. FUCK OFF. nothing stopping you.

12 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The current 'deal', which nobody seems to want and which Rishi is desperately attempting to 'fix', and is the bastard brainchild of Buffoon Boris, is the mechanism by which the 'border' in the Irish Sea came into being, 

The sea  “border” came into being because May agreed that they’d be no “hard” border between NI & Eire at the very start of the withdrawal negotiations. Once this principle was established there were only 2 options, the deal we have now, or RUK staying in the single market.

The only way to get the RUK out of The SM was to leave The Micks behind, May & Robbins ensured that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The sea  “border” came into being because May agreed that they’d be no “hard” border between NI & Eire at the very start of the withdrawal negotiations. Once this principle was established there were only 2 options, the deal we have now, or RUK staying in the single market.

The only way to get the RUK out of The SM was to leave The Micks behind, May & Robbins ensured that. 

Whether May or Johnson, Sunak is now trying to "fix" a mess that his own Government and Party created, and this is due to the Leave.eu campaign totally dismissing NI and the Good Friday Agreement as irrelevant and of no consequence.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The sea  “border” came into being because May agreed that they’d be no “hard” border between NI & Eire at the very start of the withdrawal negotiations. Once this principle was established

I don't think that anyone with more than half a brain cell would want to re-establish a hard border between NI and the Republic. 

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I don't think that anyone with more than half a brain cell would want to re-establish a hard border between NI and the Republic. 

You are discussing Brexit voters here. People who dismissed warnings about just this scenario as another branch of "Project Fear".

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Mosin said:

this shows your lack of understanding, becasue it was yes and yes, i dont give too shit about your grandmother, or your whataboutery, i asked you two simple questions and you failed to give the correct reply because your stuck is cry baby mode over a vote you lost years ago blaming brexit that UK shopping stores ran of out veg when it is a problem happening all around the EU.

Doesn't look like it..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/supermarket-rationing-uk-europe-brexit-b2287809.html

• Like 2

Therese Coffey, who was best mates with a substitute Prime Minister, is now a Minister of Something or Other.

She did a speech to an audience of farmers a few days ago.

It went really well and it was fortunate that there is an egg shortage at the moment (she seemed to blame this on the egg producers rather than on avian flu) otherwise she may have suffered more than just being subjected to a chorus of boos.

I suppose Therese Coffey has to be in the current Govt to show there is a balance of uselessness in Parliament as she compares favourably in this respect to Dianne Abbot from the other side of the chamber.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mosin said:

Blimey mush, calm down, I'm worried you might explode.  You've made so much money from Brexit I'm not sure what's got you so angry.  There's many of us against what's happened, trying to plot a workable way forward, without needing this sort of contribution.  

Firstly "Does NI not reside inside the EUs borders and is what you would call a member of the EUs single market?" This is not 'two simple questions'.  It appears to be one question that morphs into a second half way through.  You yourself say 'question' when you ask it.  Not 'questions'.  You helpfully say the answer is yes and yes but I'm not sure I understand: Yes - "NI does not reside inside the EU borders" and Yes - NI is what warrior saint would call a member of the EU single market.  Have I understood you correctly?

Secondly; I've asked you this several times before in various versions.  So let me try a semi-simple, singular question again.  What, other than the size of your own wallet, have been the benefits to the UK of Brexit?

Thirdly, I don't know warrior saint, and I've been away for a while so might have missed it, but how is he so against England and English people?  (btw that sentence is all wrong - your should be you're, english needs a capital and you don't need commas before fuck off).

Finally writing fuck off in capital letters is not a good look for you (or anyone really).  It undermines your power and therefore the strength of your argument.  

PS if you don't care about people's grandmothers (btw it's two shits not too shit) what do you care about?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Blimey mush, calm down, I'm worried you might explode.  You've made so much money from Brexit I'm not sure what's got you so angry.  There's many of us against what's happened, trying to plot a workable way forward, without needing this sort of contribution.  

Firstly "Does NI not reside inside the EUs borders and is what you would call a member of the EUs single market?" This is not 'two simple questions'.  It appears to be one question that morphs into a second half way through.  You yourself say 'question' when you ask it.  Not 'questions'.  You helpfully say the answer is yes and yes but I'm not sure I understand: Yes - "NI does not reside inside the EU borders" and Yes - NI is what warrior saint would call a member of the EU single market.  Have I understood you correctly?

Secondly; I've asked you this several times before in various versions.  So let me try a semi-simple, singular question again.  What, other than the size of your own wallet, have been the benefits to the UK of Brexit?

Thirdly, I don't know warrior saint, and I've been away for a while so might have missed it, but how is he so against England and English people?  (btw that sentence is all wrong - your should be you're, english needs a capital and you don't need commas before fuck off).

Finally writing fuck off in capital letters is not a good look for you (or anyone really).  It undermines your power and therefore the strength of your argument.  

PS if you don't care about people's grandmothers (btw it's two shits not too shit) what do you care about?

FUCK OFF

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2023 at 08:40, Mosin said:

Very sad little man. The bile is palpable. 

I like English people so much I married one. My son is one. That must upset you as I’ve diluted the pure bloodline.

I also like spending the money with the Kings head on it. I love living here.

Thankyou England for being the tolerant, diverse and welcoming place you are. Thank you for inviting us here and we shall continue to come and show Trolls like Mosin that mixing enhances England.

Maybe if he doesn’t like it he can Foxtrot off to the little Aryan utopia he dreams off.

P.S please take Cuckmunter with you.

• Like 4

On 24/02/2023 at 14:38, Tamesaint said:

There should’t be a border because it should be one country. The issue isn’t Brexit, it predates that by decades, the issue is trying to create a artificial divide on the Island. The sooner reunification happens the better. 

On 24/02/2023 at 15:56, spyinthesky said:

Therese Coffey, who was best mates with a substitute Prime Minister, is now a Minister of Something or Other.

She did a speech to an audience of farmers a few days ago.

It went really well and it was fortunate that there is an egg shortage at the moment (she seemed to blame this on the egg producers rather than on avian flu) otherwise she may have suffered more than just being subjected to a chorus of boos.

I suppose Therese Coffey has to be in the current Govt to show there is a balance of uselessness in Parliament as she compares favourably in this respect to Dianne Abbot from the other side of the chamber.

Look at the state of the people who have just selected her to stand in her constituency again for the next election. We’ll all get to that stage one day (with good health) but average age there must be 80 or so.

https://twitter.com/BladeoftheS/status/1629748927359512582/photo/1

Edited by saint1977

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

There should’t be a border because it should be one country. The issue isn’t Brexit, it predates that by decades, the issue is trying to create an artificial divide on the Island. The sooner reunification happens the better. 

The Republic of Ireland is never going to join the UK.

Northern Ireland is never going to join the Republic.

The best that could be hoped for is a situation that worked for both parties and we had that before Brexit. 

15 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

The Republic of Ireland is never going to join the UK.

Northern Ireland is never going to join the Republic.

The best that could be hoped for is a situation that worked for both parties and we had that before Brexit. 

NI will join the Republic, its just a question of when.

The deal pre Brexit didn’t work for the rest of The UK, they wanted to leave the EU. The paramilitaries can’t have a veto over whether we can or can’t leave, so we’re left with 3 options. A proper border, NI remaining in the SM or RUK remaking in SM. The 4th option is a fudge (which is exactly what the GF agreement is),and  neither side seems prepared to go down that route at the moment. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

NI will join the Republic, its just a question of when.

The deal pre Brexit didn’t work for the rest of The UK, they wanted to leave the EU. The paramilitaries can’t have a veto over whether we can or can’t leave, so we’re left with 3 options. A proper border, NI remaining in the SM or RUK remaking in SM. The 4th option is a fudge (which is exactly what the GF agreement is),and  neither side seems prepared to go down that route at the moment. 

The Unionist tradition in NI is so strong that NI will not join the Republic in my lifetime and I suspect in yours. Ulster has always been different from  the rest of Ireland. - in matters of religion, industry and culture and it is these differences which underlie the separation of NI from the Republic.

Over 100 years ago , on the brink of  WW1 , the UVF were preparing to fight to maintain the union with the UK. Attitudes have not changed very much since then. Anyone who thinks that the Unionists would agree to unification is revealing a Karen Bradley like level of ignorance. 

5 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

The Unionist tradition in NI is so strong that NI will not join the Republic in my lifetime and I suspect in yours. Ulster has always been different from  the rest of Ireland. - in matters of religion, industry and culture and it is these differences which underlie the separation of NI from the Republic.

Over 100 years ago , on the brink of  WW1 , the UVF were preparing to fight to maintain the union with the UK. Attitudes have not changed very much since then. Anyone who thinks that the Unionists would agree to unification is revealing a Karen Bradley like level of ignorance. 

Of course Unionists won’t vote to join the Republic, the clue is in the name. The direction of travel is clear, they’ll be outnumbered eventually. Catholics outnumbered Protestants at the last census, they’re rapidly heading towards a majority. Add to that immigrants who I presume will vote in a Border poll, and it’s inevitable that eventually a majority of NI will want to be part of a United  Ireland in the EU. 

40 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Of course Unionists won’t vote to join the Republic, the clue is in the name. The direction of travel is clear, they’ll be outnumbered eventually. Catholics outnumbered Protestants at the last census, they’re rapidly heading towards a majority. Add to that immigrants who I presume will vote in a Border poll, and it’s inevitable that eventually a majority of NI will want to be part of a United  Ireland in the EU. 

Some truth in that but its not as simple as you make out. Ultimately most people vote for whatever system will give them better lives and opportunity. In the past, before the republic became a tech centre and corporate tax haven that was the UK. Now with higher wages in the south and membership of the EU it reversed. Relatively few care more about the tricolour / Union Jack or the Pope v King Billy than their quality of lives.     

Edited by buctootim

55 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

The Unionist vote has been dropping for a decade or more, and even Unionists voters are rarely the headbangers of old. They simply cant bring themselves to vote for the other leading party - Sinn Fein. I suspect if you had Labour and Tory party candidates and candidates from Fine Gael and Fine Fail you'd get totally different voting patterns. You wouldbt be alble to read across Unionist = Tory / Labour and nationalists = Fine Gael / Fine Fail.    

Not sure what all the current fuss is about - Boris got Brexit done ages ago.

Simplest deal ever, US trade deal secured, borders closed, cheaper energy and food for the UK, NHS sorted, exports leading the world, farmers happy, fishing industry turbocharged. 

If the nasty EU snowflakes are trying to hold plucky global Britain to ransom on some minor technicality, let them wait.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Sunak appears to imply that things are better in the single market:

It’s true, they are. Sunak knows it, as does Hunt and so does Starmer. The problem both main parties have is a significant proportion of their  support base are still obsessed about freedom of movement at the knuckle dragging end. They drink it in from the Mail, Express and Telegraph every day about asylum seekers and the latest lies printed. Some people are wising up to the yawning clinical and allied vacancies in the NHS, in social care, the fruit and vegetables not getting picked, the pubs and restaurants shutting, but not enough still. 

• Like 6

Sunak reckons NI is in a very 'exciting' position in that they will have access to EU markets as well as the UK.

So we're going to end up in a situation where one part of the UK can have the best of both worlds but the rest of us can get fucked. Great.

I foresee plenty of resistance and potentially some legal challenges to this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Sunak reckons NI is in a very 'exciting' position in that they will have access to EU markets as well as the UK.

So we're going to end up in a situation where one part of the UK can have the best of both worlds but the rest of us can get fucked. Great.

He's written the first page of the next SNP Manifesto for them.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

The good news though is that there is nothing stopping borriersaint fucking off back to Northern Ireland now so he can stop moaning about England.

15 hours ago, aintforever said:

So Northern Ireland is is the brilliant, unique situation of having access to the UK and EU Single market - the situation we were all in Pre-Brexit.

You have to enjoy the irony of our latest Tory PM selling the virtues of the Windsor Framework to his party, Parliament, the UK and the Republic of Ireland based on the access to the single market. Three major positives here. It makes the argument for leaving the EU weaker, it makes it less likely for Johnson to make a come back as PM and it will increase the blood pressure of Farage and his fellow gammons.

Perhaps England, Scotland and Wales could sign up to the same deal too?

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

You have to enjoy the irony of our latest Tory PM selling the virtues of the Windsor Framework to his party, Parliament, the UK and the Republic of Ireland based on the access to the single market. Three major positives here. It makes the argument for leaving the EU weaker, it makes it less likely for Johnson to make a come back as PM and it will increase the blood pressure of Farage and his fellow gammons.

Perhaps England, Scotland and Wales could sign up to the same deal too?

Good idea. I’m not too bothered about Scotland and Wales to be honest.

• Like 1

I love Alistair Campbell's analogy:

Praising the NI deal is like praising your kids when you have left them alone for a week. They have completely trashed the house but expect to be praised for tidying up the kitchen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  The government would be damned if they did and damned if they didnt.....right?

Is this going to be your new trolling technique ?

Unlike coronavirus, the Government hàd a mandate and, in theory, a direction of travel to get the UK out of the EU and to create a new framework of amazing international trade deals, and a new way of positioning the UK in the World. They are rightly being condemned because they have proven to be incompetent in many basic areas that they had promised to deliver. Behind the slogans and bluster there was no substance or effective ideas, or simply an ignoring of clear issues and obstructions, such as NI.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

I find his technique quite arousing, so long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. Especially the addition of "...right?" at the end of every post. I'm getting moist even as I type. 

;)

Edited by trousers

Promises were made that could never be kept - so they got the result and nothing else matters to them.

They couldn't even be bothered to workshop some plausible excuses for the inevitable time when the lies were exposed.

So it was a referendum where everybody bar venture capitalists, Russia and those that financed it, have lost.

But worryingly a hardcore minority of the victims of the scam, having been taken in by those lies like old ladies helping a nice Nigerian prince get his fortune back, still to this day stubbornly pretend there is some sort of victory out there.

The facts show otherwise, and facts always beat opinion. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  The government would be damned if they did and damned if they didnt.....right?

Thick cunts such as yourself didn’t have a clue what they were voting for. Simple.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Unlike coronavirus, the Government hàd a mandate and, in theory, a direction of travel to get the UK out of the EU and to create a new framework of amazing international trade deals, and a new way of positioning the UK in the World. They are rightly being condemned because they have proven to be incompetent in many basic areas that they had promised to deliver. Behind the slogans and bluster there was no substance or effective ideas, or simply an ignoring of clear issues and obstructions, such as NI.

A mandate from a non-mandatory advisory vote?

• Like 1